1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 6 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 3 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Increased isolationism     submit to reddit submit to twitter

That's what everyone was hoping but once it landed all the Yohsi P. apologists could do nothing but say "well they're waiting for 4.0 to to shake things up obviously" when it's abundantly clear that the game was already as successful as they cared to try and make it and that was our lot, also please visit the cash shop on your way in for palette swapped mounts.

What's there isn't awful but it's nothing you haven't seen before and there's not all that much of it unless you're brand new to the game and aching to do loads of obsolete content.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I suppose I shouldn't feel surprised by that. I was hoping that with the expansion they'd bring something new to unite guild members/etc. instead of the "get a static and be done with it" mindset this game has had since the start. Teamwork seems to be a dying trend in online games. That or I've been playing the wrong shit.

Put it this way:

The big "we're finally giving you a reason to have an FC" event that Airship Exploration was supposed to be allows you to form a 24-man alliance before entering at which time you are split back into 3 completely separate parties unable to form an alliance or share loot or interact in any way that might indicate there was a reason to enter as an alliance to begin with.

So that's teamwork for ya.

Also the event itself is a brain-dead slog of giant test dummies with rewards about as exciting as you'd expect from a game with 3 stats (4 if you count PIE, 5 if you count garbage [parry]).

edit: also yes, static or gtfo for the raid, more than ever due to the absurd difficulty curve

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    That's what everyone was hoping but once it landed all the Yohsi P. apologists could do nothing but say "well they're waiting for 4.0 to to shake things up obviously" when it's abundantly clear that the game was already as successful as they cared to try and make it and that was our lot, also please visit the cash shop on your way in for palette swapped mounts.

What's there isn't awful but it's nothing you haven't seen before and there's not all that much of it unless you're brand new to the game and aching to do loads of obsolete content.
    https://np.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...anyone/czp3ogk

"Alot of people are too caught up emo-burping all over the place about not getting this, or not being able to do that, that they totally forget that this game is still new and growing. Yoshi P is a godsend to this game, and it's hard to hold my tongue when people bad-talk him because they are not getting what they want, when they want. They don't seem to understand the amount of work that goes into something such as a new fight, or hell, even making a new housing item. x.x it's very annoying "

I swear its like a religion for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...anyone/czp3ogk

"Alot of people are too caught up emo-burping all over the place about not getting this, or not being able to do that, that they totally forget that this game is still new and growing. Yoshi P is a godsend to this game, and it's hard to hold my tongue when people bad-talk him because they are not getting what they want, when they want. They don't seem to understand the amount of work that goes into something such as a new fight, or hell, even making a new housing item. x.x it's very annoying "

I swear its like a religion for some people.
    Seeing people worshipping Yoshida makes my blood boil. It's like he's future proofing this game ever since launch and as result it never goes anywhere.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Put it this way:

The big "we're finally giving you a reason to have an FC" event that Airship Exploration was supposed to be allows you to form a 24-man alliance before entering at which time you are split back into 3 completely separate parties unable to form an alliance or share loot or interact in any way that might indicate there was a reason to enter as an alliance to begin with.

So that's teamwork for ya.

Also the event itself is a brain-dead slog of giant test dummies with rewards about as exciting as you'd expect from a game with 3 stats (4 if you count PIE, 5 if you count garbage [parry]).

edit: also yes, static or gtfo for the raid, more than ever due to the absurd difficulty curve
    That's the other issue I have with this game. Everything is capped at 4, 8, or 24 man. There's pretty much nothing to do for guilds of odd sizes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's what makes Diadem's failure sting more than usual. You only needed 2 people at minimum to enter and it just went up from there depending on airship availability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9