BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    One trick, is if you abandon in the middle of a skirmish you keep the exp you earned, so go ahead and try harder one and when you get low on forces retreat, rinse until you complete.
    What about just failing the Skirmish? Is there any downside?

Also, just started today. Is this game made out of heroine? Couldn't put it down all day.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Any chance this is downloadable on ps4?
    That’s how I got my copy.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Forgot about having to download; good thing I haven't eaten yet, cause when I'm done, it's game time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finally got to 50+ members in my Kingdom, upgraded to Rank 3 ASAP. upgraded my coffer as much as possible and built as many of the new buildings as I could witht he KG I asved up, and now I'm up to 400k KG/hour.... Christ.... Thank God my new cap is 800k, takes 2 hours to cap now as opposed to like 20 minutes, when I was getting 250k/hour with an 80k cap, lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fun game, that looks gorgeous, but so far, has been really easy, but I'm still pretty early into the game. Right out of the first dungeon, I'm getting red drops 3x the strength of normal gear, and a bunch of blue ones too.

Only two things that bug me: one is not being able to re-map some of the battle controls, as some of their placement feels odd, and the other is...

Eh?
    Un..
    Oiy...
    Hai.
    Ah!
    Oh?
    HUT HUT HEYYAAAAHHHH!

Every time someone starts talking. Why is that grunting even there?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I just reached Chapter 4 last night. Granted I just got access to the kingdom builder and side quests/character recruiting, but here's my 2 potch no one asked for:

When someone made the remark that this game felt really similar to Suikoden, I was skeptical and had my doubts.

Looking at the kingdom builder, I honestly think a better comparison would be if Suikoden and Bravely Default had a baby. In Suikoden, you're recruiting characters to join you, and they bring their specialty and open their respective shop or ability, if any. This game takes that further by allowing you to build those shops yourself, assign the characters, and unlock stuff through research. That's the bit that's more akin to the Bravely series, and it fits so well here.

Skirmishes also have a huge Suikoden vibe with their war battles. I don't know what the main purpose of skirmishes is going to be in this game - I kind of get the vibe it'll be just side quests and such, and not really that important to the main game. I kind of hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

Taking all of that into account, this game, or at least many of the gameplaymechanics, really gives an amazing Suikoden feel. The only thing that's "missing" is the more grown up, political intrigue type of storytelling.

But... That's completely okay. This is a ni no kuni game. The main point of attraction is that it brings the Studio Ghibli feel to a videogame format. The characters and story are supposed to be on the childish side and invoke that nostalgic childhood feeling.

This isn't a Suikoden game, and it has never tried to claim to be. But it still manages to do that while keeping its own identity completely intact.

I'm done rambling now. Besides the skirmishes battles, I really hope there are some additional methods to character recruiting besides doing menial side quests. I could use some people joining just because I decided to talk to them and they fucking felt like it, dammit. (I guess the chef cat guy kinda did that?)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I'm done rambling now. Besides the skirmishes battles, I really hope there are some additional methods to character recruiting besides doing menial side quests. I could use some people joining just because I decided to talk to them and they fucking felt like it, dammit. (I guess the chef cat guy kinda did that?)
    There is... in a way? There's a guy that you do tasks for (which, to be grated, are basically fetch/kill quests) to get special currency. Then you can use this currency to buy information about people you can recruit. Then you only need to talk to them to join.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm really having a blast with Skirmish Hard modes, they are great for leveling up. Once you get a good balanced team it gets really fun. I'm flagging hard modes every time now, my team was 3 35's and a LVL 18 about an hour ago, now I'm 3 45's and a LVL. 39. I love the team I have now too.

Phorkys (Green), Tabbias(red/sword), Spio(Blue), and Yung Mein(yellow) work really well together to tear up higher level skirmishes. I'm not sure what other combinations are coming up, but I think these for will be hard to beat for my personal preferences.

EDIT: Oh, btw, Hard Mode is not a set level, it levels up with you. the fights that were LVL. 44, are now 53/54. Same skirmishes. So they are always challenging.

Nothing says lovin' like a LVL. 60 Whackerjack, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think you got the yellow and blue the other way around.

I'm sad I won't be able to play on the weekend

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What’s the best way to gear up? Just ranking up/research/crafting your own stuff?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As fun as the game is, it needs a serious overhaul to the difficulty or add a hard mode option. Most equal, and even a little higher level fights, are over in less then 10 seconds, which means red fights are the only ones that last long enough to enjoy, unless it's a Big enemy. Bosses are a bit more fun, but even they have gone down super fast. Then they offer the Tainted ones, and at least the first slime one, was ridonk on how little damage it took vs how much it dished out, and then it kept splitting, making it even worse. It's like someone realized they needed to up the ante and raised it to 11 for those fights. Maybe that's just a trait of the slimes or something, but a combo of poison and lots of magic did the trick, after several tries. I guess you can't go back and ever fight them again, either, just to try different tactics. I'm only in Chapter three though, but I hope things smooth out, because between my Purple gear, and most encounter placements, things just melt.

The game is so damn good looking though; the Japanese sand garden area, which seems to have a permanent Night sky, is just beautiful to run through.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Other tainted ones are definitely not as bad as that first slime. I think he's just supposed to scare you

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I'm only in Chapter 4 but stumbled into the dreamer's gate near Goldpaw unknowingly about ten levels too low. It was definitely the most difficult experience so far even with the trash mobs. Eked out a win.

I took out some of the tainted monsters and then tried my hand at the Slime mentioned above and threw my controller in disgust.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just went back to him when I was way overleveled lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wonder if they have any plans to add an online feature for skirmish? I think it would be pretty cool to take your team 1v1 against another real person.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Other tainted ones are definitely not as bad as that first slime. I think he's just supposed to scare you
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I just went back to him when I was way overleveled lol
    GIT GUD

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wow, that's pretty bad...

In other news, I was taking 2 points of damage from the last chapter 3 boss, after equipping the drop from the L23 Tainted mob. Was only one level higher then the boss, and even with the little damage, it was interesting to see how the fight played out. Not quite sure why I didn't see some tainted monsters in some "dungeons?" I explored before, but I've got a few to backtrack too, as I want to fight them while at the same level, as those fights are the most fun in the game right now.

Anyone understand the drop system of this game? I've already tweaked for 2 levels of rare drops, but I've noticed some oddities with it. A low level blue colored monsters dropped a weapon significantly stronger then equal or higher level monsters have dropped that they never dropped when I fought them at equal level. I've also noticed higher level monsters dropping crap their lower level counterparts dropped as well, which is basically useless gear. There's an obvious RNG element to it all, but I can't quite figure out why there is such a spread on equipment dropping. The equipment pointedly makes your party very OP.

Absolutely loved the Goldpaw city design and the sand garden area in front of it. Really looking forward to the other areas.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, there go my dreams of Evan owning a Money Bin to swim in. I just found out KG hard caps at 9,999,999.

At least I don't have to keep coming back to empty my cache as often now lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast