1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Increased isolationism     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd say... a small portion of the game population uses it. A lot of people do not know the lodestone exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grieverbk View Post
    This happens? What? Did Lodestone become a dating site that i'm not aware of?
    You missed quite a lot. You missed the "love" triangle between a 30+ year old, 1 other guy and the current troll there, fighting over a 13 year old. It has died down a whole lot, but it was pretty bad early in the year. There was one women about 50 something that blasted one dude out in the open for trying to "get with her"...when it was really her fault for flaunting her sex life publicly which drew a lot of guys in, but one went a bit too far. Yeah that shit happened on the lodestone. The GMs take the lodestone a little more seriously now, but back then, the lodestone was completely unmoderated. The stuff people say on there is just.. really?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Hey Bubbles, do you remember the Shizuku incident?

I guess not lol. Must have happened while I was out.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This pretty much highlights why I stopped playing. I'm in a FC/LS with all my long-term XI friends. I've known them all 10+ years and have met them in person multiple times.

We had a decent static going but it fell to bits a couple of months ago due to people quitting. Since then my urge to play has been practically zero. Can't do the content within the FC anymore and can't find anybody outside the FC to do it with either. Even the easy PUG'able content I don't like doing as you still have to deal with idiots.

Granted I haven't logged in since the first week of 3.1 but I can't even comprehend how bad EX and Savage must be in PUG's.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    I guess not lol. Must have happened while I was out.
    I thought you was in the same raid group when it happened? Its been so long

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I'd say... a small portion of the game population uses it. A lot of people do not know the lodestone exists.

You missed quite a lot. You missed the "love" triangle between a 30+ year old, 1 other guy and the current troll there, fighting over a 13 year old. It has died down a whole lot, but it was pretty bad early in the year. There was one women about 50 something that blasted one dude out in the open for trying to "get with her"...when it was really her fault for flaunting her sex life publicly which drew a lot of guys in, but one went a bit too far. Yeah that shit happened on the lodestone. The GMs take the lodestone a little more seriously now, but back then, the lodestone was completely unmoderated. The stuff people say on there is just.. really?
    That sound like the good ol FFXI time.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OMG I got stories to tell from that game too.. LOL but I'm sure all of us do. Entire LSes breaking because "omg my game girl cheated on me/fucked the leader IRL", etc.

The best drama was this girl was dating a guy in my ls, there was drama so they decided to server transfer away.

She told him which server she was going to, and when he got there.. she wasn't there.

11 had a transfer cooldown, so he was stuck there all alone for awhile.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    OMG I got stories to tell from that game too.. LOL but I'm sure all of us do. Entire LSes breaking because "omg my game girl cheated on me/fucked the leader IRL", etc.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/14x2o3n.png

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

^Oh dear lord, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    The best drama was this girl was dating a guy in my ls, there was drama so they decided to server transfer away.

She told him which server she was going to, and when he got there.. she wasn't there.

11 had a transfer cooldown, so he was stuck there all alone for awhile.
    And for those that don't know, the cooldown is three months. Bwaahahahahahaha.

OK that is so very evil but he probably deserved it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Whoa... I got bored enough to get Heavensward and reactivate. I regret it already. I am very disappointed to find out I have to work through a bunch of content that was boring to me at 50 that made me not want to play just to get started on the new expansion content. You literally couldn't pay me to queue up for these duty finder quest battles. I logged in to a ghost town, and almost immediately got an FC invite. It's like I was an NM being camped. I am assuming new areas are more active? I got my hopes up reading about this content that was not your typical modern MMO raid snooze fest, but it looks like that content is already passe and instead the current content people do is the same typical crap?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Anything below extreme primals and raids that are current are for the most part, faceroll unfortunately. The game has been in a lull for a while, it may pick up in 3.2, but I hope they get back to 3.5 month patches.

