+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So, I recently got Lasik to correct my vision, and I thought everything was awesome, 20/20 for a whole month I was thrilled. But then, yesterday, while playing this game, in the over-world occasionally my party would pop up chat dialog, and the text was sooo freaking tiny, and disappeared so fast, I have no idea what they were saying... I play on a 60" television (4K, but not a PS4 Pro), and I sit about 11ft away from the screen so it cant be my eyes... can it? ...or am I just getting old? The standard cut-scene dialog is like 4x the size and easy to see/read.

Other than the tiny text appearing on the over-world (fuck that makes me sound old), I love it so far.

Yes, it's easy, but I like to challenge myself by taking monsters twice my level.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The text is pretty tiny, I can read it but it's not ideal size.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I haven't noticed an issue myself, but then again, I'm playing on 4k resolution on a 4k TV with my PS4Pro, so /shrug.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

So poison is pretty great in this game. The first purple aura monster you fight has pretty crazy defenses but if you can poison the bastard, it goes unmitigated. If you get a weapon with it, I'd hang onto it for that reason

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

the person in the higgle mask is fucking creepy I'll give you candy from my pants for some rocks. feels like he's going to rape me.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Started playing last night. When do you get to start base building?

And after the suikoden comment if this isn't fucking amazing I'm gonna be pissed.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The Kingdom Building opens up at chapter 4, which isn't that far into the game. You also get side quests then as well.

I knew this would happen. The timer on the game says 24 hours, but I've really only played like 8. I have it constantly running while doing other stuff just to build up kingsguilders for the base building. "Oh man, I got 2500 kg, time to buy another small plot to increase kg/min"

On the plus side, Evan has freaking 3x 150 dmg swords with increased crit dmg/chance and I am only at the second large town.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can someone confirm, I've heard there are some citizens you only recruit by paying the "Errand Man" (swift something)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah. In Goldpaw (I think that’s what it’s called), a new NPC pops up eventually that basically asks you to trade in a certain amount of specific goods and you earn coins as rewards (a pretty decent amount). And then you can trade those coins to earn new citizens and items.

When he first popped up, I was able to complete I think like 10 of the 12 requests he had up and easily buy the 5 new citizens he had for sale (...that sounds really bad >_>) with coins to spare

I forget the NPC’s name but he’s an old doode with a grey/blue colour theme and has his own icon on the map so when he’s added you can’t miss him. You’ll know he’s available when the Facebook app or whatever it is ingame has someone post a pic of him

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Yeah. In Goldpaw (I think that’s what it’s called), a new NPC pops up eventually that basically asks you to trade in a certain amount of specific goods and you earn coins as rewards (a pretty decent amount). And then you can trade those coins to earn new citizens and items.

When he first popped up, I was able to complete I think like 10 of the 12 requests he had up and easily buy the 5 new citizens he had for sale (...that sounds really bad >_>) with coins to spare

I forget the NPC’s name but he’s an old doode with a grey/blue colour theme and has his own icon on the map so when he’s added you can’t miss him. You’ll know he’s available when the Facebook app or whatever it is ingame has someone post a pic of him
    Yeah I've completed several of his errands, but at the time he explained that you could buy "hints" for citizens and in my mind I was like "but they show up as quests, why do I need hints?"

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Once you buy them, there really isn’t a quest involved. You just go talk to them and they join your kingdom without you having to do anything for them

Edit: these are new people with new quest markers and not the same ones that pop up automatically as you progress through the story

Honestly his getup is one of the easiest way to earn new citizens. I had so many extra coins from him that i was able to get all of the citizens + 16 catalyst items for crafting in like 5 minutes. You'll most likely already have items needed to auto-compete his quests, and the quests repop fairly quickly.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So what's the consensus? Is this game worth spending money on to buy?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've only played like 2 hours but even though I'd recommend it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I have only played about 5 hours so far as I was out of town this weekend and I find it fantastic. Advance tip - don't go OCD on the shinies. they respawn like every battle

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not gonna lie though, kinda disappointed the monster capturing isn't the same as the first game.

I clearly didn't keep up with this pre release lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The exploration factor in this game is pretty high. Every time I turn around, there is either some new location to explore, or new quests in old areas to get for you castle. I spend more time with side stuff than I do with the main story. But, at least it gives me extra time to buld Kingsgilder. So much stuff to upgrade in that castle at rank 2.... I'm afraid to think of what we have at Rank 3. XD

And now, I just got access to a ship.... R.I.P. Main story, lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah this game is definitely worth a buy. Haven’t played such a full and well developed game in ages it feels like. They do have DLC slated for later on but it feels like purely optional addons versus FFXV which were desperately needed story additions

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm so invested in this kingdom builder its ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast