BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I just charge the weapons to 100% and release spells that way. Worth it to knock out 1/3 to 1/2 of the life bar.
    This is what I was doing with Roland. 100% + high damage swords + his wall attack skill that uses physical damage to calculate damage just fucking decimates regular mobs for like 3~5k damage with really good width+reach. Great for clearing out groups.

And then I finally switched to Evan and used a fully upgraded Sunrise + 100% + decent weapons + ring that increases light damage + body armour that reduces MP cost for spells and I was hitting like 10k damage with Sunrise for the cost of 1 MP lol. Was a nice surprise haha. I don't think it does group damage so it's good for solo big mobs+bosses. This single-handedly made taking down Storme a cakewalk.

Edit: Apparently Astra can be pretty beastly too but between the cast time and the MP cost, I didn't really like it.

So after beating it I'm wondering if anyone else felt like....

*only mild spoiler*
    Spoiler: show
    That they didn't really use much of the map story-wise. Like you explore a bunch of the middle to left side and the various cities and such, but after that it's like cool we have this giant ice place that we will only briefly go to as well as a similar spot in a desert. It seemed extremely odd to me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I'm two trophies from a platinum. Just need a set of higgles and 50 skirmishes. Going to be a bitch.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The set of higgledies is super easy. Just have to get a team with matching head pieces.

The skirmish one was probably the more tedious of the trophies but for me that was because I needed the “defend Evermore from invaders” skirmishes and making them pop was annoying. If you’ve never repeated skirmishes, you can go look at the vital stats which tell you how many you’ve won so far and give you an idea of how many you have left to go

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Shame there is only really one difficult boss in this game. Which is Horraura

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by stamos View Post
    Shame there is only really one difficult boss in this game. Which is Horraura
    I found a lot more difficult bosses in the game. But go you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Unbreakable Necklace changes everything versus bosses.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom 1.02 Patch Notes

PS4 & PC Changes

• Improved game stability
    • A “Save” shortcut added to the main menu
    • Added a species icon to the message that appears before a tainted monster battle
    • Region names added to the map menu when zoomed out
    • “Lock/Unlock settings” added to equipment in the main menu
    • Different skirmish flag effect and color when battle is won
    • Changed timing to victory screen poses at end of battles
    • New Help comments for ranking up citizens and save features
    • Fixed bug in “Trainee Priestess Speio” side quest 51 which caused inability to proceed, even if with the “Rejuvenate” spell learned
    • Fixed order of actions bug in Chapter 6, on the Factory floors
    • Other minor bug fixes

PC Only Changes

• Better PC mouse camera movements
    • Fixed Caps Lock + Q key bug that caused screen blackouts in full screen mode
    • Fixed framerate drops with two-monitor arrangements

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    • Added a species icon to the message that appears before a tainted monster battle
    • Region names added to the map menu when zoomed out
    • Different skirmish flag effect and color when battle is won
    These are very nice QoL changes.... if I only hadn't platinumed this game 3 days ago >_>

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Took a month break, for various reasons, and hit Town level four before I realized you need to manually level up your citizens. I thought they would automatically gain levels, but no, all those blue up arrows actually meant something after all..... Hope this doesn't mean I need to have them stay at the Sage for a while; maybe just putting them to use in the various markets will suffice.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That's rough, they level so slow.

What I'm more annoyed by is I have to beat the game to get max citizens and castle level. I usually lose all motivation when I beat a game these days.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

yeah and so many upgrades are behind master rank

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As long as they're employed somewhere they'll level up gradually. The Salon is just faster. Most start at the tier 1 (amateur I think?) but some citizens start at tier 2 (novice?), so some should be masters with just 1 upgrade.

With everyone ranked up once, maybe just leave your playstation on for a few hours to get them all to rank up again if you have no quests/tainted monsters/skirmishes/10th door running to do? Outside of some crafting trophies, you don't need everyone at master rank or every research completed for platinum. Just OCD completionist's sake.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just freed the last kingdom, and I've only bothered to do one Door, so I think I've got a ways to go, as well as a bunch of quests to still take a look at that just opened up. I threw the research blocking ones into the Sage Salon, so we'll see how it goes; been focusing on the one and done places so I can shuffle them into the markets and such, faster.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Some of the citizens come mastered already as well, moreso the postgame ones.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Beat the game. Gonna max out my kingdom and then call it quits.

It was fun, but I feel like it wasn't anything too special. I liked the first one more and really missed the monster collecting aspect of it. Higgledies are kinda lame. The combat was also okay but pretty repetitive and super easy. I think the kingdom building kept me most interested of all.

Also wish the other world was actually explored more instead of just bringing one character from it to be the side lead.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Also ending spoilers

Lol at letting the bad guy just up and leave to go build a new kingdom after all the shit he did. Don't care if he saw the light, he still committed a lot of crimes and there should be some kind of punishment.

So lame having Roland just up and disappear too. Wish we'd seen more of his world than just at the beginning or end of the game. Why did the nuke change to fireworks? No explanation at all

The Curious Boy twist was a bit of an asspull too.

All in all, I had fun but can't help but feel a bit ehh about the overall product by the end.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Lol at letting the bad guy just up and leave to go build a new kingdom after all the shit he did. Don't care if he saw the light

Why did the nuke change to fireworks? No explanation at all
    He was the one that nuked NYC, then pulled Roland into his world. When he changed to good, Roland was sent back to that same moment as it was supposed to play out.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That's a bit of a stretch. I'd like it more if the game itself expanded on that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

v1.03
    • New difficulty modes added: Hard and Expert. You can choose how hard you want your challenge to be when you select “New Game” from the title screen, or by entering the in-game options menu at any time. Three difficulty levels are available: Normal, Hard, and Expert. The higher the setting, the harder the battles will be, but this will be offset by rarer treasures from monsters, from the chests in the Faraway Forest, and certain other places. You’ll also be able to access the true potential of accessories, with monsters occasionally dropping ones with two skills! (This won’t affect any you already own.)
      • Maximum quality level of equipment drops expanded (in Hard or higher).
      • Chances of rare item drops increased (in Hard or higher).
    • New equipment skills added.
    • Rare accessories with second skill slot added.
    • Various other game balance issues and minor bugs have also been addressed.
      • A bug that allowed the airship to land in places where it should not be able to land has been fixed.
      • Steam version only: A bug that made the player unable to control the camera at specific screen resolutions has been fixed.