1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Or not wanting people who can be on before reset to have an advantage plus Christmas event
    Yeah, they never cared before so it's weird this of all time, they are. It's like, updates are usually tuesday because of the very reason of weekly resets, so having on wed is likely meaning they're tying it to something pretty shitty and requires something like eso tomes or something, but eh I still figure if it's not insanely easy and the grind isn't retarded, it was something that people could definitely blow through as people with Zetas already have an advantage of skipping the first step those who didn't want to deal with that BS won't get, so may as well have kept it on tuesday.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Obviously they're adding a new weekly reset on Wednesday relevant to your Anima progress to go alongside Tomesday and ThurScrips.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Because requiring eso tomes would be so shitty... yeah. Actually is there anything that isn't shitty in this game for you guys? They could actually copy and paste stuff from XI and you'd still find something to complain about.
    I really hope they add currency drops in Diadem, make the grind incredibly long with multiple stages of currency to trade in (plus rare drops from rare NMs within the zone) and just copy this formula for every single relic in the future.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Because requiring eso tomes would be so shitty... yeah. Actually is there anything that isn't shitty in this game for you guys? They could actually copy and paste stuff from XI and you'd still find something to complain about.
    I really hope they add currency drops in Diadem, make the grind incredibly long with multiple stages of currency to trade in (plus rare drops from rare NMs within the zone) and just copy this formula for every single relic in the future.
    lol

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Who knows, kinda hard to predict. Are we going to have to spam Diadem for the Light atma and Voidark for the dark? Will both come from Diadem vendors? Hard to know.

Black Belt
    BG Level

they already kind of have that, just depends on if they use it.

Idk, have 10 stacks of gold spoils just in case tho! Cause fuck diadem.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Who knows, kinda hard to predict. Are we going to have to spam Diadem for the Light atma and Voidark for the dark? Will both come from Diadem vendors? Hard to know.
    Indeed. It's just an odd choice to not line up an update on reset like they almost always tend to due to the fact of "advantages." Hopefully they surprise us and actually make it a fun grind. I don't mind killing shit as long as it serves purpose.

Chimera/Hydra? Reuse asset, make new battle content. (XI team does this amazingly well)
    Fight Primals for x element type shit? Sure np, Ravana and Bismarck are the easiest primals ever.
    Go to some newly opened section of Azy or an instanced version where you need to kill some newly discovered Allagan bad boy? By all means!

But we all know they'd sooner make us farm the Darkscale Fate and all of a sudden FATE spawn rate is drastically lower. I'd honestly prefer XI's setup, especially with how similar ARR Relic was to Mythic's where you had to "master" all content related to it (basically doing every content in that expansion) and considering Heavensward was a tiny expansion outside of area size, they can do so much more than force us into FATEs.

I do hope they use the Derpadem coins though, so people who blew their load on Pegasus and such will end up in a further grind. I saved essentially a few stacks just incase relics need it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

looks like we have 6? FATE atmas and 4 dungeon atma to grind the fuck out this time....

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I won't lie, I thought this exact thing lol.

Complaining niggas gonna complain.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I guess we could get on our speculation game, even if it's 5 hours to go:

I'm willing to bet that the new Gordian screws and bolts (ex: Precision Gordian Bolt, Lens) will be part of the Anima quest. There's no reason behind them adding these items as tokens since the dungeon has unlimited runs and drops 4 guaranteed items. Assuming this, that part of the quest line will have us spamming the fuck out of Alexander Normal for a possible low drop chance (like the original 2.0 Nexus -> Zodiac) on these four items to turn in, which in turn helps out everyone by making i190 the new norm.

(If not this, then they have just added token-based items that are wholly silly and irrelevant, because Alex-Normal is a joke.)

Also gonna guess that the Astral/Umbral Nodule are also drops that come from Diadem and Void Ark, respectively.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It seems like a weekly quest item type thing probably to stretch some content out. If not that, (and they have been a bit silly with stuff lately..) then its required for Anima weapons which I suppose makes sense as they're not adding new content yet. I just REALLY hope if those animas are from Derpadem its token purchased as I'd rather spend the stacks of tokens I have than touch that zone ever again lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i really hope the beast tribe stuff is in no way involved with relic

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was stoked to be done with dailies once again. Those 3 days of freedom are about to end fast though Any who if you are capped best to do it when servers go up to be a day ahead of the curve.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It seems like a weekly quest item type thing probably to stretch some content out. If not that, (and they have been a bit silly with stuff lately..) then its required for Anima weapons which I suppose makes sense as they're not adding new content yet. I just REALLY hope if those animas are from Derpadem its token purchased as I'd rather spend the stacks of tokens I have than touch that zone ever again lol.
    Hope so. Looks obnoxious to me though, as if they are key items that have a chance of dropping directly to your inventory (ala Amina quest grind). Get a key item from each section of Alexander please, thx.

Busy work in the same vein as Chimera/Hydra/Ifrit/Titan/Garuda in the 2.0 series.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

exactly 5 steps to do by guessing?

1. astral/umbral module (???)
    2. luminous clusters x 6 (FATE atmas?)
    3. precision items (alex normal dungeon atmas?)
    4. crafting x 8 recipes
    5. idk wtf beast tribe currency?!

now which one do we skip....

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    exactly 5 steps to do by guessing?

1. astral/umbral module (???)
    2. luminous clusters x 6 (FATE atmas?)
    3. precision items (alex normal dungeon atmas?)
    4. crafting x 8 recipes
    5. idk wtf beast tribe currency?!

now which one do we skip....
    Hmm, rotate it like this:

1) FATE Grind
    2) Precision Items (& Unidentifiable Items?)
    3) Astral/Umbral Module
    4) Crafting x8 items
    5) ??? (Omitted by SE)

Fate grinding of any kind seems annoying as shit, and I would bet money the Zeta would skip it, lol.

I guess the real question that should be asked is how would one be able to get the base weapon for 3.0 relic if they aren't skipping a stage with Zeta? Unless SE also omitted the base weapons from being viewed and are also craftables.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pick up beastmen dailies that are the highest ranking. It'll yield 3 tokens. Kobald/Sylph/Amallja/Sahagin (fuck spelling if it's wrong). It'll take 4 days +1 quest from each to get the item needed from the vendors.

If you don't have a capped beastmen it'll take 6 days to buy 1 of the 4 items total.

tl;dr didn't do your beastmen in the past, get fucked.

Anyone knows if Snowcloak can be done unsynced? (Heading to work now lol)

Edit: LS mates said it worked.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

was told dungeons are unsync-able