1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Increased isolationism     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    The only fix is to have 3 tiers of content like Yoshida has discussed before: Normal, Hard, Savage. Unfortunately he claimed he "doesn't have the staff" to do so....

So we have to get a compromise. I just hope its at least as hard as SCoB. That tier was good enough without being too hard.
    If anything they should get rid of the faceroll mode and have it set like SCoB with only hard and savage.

LFR does nothing good for the community besides remove potential raiders from the pool because they're bored of the raid before even starting progression.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa Coala View Post
    If anything they should get rid of the faceroll mode and have it set like SCoB with only hard and savage.

LFR does nothing good for the community besides remove potential raiders from the pool because they're bored of the raid before even starting progression.
    I didn't play WoW, but my friend who did informed me about LFR and its evils.

I guess I'd just like a system where we still retain Savage, and don't have to drop it. I think he's just worried that if we don't have normal then the majority of the playerbase is left out, and the gap from normal > savage this time around was so brutal for most they have a bad taste in their mouth.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

WoW's LFR is amazing fun though ... with the more immature/trigger happy fanbase, it's a brilliant source of drama.

Well, until they removed the loot to be "personal" loot

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

For as much as FFXIV does right, it's still an overcorrection of FFXI, flipping accessibility to its detriment.

In FFXI, if you didn't make friends, you couldn't do anything. In FFXIV, outside of raids, there's nothing that even requires talking. As long as you're enjoying the content, that's fine, but it will never produce a thriving community. It's got the glitter without the soul.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To add to that, the lack of any interesting secondary stats on gear mentioned in the other thread also hurts. Back in XI, I forced my introverted self to make friends and join groups in order to get amazing gear. Haste, refresh, fast cast, movement speed, JSE, etc. were very strong motivators to group up as they would dramatically improve the job in some cases. As a fan of lolpup, I recently learned it has become a viable alternative tank option for some of the endgame NMs thanks to their ability to stack pet DT beyond the 25% gear cap imposed on player DT, finally giving it a useful niche role.

In XIV, I've tried to recruit some people to try and attempt raids, but there is hardly any desire to do so from casuals when you can get decent gear close in effectiveness just for derping through expert dungeons. For the same reason, I've never thought about joining a static as being forced to play excessively at specific times just to get some marginally better gear seems like a terrible time investment compared to XI.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post
    In XIV, I've tried to recruit some people to try and attempt raids, but there is hardly any desire to do so from casuals when you can get decent gear close in effectiveness just for derping through expert dungeons. For the same reason, I've never thought about joining a static as being forced to play excessively at specific times just to get some marginally better gear seems like a terrible time investment compared to XI.
    SE has an opportunity to give good secondary stats now with the Materia slot being added to raid gear. They need to add special Materia that has trait boosting effects for abilities like "10% damage to Jump". Anyone who has gear with a Materia slot could put it on and wouldn't be restricted to only raiders.

They've stated they're increasing the effectiveness of raid gear in comparison to everything else this patch as well but I'm still guessing it will only be marginally better.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

But if you give players options, then some of the options may be better than others, causing players to shun those who choose the bad options.
    Best to be safe and not allow players to make any decisions, rather than take the chance of them choosing poorly.

BARANCE

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post
    It occurs to me that one of the main pushes for getting raid gear in XI (and thus joining a good endgame group) was that there were MANY endgame activities and not having top tier gear hurt you a lot. You would gather gear from many different "raids" and benefit from it in everything you did at endgame. XIV is much different - you only need raid gear to participate in the one raid they add every few major patches. Old raids become obsolete. The gear from the new raid is only necessary for that raid, all other content is perfectly doable with non-raid gear. If you're okay with missing that one thing in XIV, then there is no reason to raid. Vertical progression and general lack of serious endgame content hurts the game and the community so much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You're probably right, even with useful secondary stats, ilvl increases would probably trump any unique secondary stat they add onto gear outside of very few exceptions. Knowing the player base, they would gimp themselves because of said unique secondary stats. "Altogether, this ilv220 set gives me jump+50% dmg boost, making it the best set (current average ilvl:280)". It just sucks that we're one expansion in and nothing has changed about secondary stats. I initially gave it a pass in 2.0 since the game was still new, but now it seems like there will be no improvement at this rate. Hopefully materia changes bring something interesting, but at the very least, give those who actually raid a frickin' bone and make accuracy an additional third secondary stat on all raid equipment or something.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

"I'm sorry, giving advantages to raiders triggers lazy players. Git Bad" - Yoshi P 2016.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

The problem is they took a complete back step from 1.0 in this area. Relics in 1.0 gave "Enhanced Jump", "Enhanced Holy", "Enhanced Flare" etc. Where the hell did that go? They had it planned at one point in time under the current development team.

We even had refresh, regen, store tp, and other stats. The stats that made gear unique to people and made us question which was better to use.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    and made us question which was better to use.
    That's why. Yoshi said it would be "too confusing and hard to find what's best."

Think of the new player.
    Think of the player that doesn't even play FFXIV or know of its' existence yet.
    Think of the casual player who play 3 hours a month.
    Think of the player who quit for 7 months and come back and nothing has changed or gotten complex so they can easily play catch up.

Etc.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    That's why. Yoshi said it would be "too confusing and hard to find what's best."

Think of the new player.
    Think of the player that doesn't even play FFXIV or know of its' existence yet.
    Think of the casual player who play 3 hours a month.
    Think of the player who quit for 7 months and come back and nothing has changed or gotten complex so they can easily play catch up.

Etc.
    Seems irrelevant if you only put those stats on your raid gear. Leave the basic stats on non-raid gear so it isn't confusing.

Edit: Also god forbid they put a tooltip when you hover over the UI on stats.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    Seems irrelevant if you only put those stats on your raid gear. Leave the basic stats on non-raid gear so it isn't confusing.

Edit: Also god forbid they put a tooltip when you hover over the UI on stats.
    That's what irks me because they had the system from 1.0 - 1.24 (since apparently the 2.0 teaser was from "1.24a") and even XI's systems they could pull from, so when they relaunched XIV they literally had to redo the entire item structure which was extra work for no reason. Even if they have to regulate it to Materia at least they can do that since a lot of Store TP and stuff also came from Materia outside of Darklight and AF.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tooltips are hard. Look how long it took them to change Provoke's tooltip so it wasn't ambiguous drivel, Bane only applying to 3 targets, or the couple months after HW released where we had incorrect tooltips all over.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Found a new static and we all beat a3s for the first time last week and cleared again np on Tuesday
    -->static disbanded yesterday

Back to pvp? Suicide? Where do I go now, I'm not doing a3 progression again

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    That's what irks me because they had the system from 1.0 - 1.24 (since apparently the 2.0 teaser was from "1.24a") and even XI's systems they could pull from, so when they relaunched XIV they literally had to redo the entire item structure which was extra work for no reason. Even if they have to regulate it to Materia at least they can do that since a lot of Store TP and stuff also came from Materia outside of Darklight and AF.
    Materia itself was so much better in 1.0 too. Having it be random distribution between stats and having way more options to actually meld onto gear was great.

The actual melding process itself, not so much. Constantly blowing up gear was not fun!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Found a new static and we all beat a3s for the first time last week and cleared again np on Tuesday
    -->static disbanded yesterday

Back to pvp? Suicide? Where do I go now, I'm not doing a3 progression again
    Back to XI like half the forum

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Back to XI like half the forum
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...28c44555cb.jpg

not until sam is good again

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Sounds like not much has changed since I last left. Kind of a shame since I was hoping HW would mix things up a bit in terms of content and give me the push to try the game again.