I haven't really found a viable alternative though :/ Blade and Soul doesn't really interest me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    Whoa... I got bored enough to get Heavensward and reactivate. I regret it already. I am very disappointed to find out I have to work through a bunch of content that was boring to me at 50 that made me not want to play just to get started on the new expansion content. You literally couldn't pay me to queue up for these duty finder quest battles. I logged in to a ghost town, and almost immediately got an FC invite. It's like I was an NM being camped. I am assuming new areas are more active? I got my hopes up reading about this content that was not your typical modern MMO raid snooze fest, but it looks like that content is already passe and instead the current content people do is the same typical crap?
    We could have told you that and saved you the trouble of reactivating. It's dead, Jim.
    At least until 3.2, anyway.

I have a pretty big friend list with all types on it - casuals, raiders, focused omnicrafters, midcores, roleplayers, you name it I got every damn demographic. The ONLY ones who are logged on anymore (not even idle, just logged on period) are the few hardcore raiders who make the game their life. It's really sad.

Wait, here is one redeeming thing. Level Dark Knight to at least 50 if you like tanking. It has hands-down the best story of any job in the game and worth experiencing...or I guess you could just youtube it, but I imagine it would be much better to play for it. Its post-50 storyline is good too, but not nearly as good as 30-50. I personally find it one of the most fun jobs to play as well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The fact that even the Random Complaint thread lacks the usual updates says something about the state of the game.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most people I know just get on to run a daily dungeon and then socialize some, but both of those are pushing it and kinda rare.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Most people I know just get on to run a daily dungeon and then socialize some, but both of those are pushing it and kinda rare.
    I don't even do this anymore. I think the grind for my relic really finished off my desire to play until anything worthwhile comes along.
    And after running through the info regarding 3.2, paired with the fact I haven't logged on in a week or two, i'm feeling rather disenchanted with the game.

Sure, i'll hop on and do the 3.2 content, but how long are we really fooling ourselves into thinking this is going to keep us happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    Where in the fuck did you read any of that, lol.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

If you're talking about 3.0 raid content not being a "snooze fest", it was indeed harder than everything we've seen in the game so far. So hard in fact that most players have chosen to stop raiding or give up because people want things hard then complain when they can't coast through it with minimal effort... Though some of us were still glad for the challenge.

Note that hard here denotes DPS checks. Mechanics were not that difficult, but harsh DPS checks paired with mechanics is what most of the playerbase is unable to deal with. Before, DPS could be sub-par as long as you have a couple people who could carry and mechanics were done. Yoshi P even said this himself.

The game is in a slump right now due to some design choices made by the dev team. They decided to pack a ton of stuff into HW and apparently the workload was so much they needed to give the ffxiv team a vacation, which resulted in patch 3.1 releasing almost 5 months after 3.0, whereas their normal schedule is 3.5 months between patches. Normally the patches between raids are catch up so making people wait that much longer for catch up only made the issue worse because they were still stuck on the third fight of the new raid tier even with 3.1 dramatically increasing item level from giving out upgrade items from Void Ark. Basically, for most groups, the catch up didn't mean shit. They still couldn't clear the raids.

So right now the community is very doom and gloom because the raid has either killed their motivation or killed their group. If you don't raid, there's not much to do outside of Frontlines which is slow due to the GC restrictive queue system (their fault for setting it this way) or working on your relic (which is a boring grind that will soon be outdated by 3.2 items anyway).

The good news for many though, is that he's promised to not make content that hard in the future (saying that DPS checks were too severe for the content)... Good for the majority of the playerbase, bad for the few of us who enjoy a challenge and being forced to work together.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I just assumed he was referring to diadem which is why the post was hilarious to me
    I got my hopes up reading about this content that was not your typical modern MMO raid snooze fest

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Where in the fuck did you read any of that, lol.
    Considering the reference to level 50 content I assume he's talking about having to complete the 2.X storyline to reach HW, which is 90% boring fetch quests and 10% duties no one does anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast