Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When you upgrade the building more you get another storage tier, so yeah, you're stuck with 50 for quite a while... Need to get used to that, I know it hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Oh Lord, finally punched out wins on Ziggy and Storme, and 10 new tainted monsters popped on the list, ranging from LVL 71-90... <.<;
    You're going to have fun with the 10th dreamer door boss......

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

beat the game. unlocked everything at the kingdom. have 8 of new tainted monsters left. and all I gotta do is farm floor 20+ of the dreamers maze to craft shit. Overall, I'd say the game was just alright. Not AMAZING PLAY IT NOW but just alright

I absolutely hate how the voice acting is mostly annoying as hell grunts or "FLIP! TIDY! OH MY GOODNESS!" blahblah. Dumb.
    Characters were okay.
    Music was meh
    Graphics are awesome of course
    Gameplay. Ummm... it was fine I suppose. Barely used higgledies for charging attacks or anything tbh I just stocked up on auto-healer bitches for maximum support. Like the first one and every other type of game like this, the AI is dumb as hell. Mob charging super death attack > AI PC runs "out of range" still dies cuz it's in range. Wastes MP on shooting/charging ranged attack instead of actually being useful.
    Kingdom building was neat
    Skirmish fights were a nuisance

Glad I played it but will never touch again lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone here know what level Retrial caps at? Decided to try out Longfang retrial, got him to LVL 100 so far. Rewards are meh so far, but I have high level crafted weapons, LVL 95 Longfang took some time to wittle down, I might get a couple more levels before I try LVL 100. It's been decent EXP, though. But sure how high it goes.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Someone explain spells to me.

In the skills tab it shows what the spell does. And then theres a higgledy x4 or x8 symbol below it with extra boosts. How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Someone explain spells to me.

In the skills tab it shows what the spell does. And then theres a higgledy x4 or x8 symbol below it with extra boosts. How does that work?
    Hold down the cast button during battle to start charging it. If you have the right color higgildys they will eventually run and jump into you. When you get 4/8 the spell boosts. You can see a wheel around the spell box after the first one representing how far into the charge you are and a higgildy face will appear after it’s finished.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ooh okay, thanks!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

After playing through the whole game maining as Roland, I am just now only learning how stupid overpowered Evan and spells are. Storme went from “this is stupid hard” to “holy fuck that was easy”

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah i noticed spells were OP when trying Leander. Currently just got Bracken and have been enjoying her. Roland still my fav though I think.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I may be doing something wrong.

Ch 8, level 45ish, getting wrecked by level 40+ purple mobs.

They just go and hit me for like 1200 damage and nearly one shot me. Halp.

Kingdom pretty much capped, bought and upgraded the best armor and shoes I could, did not help much...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You're just a masochist. I was level 70 by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I may be doing something wrong.

Ch 8, level 45ish, getting wrecked by level 40+ purple mobs.

They just go and hit me for like 1200 damage and nearly one shot me. Halp.

Kingdom pretty much capped, bought and upgraded the best armor and shoes I could, did not help much...
    The purple mobs are weird. Some are super easy and some will wreck you even if you're 10 levels over. So no, you're doing nothing wrong.

Also - I would highly suggest getting fireball to level 15 or something similar to that end. Charging it up with a few higgildys makes it pop for a 3-4k aoe that's just nuts.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'd say Roland is best for normal enemy fodder, due to his quick aoe attacks, followed by spells for any Tainted or red mobs, if you want to spam MP items. Bracken gets a mention for the spell that boosts range shots, when used after picking up a yellow orb, for extremely high powered gattling gun-like damage. Her healing is redonk too.

Make sure you adjust the battle tactics to do more damage and take less, from the specific mob you want to fight, as it's a significant difference.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've been using bracken since I got her. Started to wonder why shye does like 3-4x the damage Roland does. Turns out she's like 8 levels higher. -_- so right now she's 50 and Evan and Roland are 42 lol.

Was doing the dream maze quest thing, 8/9, went to do the last one and it's locked behind some shit level 52 slime that one shots me (even with capped tweak board thing adjusted) and randomly goes invincible so I can't even sandbag it to death. QQ

edit: are higgledies or w/e worth looking into? still using the ones from the start of the game, with maybe one or two tweaks. They seem worthless but maybe I'm just missing out?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I use a dark higgle aoe, wind heal, fire canon, and water ice aoe. Also, there are 10 dreamer doors, but the last is mostly for end game farming.

Once you level up the higgles they can hit like a truck and also spawn more 'ambient higgles.' The ones that cost 3 out of 10 slots give 10 higgles on the field during battle, so you can fully charge a spell. I also have some green higgle that summons the 'higgle god' that buffs you with like every buff in the game which is pretty sweet although the effect it give seems to vary sometimes.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There are also some higgledies that summon higgledy knights who’s attack ignore defense and hit like a truck too. So yeah, between the extra healing and the extra offense, they are worth investing time and thought into.

The higgledy god summon I’ve noticed does a couple things randomly. Either buffs party, does a big damage spell to enemies or debuffs enemies

I haven’t really bothered with the absorbing for boosted attacks stuff though

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I just charge the weapons to 100% and release spells that way. Worth it to knock out 1/3 to 1/2 of the life bar.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

One thing I've noticed about the slime mobs is once they go "invincible", they really aren't invincible; ranged attacks do normal damage to them, so swap to Bracken and go to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    One thing I've noticed about the slime mobs is once they go "invincible", they really aren't invincible; ranged attacks do normal damage to them, so swap to Bracken and go to town.
    Magic also works. Charge up mornstar or fireball and smack em.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast