1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Nov. 25, 2015)

There's a bit in this one so I made a new thread...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...25#post3449025

■The following adjustments have been made to Lord of Verminion:
    ・You will now receive at least 30 points even when you win against another player with fewer Rank Points than yourself.
    ・The time limit for the Verminion Challenge “Stage 1: Tutorial” has been increased from 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
    ・The MGP fee to participate in the Verminion Challenge “Stage 1: Tutorial” has been removed.
    ・The MGP fee to participate in a Player Battle (Non-RP) has been removed.
    ・The reward for winning a Player Battle (Non-RP) has been reduced from 100 to 50.

■Due to the change in balance of the Duty Finder, the following adjustments have been made to “The Diadem”:
    ・The respawn time for certain monsters has been adjusted.
    ・The spawning condition on notorious monsters accumulation points will be adjusted when defeating low rank monsters with multiple parties.
    ・The amount of Allagan tomestones rewarded for completing objectives in the Easy/Normal mode has been adjusted to be more balanced with the amount of time needed and the mode selected to complete the objectives.
    ※There will be no changes to the appearance of Treasure Chests or items drops from chests for monsters not indicated above.

■As a temporary solution to the issue wherein the Loot Rule will always display as “Normal” regardless of the Loot Rule selected beforehand in “The Diadem”, the Duty Finder settings window can no longer be opened while in a duty.
    ※We plan to make the Duty Finder settings window openable again after the above issue has been fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask for your patience while we resolve this issue.
    ■The following adjustments have been made:
    ・Adjustments have been made to the Duty Finder algorithm to address increased queue times resulting from adjustments made in 3.1.
    ・Upon patch 3.1 installment, we have changed the matching algorithm to “prioritizes matching to instances for which the party meets the number of members required” in which resulted the roulette role numbers to appear as “0”.
    Although the window may have shown incorrectly, the internal matching process was properly functioning, so we have temporarily removed the role matching window. We are looking into modifying the specifications in the future.

・”Flight Credit” has been repositioned in the list of items that can be exchanged for with company credits by the housing area “Resident Caretaker” NPC.
    ・On the character selection screen, “Days Remaining on Subscription” has been changed to “Days of Play Time Remaining”.
    ・The Chocobo Square instance separation implemented to prevent congestion in the Gold Saucer has been removed.

■The following issues have been fixed:
    ・An issue in “The Void Ark” during the Cuchulainn fight wherein Cuchulainn would stop performing actions.
    ・An issue in “The Void Ark” during the Echidna fight wherein status effects you did not receive would appear as flying text.
    ・An issue in “The Diadem” wherein the “Damage Up” status granted by “Pure White Crystal” would remain even after leaving the duty.
    ・An issue in “The Diadem” wherein certain parts of the “Mission Results” screen may not display correctly. (FR, DE only)
    ・An issue in “Sohm Al” wherein certain terrain would not appear correctly.
    ・An issue in “The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan Reign” wherein “Restriction: Cannot Add Members” would not be displayed under the Duty Finder Information.
    ・An issue with the main scenario quests “Breaking the Cycle” and “Dreams of the Lost” wherein NPCs from another quest would appear under certain conditions.
    ・An issue with the beast tribe quest “Sundrop the Beat” wherein the dialogue options for the NPC “Linu Vali” were ordered incorrectly.
    ・An issue with the beast tribe daily quest “A Bone to Pick” wherein the items dropped from monsters were not correct.
    ・An issue with the NPC “Auriana” in Revenant’s Toll (X:22 Y:6) wherein the “Dust Bunny” could not be obtained without completing the Zodiac Weapon side story quest.
    ・An issue with the NPC “Auriana” in Revenant’s Toll (X:22 Y:6) wherein “Sacred Spring Water” could be obtained without completing the Zodiac Weapon side story quest.
    ・An issue wherein the inputted quantity of an item may unintentionally go back to its default value when attempting to purchase an item from a Grand Company’s Quartermaster.
    ・An issue wherein the inputted quantity of an item may unintentionally change when attempting to purchase an item from a Grand Company’s Quartermaster.
    ・An issue wherein certain tutorials for Lord of Verminion would occasionally advance before the player attempts to control the game.
    ・An issue wherein an incorrect name would be displayed upon winning a Lord of Verminion tournament match.
    ・An issue wherein the length of a Lord of Verminion tournament would occasionally be displayed incorrectly. (EN only)
    ・An issue wherein the game would occasionally prevent a player from dismounting a flying mount properly under certain conditions.
    ・An issue wherein mounted travel animations were not played at the correct speed.
    ・An issue wherein the game would occasionally prevent a player from training another player’s chocobo even though they have shared their personal estate with them.
    ・ An issue wherein the game would prevent a player from controlling their airship (including going to exploratory missions) from the flight control panel under certain conditions.
    ・ An issue wherein the game client would occasionally crash when using “Teleport.”
    ・An issue wherein the graphics of certain hairstyles would not display properly when equipping certain head pieces.
    ・An issue wherein the icons of the following high-quality items were incorrect:
      Adamantite Headsman's Axe / Titanium Battleaxe / Titanium Axe / Mythrite War Axe
    ・An issue wherein the icon for the item “Sky Pirate's Halfslops of Aiming” was incorrect.
    ・An issue wherein certain quest icons within the journal were not displaying properly. (EN only)
    ・An issue wherein the name of the following item was incorrect. (DE only)
      Before:Morgenröte-Handschuhe der Thaumaturgen
      After:Morgenröte-Robe des Thaumaturgen
    ・An issue wherein certain text was incorrect.

■ The following issues with the iOS/Android app “Libra Eorzea” and the Lodestone's “Eorzea Database” have been addressed:
    ・An issue wherein the following beast tribe main quests did not state that the quest sync feature was in effect.
      Three Beaks to the Wind / A Tribal Reunion / Linu's Lovely Bones / In the Skycage over the Sea /
      Fishing for Friendship / Sundrop the Beat / Nest Side Story / The Nest of Honor
    ・An issue wherein the item “Kingly Whisker” was not listed under the reward section for the trial “Thornmarch (Extreme).”
    ・An issue wherein the item “Shield of the Heavens” was not listed under the reward section for the trial “The Minstrel's Ballad:Thordan's Reign.”

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Adjustments have been made to the Duty Finder algorithm to address increased queue times resulting from adjustments made in 3.1.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Imagine if they didn't waste time on LoV

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    No need to imagine, FFXI is full of examples. I'm actually glad they dedicate time to side content instead of completely forgetting about it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    No need to imagine, FFXI is full of examples. I'm actually glad they dedicate time to side content instead of completely forgetting about it.
    Not at the expense of the devoid of main content in the game as it is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not at the expense of the devoid of main content in the game as it is.
    Game development doesn't work that way.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Game development doesn't work that way.
    I never said it doesn't. I said there is a devoid in main content in the game and that LoV is a waste of time, and to imagine if the dev's worked on something else.

Remember, FFXIV only has a "small team" and they "need more staff".

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rip diadem?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I never said it doesn't. I said there is a devoid in main content in the game and that LoV is a waste of time, and to imagine if the dev's worked on something else.

Remember, FFXIV only has a "small team" and they "need more staff".
    Yeah but removing LoV would've changed nothing. Whatever resources spent on it wouldn't have gone towards other type of content.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yeah but removing LoV would've changed nothing. Whatever resources spent on it wouldn't have gone towards other type of content.
    inb4 new coming minions can't be used in LoV because game designers don't have the time to balance them, the assets are late and the artist throws a tantrum because no one told him to optimize them for a minigame and every game dev is scared to debug the ugly mess that the intern left behind until they hire a new intern to fix it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Which is why I said:

I never said anything about removing it now that its in, I said it shouldn't have been developed in the first place. Although Ragns makes a good point regarding new minions, but I don't give a shit about minions anyway.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Be careful of their next april fools joke and decide to take it serious. LoV etc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Be careful of their next april fools joke and decide to take it serious. LoV etc.
    Guarantee they're already spending content development time on the "Favor" system that will be poorly implemented as the main content focus of 3.2 and they add only 2 floors of Alexander Savage and 3 MSQ with 1 solo battle because "Costs and lack of team members."

It's funny how much the interns who work on XI could implement.

Pankration had infinitely more depth and was far more interesting than LoV and no one did it.

It's a waste of everyone's time.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

・ An issue wherein the game client would occasionally crash when using “Teleport.”
    This wasn't fixed. lol

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Pankration had infinitely more depth and was far more interesting than LoV and no one did it.

It's a waste of everyone's time.
    I can't wait for them to hamfist MGP into progression content like jettons.

You mean Zeni?

Or did they add something you had to buy with Jettons at some point?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Had to use jettons to buy the cameras and film for Zeni. Jettons could be acquired through Pankration or trading Imperial Currency (which was awful to grind at the time).

Oh, it's been too long I forgot about the plates and cameras and stuff.

I can't say I remember a time when IS was hard to get tho >_>

You could buy the coins off AH anyway.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah. Despite the grins, I enjoyed Pankraton.

I will not enjoy the 920 Chocobo Racing victories I will need for Relic.
    Nor the 340,000 MGP I'll need for Minfilla's Panties.
    Or the 70,000 MGP Cup of Tea I'll need for an NPC to activate the actual quest line that requires me to rerun every HW dungeons no less than 80 times each to get a drop while paying 300,000g for an item to activate said drops from said dungeons.

Either way, XI's legendaries were insane grinds, but I'd take an XI relic over a XIV relic any day, simply because at least the content interested me and didn't force me into shit because they have "no man power or money" to properly develop content.

Where is all of XIV's profits going..XV? KH3? Yoshi's Harem?