1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Pruviant View Post
    It was a fucking generalization lmao. I wasn't saying that people actually looked for Mandau THFs .... and who the fuck are you and why would anyone blame you for anything? Reaching bruh.
    It just makes me sad that the word "Relic" actually meant something in XI (before they reduced Dynamis to solo content with a daily lockout) and it really carries no clout in XIV.

In XI if you had an Apoc/Gjallarhorn/Mandau it meant that 99.9999% of the time you were top tier at your job and serious about it (and had near-perfect gearsets). It was respected and people sought you out to do content with because those weapons were the best of the best (even after level cap increases they modified them to keep them at the top).

In XIV, any yahoo with a spare hand and a few days to kill can have a so-called "relic". I don't have high hopes for Heavensward relics either, probably more of the same "run Sohm Al x times" or "complete these 19 arbitrary FATEs that have nothing to do with anything".
    k "bruh"

Also you forgot how defensive people got in XI when you called their relic or their job shit (especially THFs).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It was a fucking generalization lmao.
    I love how people take things so literal. The above was me clarifying my point and actually agreeing with you. I never mained THF and given the chance again, never would. How was anything in any of my posts defending THF in any way? Not really looking for an answer because i already know it so I'll leave it at that. I honestly don't care that much so not going to go all Elucra/Spider Dan and beat a dead horse.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Of all the things to generalize you went with that as one of your 3 examples, so don't look at me when I respond to it, shit example is shit, deal with it. And I never claimed you mained THF, there are more people reading this forum than you and I couldn't give 2 shits about them defending that job.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The difference between xi and xiv relics is, xi relics (upon release) were clearly the best weapons (for almost all jobs). Ffxiv relics are meant to be a casual alternative to top tier raid weapons. If you couldn't hack the skill to get an xiv t13 weapon, you could grind for months and with enough gil/time eventually get a weapon on par or better than t13. Xi REMs were by far significantlyyyyy stronger (barring a few execptions) than anything else or sometimes offered unique benefits. This created a rift between people with and without them in XI. In 14 they are still the best or near the best weapons, but the difference in performance between a i130 augmented ironworks and an i130 zeta and a 135 dreadwyrm weapon are there but probably not more than a few %.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

XIV's relic were originally a mimic of XI's - In a sense if you got one at the time of their height (meaning the only ultimate weapon to exist) your job was enhanced. For example DRG's boosted jump damage straight out and BLM's did somethiing to Flare..I forgot what. But that was a time before yoshi touched the game and decided anything over base attributes and secondary were 'too complex and hard to balance."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Uh, Yoshi was in charge when those relics came out in 1.0 so I dunno what you're smoking. Matsui was on the team before leaving for XI though, if that says anything.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3459053

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Nov. 30, 2015)
    ■The wait time to re-enter “The Diadem” has been reduced from 120 minutes to 45 minutes.
     * We will continue to monitor player feedback regarding "The Diadem" and make further adjustments as necessary.

■Adjustments have been made to the Duty Finder algorithm where queues will be based upon queue order regardless of being queued for specific content or for a roulette.

■The shortcut buttons (XYAB/□△×◯) used in combination with the LB/L1 buttons on the gamepad/controller for Lord of Verminion have been fixed to the following button settings, regardless of the player’s button configuration.
     LB(L1)+X(□): Execute Action
     LB(L1)+Y(△): Select all minions that are the same type as the minion currently selected
     LB(L1)+A(×): Select all friendly minions that are the same type as the minion currently selected
     LB(L1)+B(◯): Select all friendly minions that are near the minion currently selected
    * There is currently an issue with the tutorial and play guide wherein the button texts are incorrect.

■The following issues have been fixed:
    • An issue in “The Void Ark” during the Echidna fight wherein the amount of damage displayed for “Demonic Descent” was not displaying correctly.
    • An issue with the Lord of Verminion Challenge “Stage 1: Tutorial” wherein the player was unable to progress when under certain conditions.
    • An issue with the Lord of Verminion Challenge “Stage 6: Off the Deepcroft” wherein a channeling line was displayed between certain minions summoned on the player’s side and the boss minion.
    • An issue with the Lord of Verminion Challenge “Stage 23: The Binding Coil” wherein certain minions would not perform actions properly.
    • An issue with the quest “The Greatest Story Never Told” wherein the player would lose control of their character while progressing through the quest.
    • An issue in the Gold Saucer wherein failing the GATE “Vase Off” would count towards the number of GATEs participated for the Challenge Log.
    • An issue with the Grand Company NPC “OIC Quartermaster” and the housing area NPC “Resident Caretaker” wherein under certain conditions purchases were not being processed properly when purchasing items with Company Credits.
    • An issue with the Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe Quest “A Bone to Pick” wherein certain texts were appearing incorrectly.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

hah, the vanu one, the dhalmels at the eastern destination were spawning with moonrune names.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    hah, the vanu one, the dhalmels at the eastern destination were spawning with moonrune names.
    moonrune names?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

They pop with Japanese names and their battle text is JP as well. I noticed that too. It's surprising that JP text gets missed so often...it's kind of obvious...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I feel that might have been a recursion error on the dev's, since I recalled doing that quest a couple times before with it all in English, then the one patch hit on the 24th which I presume buggered it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It seems to be only at one of the pop points, the others are normal.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfix (Dec. 7, 2015)
    ■The following issue has been fixed:

・An issue wherein a pre-made party of three or fewer members queuing for a Duty Roulette may be matched with another pre-made party also consisting of three or fewer members, thereby resulting in an unusual party setup that halts all queues behind it.
    lol...