+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Really digging Grimgar. I like how it really humanizes the so called RPG/fantasy game experience.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Bubuki Buranki might be the sleeper hit of the season for me.
    I wanna give it one more episode to connect the plot points. The show's okay it just feels confused.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    I wanna give it one more episode to connect the plot points. The show's okay it just feels confused.
    I agree I still have no idea what is going on. They need to advance the plot next episode.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    I agree I still have no idea what is going on. They need to advance the plot next episode.
    You know, TTGL was like that too.

I get some vibes similar to that show from this, actually.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The newest episode of Gintama was fantastic. But the "Teach us Ginpachi Sensei" segment at the end was just icing on the cake. So good.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Liking Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! even more after ep2... almost feel bad for the main guy with all the crazy women...

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Liking Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! even more after ep2... almost feel bad for the main guy with all the crazy women...
    Was just about to write about this show and how fucking hilarious it is.

Spoiler: show
    A healer "goddess" whose best stat is binge drinking, a beginner level mage that can only cast epic shit-your-pants tier magic, and a knight who is getting off rubbing on her armor or something.

Gotta love it. Oh and apparently I missed this the first time:

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Boku dake ga Inani Machi

Super dark anime, I can sense I'm gonna cry next week. This is good shit.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Jumping on the Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! wagon. Series is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Boku dake ga Inani Machi

Agreed, one of the best this season.

Haruchika has also been nice, the characters are fun, there some music elements mixed in with general mystery.

Dagashi Kashi is funny and shit, but I feel like it's a massive advert for Japanese sweets. I don't really care about that except they go into a lot of detail about it which is...weird.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Haruchika has also been nice, the characters are fun, there some music elements mixed in with general mystery.
    I'm pretty close to dropping it, mostly due to Haruta having a rotten attitude and being a busybody. The two redeeming factors are the puzzle solving, which was nonexistent in Ep3, and the animation which is really well done.
    Even Chika, who is supposed to be a counter personality to Haruta, doesn't meet that goal except as a rival for the teacher's attention which makes the whole 'omg he's gay and wants senpai' thing moot.

Dagashi Kashi is funny and shit, but I feel like it's a massive advert for Japanese sweets. I don't really care about that except they go into a lot of detail about it which is...weird.
    There's a discussion thread about this on Reddit - the snacks in the show are ubiquitous in Japanese culture, and it doesn't use actual IRL branding, so any advertising would be kinda meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    I'm pretty close to dropping it, mostly due to Haruta having a rotten attitude and being a busybody. The two redeeming factors are the puzzle solving, which was nonexistent in Ep3, and the animation which is really well done.
    Even Chika, who is supposed to be a counter personality to Haruta, doesn't meet that goal except as a rival for the teacher's attention which makes the whole 'omg he's gay and wants senpai' thing moot.

There's a discussion thread about this on Reddit - the snacks in the show are ubiquitous in Japanese culture, and it doesn't use actual IRL branding, so any advertising would be kinda meaningless.
    Chika is a good counter for Haruta's cheekiness in that if he goes overboard she just kicks him because he's a weakling. She doesn't overdo it though and I think the pair have a nice balance in general except for when it comes to mysteries where Chika's only contribution tends to be by accident. The pair have a nice dynamic that doesn't really seem forced or particularly one-sided and adding more characters is only going to make that more interesting.

Looking forward to seeing where it goes but it can cover a lot of ground/genres.

Them competing for the teacher is hilarious too but I agree they could highlight Haruta's feelings a lot more when it comes to that. Him giving her the snub was great.

As for Dagashi Kashi I get there's no real brands, but it still feels like it's pandering to something and it feels off/weird. Like the jokes take a backseat to whatever sweet they're talking about.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Boku dake ga Inani Machi

Episode 3 was fantastic. Aots for me, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Episode 3 was fantastic. Aots for me, so far.
    I enjoy a lot of anime up until the end, here's hoping they don't fuck it up.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So as someone who likes suspense, should I start watching that one? Boku dake ga Inani Machi?

Easy yes.

There are mystery/thriller elements as well, it's pretty well balanced in terms of being gritty.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I enjoy a lot of anime up until the end, here's hoping they don't fuck it up.
    Agreed. The first episode was alright, but episodes 2 and 3 were extremely solid with the pacing, animation and plot. Here's to hoping they keep it up.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Heavy Object 15: My new wallpaper

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Based on other people's high praise I ended up catching up with the first 3 episodes of Boku dake ga Inani Machi. I don't think I've more desperately wanted a happy ending. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso I desperately wanted a happy ending too but you could see the ending to that series from a mile away. This series though I feel like it'll be really bitter sweet when we do reach that conclusion.

Thoughts on other series so far:

Dagashi Kashi was really charming at first and I really liked the characters from the first episode. But 3 episodes in it's repetitive as fuck and there's been zero story progression aside from the plot that was setup in the first episode.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! is fantastic. 2nd episode just builds on the first. The animation style/quality threw me off at first but the show itself easily overcomes that with it's fantastic premise and charming story/characters. Definitely worth a watch for anyone looking for a nerdy comedy.

Bubuki Buranki's first episode was intriguing. The 2nd wasn't bad but something about how the animation/action was cut and jumped around really kind of turned me off lol. I'll stick with it for a couple more episodes at least though, considering who knows where the story will go or what the fuck is even going on so far.

Koyomimonogatari has been kind of meh. They're what? 10'ish minute short stories from the Bakemonogatari world meant to be watched on cellphones. So yeah, just for the hardcore fans I guess.

Luck & Logic is a genre of show I don't typically get into. That action/harem mix just doesn't really do it for me typically but I've watched the first 2 without getting overly bored yet lol. Not great but not dumped immediately so there's that I guess.

There have been a handful of shows that I've only watched 1 episode of thus far. They would include Prince of Stride (which I dropped for being a shitty premise trying to bank in on the sports anime hype), Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu which... I forgot about and vaguely remember the first episode being kinda 'meh', Haruchika which I dropped because I just found it pretty dull. And Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm which again I forgot about. I would assume that considering I just forgot about these animes is probably a good sign that they were nothing special lol.

Anyway, there's my "2~3 weeks in" update.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Ep1-15(eight episodes out in English)

I recently learned about this show airing after was originally going to be a 2D anime show before it was revamped as the 3D show it is now, and the fact they is no good cute good shows this season for my wife so we decided to watch this. we decided to check first 2 episode but we ended Marathon all episodes released. The plot is pretty much Sailor Moon with an anime style and school setting.

Good:
    A lot of action.
    A lot of Anime references
    Paris setting.
    French release is best.
    Expressive facial animation.

Bad:
    Monster of the week.
    No pilot episode(the main Villain, conflict etc all established with no explanation).
    Main villain is laughably bad with awful puns.
    Bad dialogue and romance subplot.
    English voices is pretty bad(sounds like speed racer) and do not match the mouth(show is french).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast