Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Luck & Logic

This had a really good first episode. Interesting premise and the main character is great so far. Also has an original staff with both the director and script writer being relative unknowns in the industry.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Second the Luck & Logic comments. Best first episode I've seen so far this season.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Figures, right as I say that I find one I like better

Bubuki Buranki Ep1

The first half of that felt like watching the Miyazaki film. I actually really like the CGI of this. The characters actually seem interesting so far and theres a lot of places the plot could go. Definitely getting on this train.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prim View Post
    Completely misread your question. He sure looks like it. Looks a lot different in the manga.
    I meant the voice actor, lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Luck & Logic had an interesting first episode. I can't help but think it'll become a little repetitive though, so hopefully it stays fresh.

Bubuki Buranki was really really interesting. I'm getting some Eureka Seven vibes from it, not so much from a plot point of view, but just from a fresh, "this looks really compelling and unique" point of view. Might be a little early to say this, but this anime may be the first hidden gem of the season. I finished the episode with lots of questions and a strong sense of "I want more", which is a great sign

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I have to say this season has way more better shows than in the fall. Mostly everything I've watched has been pretty good. Not sure about PSO2 and Sekko Boys though.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

PSO2 was a bit of a letdown. More a show about playing game than the game itself so far. Sekko Boys was just... weird, but at least it's only 7 mins long.

Bubuki was alright. GF and I will probably try watching for a few more episodes. The 3D is a little annoying, but not as bad as Berserk.

Luck and Logic on the other hand.... I can't do this little girl stuff anymore. One episode is enough. And I'm buzzed, when I'm slightly more tolerable to stuff. Soundtrack seems alright, though.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Schwarzmarken Ep1

The time period and setting alone is enough to make me interested in this. Set in East and West Germany during the cold war. An alien invasion and mechs on top of that? Alright I'm in. Looks like it's gonna be super dark.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Schwarzmarken Ep1

The time period and setting alone is enough to make me interested in this. Set in East and West Germany during the cold war. An alien invasion and mechs on top of that? Alright I'm in. Looks like it's gonna be super dark.
    Intro was long but once it started I was hooked. It still has all the shonen cliche and slight ecchi here and there but it looks solid.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It originates from an ecchi game so its not all that surprising.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ahh, legit. Well, now that we're here is this the first adaptation from that game?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No, theres another. Muv-luv. It actually inspired me to download that. heard its also super dark.

Edit: The games are Muv-luv and Muv-luv Alternative. The show is Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cool, thanks. I started watching the first 2 episodes of that series and LOL this is gonna be a fun ride.

I checked out Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi or simply "Erased" and it's pretty good. I didn't read the manga yet but this foresight-detective-esqe show seems well thought out. First episode in and I was already caught off guard so that's a step in the right direction.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Dimension W Ep 1

This was pretty good. Nothing especially bad I'd say and I liked the main guy and the robot girl.

Hai to gensou no grimgar Ep1
    Another trapped in mmo show. I enjoy the nice relaxed pace to this show. I love the art style. I like the fact that the characters aren't just automatically strong and actually have to struggle.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Liking Dimension W so far (not because the robot girl looks like a cat with the tail and ears) *cough cough* >.> (need to see the girl with bat wing head ornament also!)

Hai to gensou no grimgar the art is nice, the first episode made me happy and sad... that the rogue trainer will basically only be seen for one episode ;/ But there is that black mage girl... awwww yeeaaaahhh

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

There is a PSO2 anime? haha, it just looks like a really expensive ad for PSO2.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Another trapped in mmo show.
    I feel like this is misleading to say. It's entirely a fantasy world. Transportation or something similar definitely occurred, but the world is nothing like SAO/LH/The New Gate/etc. The world is closer to Mushoku or Death March or something like that. There are 'game-like elements' but it's very mild, much less than something like DanMachi for comparison.

that the rogue trainer will basically only be seen for one episode ;/
    I think her next appearance will be equally delicious. :3

I'm very happy with the animation and character designs for the anime. I'm hoping this ends up as a dark horse for most people. I recommend anybody on the fence stay with it at least until three of four eps. It should get interestinger.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I feel like this is misleading to say. It's entirely a fantasy world. Transportation or something similar definitely occurred, but the world is nothing like SAO/LH/The New Gate/etc. The world is closer to Mushoku or Death March or something like that. There are 'game-like elements' but it's very mild, much less than something like DanMachi for comparison.

I think her next appearance will be equally delicious. :3

I'm very happy with the animation and character designs for the anime. I'm hoping this ends up as a dark horse for most people. I recommend anybody on the fence stay with it at least until three of four eps. It should get interestinger.
    Making me read the manga! and zomg...!
    Spoiler: show
    the thief trainer in the manga looks so different.. I'm torn between which can be better.. sideboob manga or underboob anime trainer... AAAHHHhhhh

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I didn't even realize there was a manga, I've been going off of text descriptions of her from the LN lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast