1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    The clear rate on Thordan is low, so we need better weapons to help people clear it.
    they've repeatedly said Thordan is not a DPS check so that argument is irrelevant.

the reason is because once i210 weapons becomes available easily, nobody will do content for i205 weapons. for once they actually want to keep content relevant a little longer and people still complain.

They're the ones that decided on a strictly linear vertical progression model, we didn't ask for it.

It's on them to find ways to keep content relevant, or change things to be more horizontal or add some amount of depth to gearing (haha, just kidding).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

They've said a lot of shit and changed their mind on it a little bit later.

Yea...."Thordan has no DPS check" rings a bit hollow when he has a hard enrage......

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Yea...."Thordan has no DPS check" rings a bit hollow when he has a hard enrage......
    Not really?

Yoshida: I think it'll prove to be really entertaining. Like the original Knights of the Round, this is kind of a culmination of all of the mechanics from the 2.0 series raids and extreme primals where players can enjoy learning and dealing with the mechanics in a lower pressure situation with DPS checks that aren't as strict
    The Thordan EX enrage is completely irrelevant, it's not like they changed their minds or lied about the DPS checks. I mean, out of all the things to cry about...

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You have to play ridiculously subpar to even hit the tether in Thordan, and if you're really doing that poorly on the DPS front you can easily play around it and LB the Sacred Cross knight and burn him to keep it going and you get a decent chunk of time afterwards before the enrage. At this point it's just a dumb argument of semantics, but even shitters I run with in PF/DF won't ever really see the enrage without a ton of mistakes happening. It's a bit of a stretch to call it a DPS check, you're only going to fail it if everyone fucks up the actual mechanics of the fight.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I'm not saying Thordan is a DPS check, I'm saying the idea of "We don't need to give new weapons to help clear Thordan because it's not a DPS check" is something they could easily change their mind on.

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    The Thordan EX enrage is completely irrelevant, it's not like they changed their minds or lied about the DPS checks. I mean, out of all the things to cry about...
    Oh, I didn't even read the interview (due to it being mostly boring nothing), was just going off what others had said.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This logic what the fuck.

"People are actually doing our shit 90 minute stand in one spot and mash 1 2 3 zergfest. People are being rewarded by our poorly designed content! People are working together for the first time since the game launched! We had better nerf it quickly!"

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    This logic what the fuck.

"People are actually doing our shit 90 minute stand in one spot and mash 1 2 3 zergfest. People are being rewarded by our poorly designed content! People are working together for the first time since the game launched! We had better nerf it quickly!"
    This is exactly how I feel. What the everliving fuck is he thinking. It's already hard as fuck to get decent i210s in DF/PF due to random stats and shitter DPS (especially with this head-up-ass fetish people have for dino island despite it being one of the worst possible camps), if it gets any rarer I don't know if I will continue doing Diadem at all.

No, I really don't get it. "So many people are doing Diadem, it's awesome. Let's remove their reasons for doing it and make it shitter! I'm sure they'll all still want to do it!"

I will say one thing about Diadem: I find it very bearable to do because it's the Diablo principle. Kill shit, loot drops, loot might be good?! It's a gamble. NPC the loot you don't want and keep grinding the fuck out of those monster packs hoping to find a piece worthy of wearing. God knows I've wasted enough hours playing Diablo and its clones that I can handle a little Diadem, and even somewhat enjoy it.

3.15 being such a tiny patch is disappointing - I thought they'd have a little bit more seeing as they're trying to catch up for such a long lull in content. Bleh.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't care too much if they lower the drop rates in Diadem if they can somehow make the event not a complete fuckfest of boredom. I did call it though that if SE decides to fuck with the Diadem loot piñata, people will bitch.

