FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Your article is about a SS1 remake with talk of potential SS3. This is an actual confirmation of SS3.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

oh my bad, there was no summary posted so I just assumed it was the same old news
    and i love telling olo to stfu

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hear about SS3- super hype.
    Hear about implementing VR for it- gdi.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Kickstarter opened for the SS remake today, along with a brief playable demo.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...5/system-shock

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Coming to PS4 as well
    Today, I am incredibly proud to announce that System Shock will be coming to PS4 around Q1 2018.

Revisiting a game that has inspired other awesome games (such as Dead Space and BioShock) requires the right team for the job, so we’ve been ramping up our team with AAA talent from projects like Planetside, Fallout, and even the original System Shock. To help produce the best content possible, we’ve brought on several members of the Fallout: New Vegas team including myself, Chris Avellone, Jessica Johnson, Kevin Manning, and Dan Rubalcaba. Chris Avellone and I worked very closely on the New Vegas DLCs, especially the award-winning Old World Blues, where we explored a variety of scifi themes in the world of Fallout. We’re bringing a lot of experience to the table and will make a System Shock game fans old and new will be sure to love.

If you’re not familiar with System Shock, here’s my take on it: Imagine you’re a hacker in the future. You’re trapped on a space station with a megalomaniacal AI bent on mankind’s destruction named SHODAN. You need to survive and defeat her, or mankind will be lost. No pressure, right? Oh, and you’ll be facing her monstrous constructs and warped mutations of humans along the way. Your tools are your wits, weapons you find, computer systems to hack, and corners you can hide in. Good luck!

SHODAN is one of my favorite AIs in fiction, and probably inspired a lot of the twisted AIs you see in games today. I love scifi and can’t get enough of it, so this project and story are right up my alley. Being able to play a hand in SHODAN’s recreation is an honor and a dream come true for me. We’re also working with the original voice actress that played SHODAN in the first two games, Terri Brosius. She’s incredibly talented and I eagerly await her calling me an “insect”!

The Kickstarter ends next week and we have more stretch goals to hit.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...coming-to-ps4/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Starbreeze to Publish System Schock 3
    Starbreeze, an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products, has signed a publishing agreement with Otherside Entertainment regarding the game System Shock 3. Starbreeze will invest $12 million to bring the game to PC and other platforms.

System Shock 3 – The latest in the series of landmark, award-winning games from Otherside Entertainment is in development under the direction of industry legend Warren Spector and a dream team behind such ground breaking games including the original System Shock & System Shock 2, as well as Thief: The Dark Project and Deus Ex.

“System Shock is one of those iconic franchises in the history of games that still gets my blood going and Mr. Spector is one of the founding fathers of the modern action RPG” said Bo Andersson-Klint, Starbreeze CEO. “We’re greatly looking forward to bringing System Shock 3 to players world wide in our collaboration with Otherside Entertainment and Warren Spector’s team. I’ll be first in line to play”.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Starbreeze for System Shock 3,” said OtherSide’s CEO Paul Neurath. They truly get games and gamers, and have been able to translate that understanding into a robust publishing business, and build thriving gaming communities around their franchises.”

Starbreeze will be able to recoup 120% of its full investment including marketing costs. Starbreeze share of revenues will become 50% after the investment is recouped. Otherside Entertainment will retain 100% of the intellectual property relating to System Shock 3.

System Shock 3 is currently in the early concept stages of development. Fans can go to the game site to receive updates as they become available.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

On Hold
    In March of 2016, Nightdive Studios released our video of our vision of System Shock Remastered. Done in Unity it was an immediate hit with almost a half million views on YouTube. In June of 2016 we launched a Kickstarter campaign to make the vision into a reality. It was tremendously successful with over 21,000 backers contributing over $1.3 million to the campaign. We put together a development team and began working on the game. But along the way something happened.

Maybe we were too successful. Maybe we lost our focus. The vision began to change. We moved from a Remaster to a completely new game. We shifted engines from Unity to Unreal, a choice that we don’t regret and one that has worked out for us. With the switch we began envisioning doing more, but straying from the core concepts of the original title.

As our concept grew and as our team changed, so did the scope of what we were doing and with that the budget for the game. As the budget grew, we began a long series of conversations with potential publishing partners. The more that we worked on the game, the more that we wanted to do, and the further we got from the original concepts that made System Shock so great.

Ultimately the responsibility for the decisions rests with me. As the CEO and founder of Nightdive Studios, a company that was built on the restoration of the System Shock franchise, I let things get out of control. I can tell you that I did it for all the right reasons, that I was totally committed to making a great game, but it has become clear to me that we took the wrong path, that we turned our backs on the very people who made this possible, our Kickstarter backers.

I have put the team on a hiatus while we reassess our path so that we can return to our vision. We are taking a break, but NOT ending the project. Please accept my personal assurance that we will be back and stronger than ever. System Shock is going to be completed and all of our promises fulfilled.

- Stephen Kick
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2115044

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Starbreeze to Publish System Shock 3
    Ha ha.. No
    Starbreeze and have mutually agreed to sell back the publishing rights to OtherSide Entertainment for “System Shock 3”. Starbreeze expects to be fully reimbursed for costs the company has had in connection with development of the game.

Starbreeze acquired the publishing rights for “System Shock 3” in 2017 and has since then partly financed the development of the game. The title owner OtherSide Entertainment and Starbreeze have now reached an agreement whereby Starbreeze returns the publishing rights for the game to OtherSide and will be able to recoup the development costs.

“I believe this is the best solution for us, although it is sad that we cannot complete the project with OtherSide. System Shock 3 is a fantastic title developed in cooperation with the industry legend Warren Spector and I am looking forward to seeing the game released”, said Mikael Nermark, acting CEO Starbreeze AB.

As previously announced, Starbreeze will focus on its core business of games development and publishing. Starbreeze holds publishing titles for “Psychonauts 2” and “Ten Crowns”.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content