I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Buddy got an early release review copy. While the music/graphics/environment/story (ok, a bit of a stretch with the "at all" earlier) the battle system in this one just wasn't to my liking. The first one wasnt the greatest in this regard, but with II it's challenge-less and has a real lack of strategy. Just another button masher - Really near impossible to lose any battle.

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting it mostly for the story as that's what I loved about the first one so much, so this works out well for me. I couldn't care less about button masher combat in relation to my overall enjoyment level. I feel like the past few RPGs I've played have been similar in this regard (Xenoblade 2, ff15, misc tales games).

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bandai Namco Entertainment are excited to announce that Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is available from tomorrow for PlayStation 4 and PC. Developed by world-renowned video game studio Level-5, with participation from former Studio Ghibli animator Yoshiyuki Momose and music composed by Joe Hisaishi, Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is ready to enchant gamers across the world in an epic role-playing game.

A treacherous coup has dethroned Evan Pettywhisker Tildrum, the young ruler of Ding Dong Dell. Evan along with the help of his friends Roland, Tani, Batu, Lofty, and many others will build a new kingdom free of strife while uniting the whole world of Ni no Kuni. Across Evan’s grand adventure, players can explore a beautifully crafted world filled with exotic locations, a wide cast of characters to encounter, dangerous foes and plenty of allies eager to help. Supporting Evan on his adventure will be natural phenomena known as Higgledies. The Higgledies will provide invaluable support during battles including offensive and defensive buffs, increasing special attack power for Evan and his friends and assist in attacking enemies. There are 100 unique Higgledies to collect, each with its own special powers. Mix and match different combinations of Higgledies during combat to strategically secure the upper hand in battles.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom provides two additional game modes for players to engage in as they progress through the game’s main story. As Evan reclaims his crown in the newly formed kingdom of Evermore, he must manage all aspects of daily life within its borders. Players will erect shops, farms, barracks and a host of other facilities to increase the economy of Evermore and provide new equipment for Evan and his allies as they venture further into the world. Hire residents to staff these shops and research new items and abilities to increase Evermore’s influence across the land. Evan will also lead an army into skirmish battles. These large-scale battles against other armies will test the resolve of Evan’s military might. Recruit new generals with special abilities to take down the opposing forces and claim victory!

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

lol the level 50 dragon in the starting area is pretty fun just a ring hiding behind him easy enough to run by. Liking the game so far.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

What's the leveling system like? Do characters have like ability trees or anything or is it pretty cut and dry and you just learn shit through leveling up

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    What's the leveling system like? Do characters have like ability trees or anything or is it pretty cut and dry and you just learn shit through leveling up
    from the 2 hour was I played cut and dry

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Played for a few hours last night, game is a lot of fun. Not really difficult but very enjoyable still

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Game Informer described the base building as Suikoden-lite. I'm tempted.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll probably pick this up next month after I get paid.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I don't get the "too easy" argument. I just hit a good difficulty spike around Chapter 4.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What the fuck is with the size of the text? And the speed that it goes away. I have to squint to see shit and it's gone before I get through it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

10 hours in somehow. This shit is addictive. My kingdom just hit level 2, kind of getting the hang of skirmish, and just about to depart for the 2nd city. Super easy to get caught up in all the sidequesting

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Played for a few hours last night, game is a lot of fun. Not really difficult but very enjoyable still
    If you want a little challenge fight red stuff. I fought the LVL 21 monsters in Cloudcoil Canyon at 14. It was fun, You couldn't just zerg them down, you actually have to dodge and block, and the higgledies help a lot too. I'll be keeping an eye out for more higher level side paths like that.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The game is simply a joy to play.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    If you want a little challenge fight red stuff. I fought the LVL 21 monsters in Cloudcoil Canyon at 14. It was fun, You couldn't just zerg them down, you actually have to dodge and block, and the higgledies help a lot too. I'll be keeping an eye out for more higher level side paths like that.
    These mobs and the ones with the purple rings around them! Oh and the giant mobs too are all fun. Especially when the giant ones are high enough level above you to have a red name lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I only did chapter 1 yesterday and I’m out of town until Sunday evening. Loved what I played so far

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Watching my girlfriend play through it today. It's a lot of fun. But yeah, the text size for some of the chat windows are horrendous. (I think it's when you're out in the open world.) I hope they fix it with a patch or something at some point.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

+ Reply to Thread