Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

PC Xbox Controller Problem since Windows 10

Hello,
    i always played with me xbox 360 and later xbox one controller and had no problem (normal FFXi without any windower or other addons, window 7), i didn't play for a long time, now i have windows 10 and when i setup my input settings in the ffxi config exe everything seems to work and i can assign the buttons, but when i login and want to play the game it still uses the controller but the button have different actions, for example i set X to open the menu, now my x button ingame does something else, since i didn't play for a long time im not sure if a update broke something or if this is a windows 10 problem, does anyone else have this problem and maybe a solution? i tried the 360 and one controller (both worked fine on windows 7)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Afaik they recently implemented xinput so 360 triggers work (they never used to with first party drivers), but SE didn't properly update the button config to work with it. I'm not sure if there is an easy fix, I'm still using xbcd drivers.

Campaign
    BG Level

This used to be a problem BEFORE the december patch.
    Everything has been fixed after the last patch, if it hasn't for you please do a check files from POL.
    The steps to change settings is:

1) Go to FFXI pad config
    2) Select the default profile "E"
    3) From there onwards proceed to furtherly change the layout of your buttons (if you need so) and don't change anything else
    4) Save and login to FFXI

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tried this out after the patch. In FFXIConfig with the wireless 360 controller everything tests out fine and all the buttons respond properly but when I load up the game the controller doesn't respond at all. Not sure if it's an issue on my end but I guess in the meantime I'll just switch back to the third party drivers.

Campaign
    BG Level

We all had the issue you're talking about before this patch. If this patch didn't fix this issue for you like it did for all of us it probably means some of the files you're using didn't get updated, which is why I was suggesting you to do a "Check Files" option.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Im downloading the patch right now, i will test it again later, thank you

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    We all had the issue you're talking about before this patch. If this patch didn't fix this issue for you like it did for all of us it probably means some of the files you're using didn't get updated, which is why I was suggesting you to do a "Check Files" option.
    Is there a "check files" for FFXI? I could have sworn there was but the only option I can see is for playonline specifically.

EDIT: Nevermind I found out how to do it. I'll check em when I get home tonight.

UPDATE: Yep that fixed it. My controller works perfectly now. Thank you so much.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Sorry for necro.

I'm trying to get ffxi to work with my wired xbox controller and I can't get it to. I recently reinstalled ffxi, so I have all current files, etc., and even did file check to no avail. I'd like to have full functionality (including triggers obviously), and when I enable the Xinput option (config 'E'), my triggers are unresponsive, and the buttons are terribly fixed up.