1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

To be honest, I've termed the group i'm in Mid-core - mainly because we all have jobs and can't raid for extended periods of time - yet we've still downed AS3. But imo it makes more sense to define the content rather than the time people put in because even if you don't have a lot of time, if you aren't lazy you can still get shit done.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I consider myself midcore, because I don't want to devote the resources to raid statics and I'm not part of a large FC that participates in "hardcore" activities like raiding and fight selling. But I pay attention to numbers and work on them if they suck. I'm aware of where I stand on any particular job. Though I DF or PF everything, I often have to be the leader and handhold people/explain mechanics to get through it. But I'm also perfectly capable of doing hardcore content if I wished to put the time and effort into it. And maybe someday I will hop on the raid train but I guess I just haven't yet been interested enough in the content available to navigate the thorny path of finding a group of 7 other people who aren't shit and the inevitable headache that is broken statics.

I don't know how many others choose to play this way but to me midcore means you're not doing the "hardcore" content but you're capable of doing so if you wished to put the time into it. I know for a lot of people raiding is the only thing worth doing in the game and maybe they look down on people who enjoy doing or stick to only doing the non-raid content and so want to lump all non-raiders into "casual shit" category, but anyway that's how I would define midcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    You must be getting godtier PF groups. Getting 0 chests on IV+ mobs because you have 1 afker and 2 tanks and you decided to be the healer....yeah that's annoying
    Sadly, if you have WAR or DRK as your tank(s), they're probably outdpsing the dps in your PF group. DPS do not know how to DPS anymore...at all. It's getting worse and worse.
    Though I've seen most often just 1 tank slot for PF groups.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I feel like the problem is there's aversion to calling oneself casual or hardcore. A lot of people see 'casual' and think 'bad' and when they see 'hardcore' they think 'no-lifer'. I can't blame people for coming up with new terms either way, but far too often I see 'midcore' used as this term that allows you say you're great and any of your shortcomings can be excused by your lack of time commitment. It just feels like a little bit of a cop-out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I feel like the problem is there's aversion to calling oneself casual or hardcore. A lot of people see 'casual' and think 'bad' and when they see 'hardcore' they think 'no-lifer'. I can't blame people for coming up with new terms either way, but far too often I see 'midcore' used as this term that allows you say you're great and any of your shortcomings can be excused by your lack of time commitment. It just feels like a little bit of a cop-out.
    There is nothing wrong with being casual or Mid-core imo. There is something wrong with being a lazy shitter and expecting carries.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just think it's strange to define "hardcore" as only A3S/A4S; I think you're vastly overestimating the number of people who have cleared even A1S. It's like a bunch of multi-millionaires standing around saying, "I wouldn't really consider myself rich... now Bill Gates, that's a guy that is rich." (or alternatively, a bunch of billionaires saying, "That guy isn't rich... he only has a couple hundred million to his name")

I'd say ThEX and all of Savage are "hardcore" content, with A3S and A4S being the highest end of that hardcore content.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wanted to get to this before the holiday but didn't get a chance - I added in the first part of the interview about the Korean version and differences in Haurchefant's characterization across versions, so this is the entire interview now. I still haven't thoroughly reviewed the Game Watch or other interviews yet but it seems like a majority of the talking points are the same.