Random-statted loot would work better in a game with more than 4 stats.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really wouldn't give a fuck less about much more uncommon 210s if the event was actually meaningful. Make the objectives more valuable and reward people more richly for completing them, have them refresh when you complete them, etc.. Even Dynamis had more depth and that's sad as fuck.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Really wouldn't give a fuck less about much more uncommon 210s if the event was actually meaningful. Make the objectives more valuable and reward people more richly for completing them, have them refresh when you complete them, etc.. Even Dynamis had more depth and that's sad as fuck.
    This is my biggest gripe with it. I lost interest pretty fast,struggling to get people to do the objectives, and when they do, it's over pretty fast. There should be rewards more directly linked to objectives, with constantly new objectives coming in as you do stuff, the farming being a "good" bi-effect of completing these objectives. Make it more goal-objective oriented, rather than purely trashkilling. Spawn items, maybe pop-items upon completion of goal tiers (say 5 goals gives pop item for a special NM, maybe something znm'ish?), add significant incentive to do goals and keep them coming. Put them on a rotation, if you have a couple of gatherers, have a reason to send them out to gather, but also a reason to come back on combat after they're done (such as upon completion of a gathering goal, replace the gathering objective with something to with the gathered stuff => something combat related).

It's all going to be a massive grind anyway, but let us at least _pretend_ to have some diversity.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    This is my biggest gripe with it. I lost interest pretty fast,struggling to get people to do the objectives, and when they do, it's over pretty fast. There should be rewards more directly linked to objectives, with constantly new objectives coming in as you do stuff, the farming being a "good" bi-effect of completing these objectives. Make it more goal-objective oriented, rather than purely trashkilling. Spawn items, maybe pop-items upon completion of goal tiers (say 5 goals gives pop item for a special NM, maybe something znm'ish?), add significant incentive to do goals and keep them coming. Put them on a rotation, if you have a couple of gatherers, have a reason to send them out to gather, but also a reason to come back on combat after they're done (such as upon completion of a gathering goal, replace the gathering objective with something to with the gathered stuff => something combat related).

It's all going to be a massive grind anyway, but let us at least _pretend_ to have some diversity.
    You should post this on the official forum because I'm not sure SE read other forums. I really find this idea interesting.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    You should post this on the official forum because I'm not sure SE read other forums. I really find this idea interesting.
    That is how I imagined it would work to begin with before we saw the lazyness of what it was.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That's exactly what Diadem should have been. A series of objectives with a final goal. Make it take an average of 60 minutes with a 90minute cap. 6 ultimate objectives each give a gold chest.

If they wanted to make it a true lasting event the objectives would be riddles and we could piece together the answers an a community.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

To expand on this,
    Regular mobs should still be able to result in loot, just much less than objectives.
    Could make it so that if there are gatherers present, the rest of the group have to protect them from surrounding mobs while they dig for their objectives (in essence, the rest would be "forced" to farm regular mobs in a specific area, there are already gathering spots that have a very high chance of the gatherer getting oneshot).
    Make it possible to skip x amount of objectives based on pt vote (group where no one can gather? be able to skip a gathering goal). Being able to complete all types of objectives should have a chance for extra chests to spawn*, so there is an incentive, but it shouldn't be so significant that princesses will drop a group if some tasks can't be accomplished for whatever reason.
    Put in achievement style sub-objectives that give "funny" bonuses, chain #x gives an extra token, big "NM"s changes the weather to let everyone know what's going on.
    Increase the penalty for dropping out of Diadem, the 2h until next "opening" isn't enough considering you can't be replaced.

*let's for example say that there are 5 groups of objectives, each time all 5 groups has been completed, something something will happen, extra chest, extra mob with chance for something, maybe just extra currency for all pt members, this being independent of the "internal category rotation".

And so on, but I'm probably moving way into the Skynamis thread now, I'm just brooding over yet another interesting idea turned bad, SE Style. You'd think 5+ years of XI and these years of XIV since 1.0 beta had made me impervious to this by now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

You'd think 5+ years of XI and these years of XIV since 1.0 beta had made me impervious to this by now.
    The thing is, they always find new ways to disappoint us.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Voting on objectives would be too much effort; just give each objective a timer that extends when you make progress. No one's mined anything in, say, 5 minutes? kay, drop the mining objective and give you another kill objective. Also, why not give chests for objectives? might as well play the loot pinata role well.