1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima Weapon Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Did 2 dragons got 2 ores yesterday. Two archaeoskins, 1/2 for ores. Pretty small sample size so far but pretty lucky so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Wyvernskins are guaranteed shells (not 100%, but its always a shell if one drops), are dragonskins just the same but with Ore maybe?
    GTFO, they arent 100% Ive done close to 30 wyverns now and still havent seen shit off them.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    GTFO, they arent 100% Ive done close to 30 wyverns now and still havent seen shit off them.
    Among 9 other people, only 1 Shell from 39 Wyvernskin maps. Drop rates definitely seem extremely low on Shells as compared to Ores (i'm possibly an outlier on my Ore rate, but even the least lucky of these other people have 5 from Dragonskins over 25 maps).

If you want to engage in some conspiracy theorizing, it can't be a mere coincidence that Shells are also obtainable via A2, which is absolutely terribly long.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Among 9 other people, only 1 Shell from 39 Wyvernskin maps. Drop rates definitely seem extremely low on Shells as compared to Ores (i'm possibly an outlier on my Ore rate, but even the least lucky of these other people have 5 from Dragonskins over 25 maps).
    Yeah I havent had a single drop, Lol Im done with bones and around 70% with seeds, ores are at 20%ish and shells at 50% ish lol but cant get a single drop off wyverns.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'll stop doing wyvern and go back to dragonskin. while I would prefer to do A3 over A2, both are meh and at least dragonskin seems like a much better drop rate

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haven't played in months, thought I might come back with new Relic quest...it's a shame the devs aren't more creative.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Literally said they're not 100%, learn to read maybe?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It's a little awkwardly worded but he said wyvernskins always drop shells (when they drop an item, they do not drop an item every time)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    It's a little awkwardly worded but he said wyvernskins always drop shells (when they drop an item, they do not drop an item every time)
    Yeah noticed that after my post. Still salty I havent seen shit off them Lol shittiest RNG ever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

15 unidentified shells and 3 bones in one day, it's exhausting D:

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Wyvernskins are guaranteed shells (not 100%, but its always a shell if one drops), are dragonskins just the same but with Ore maybe?
    This is bullshit, I've gotten ore from wyvernskin.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did my first archeonshin map and got an Ore.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

After some reassesment, the grind don't seem that bad for the 80 items we need, providing that I'm not absolutely after it as priority, it seems doable if I am not too lazy to grind the dailies each day and do some roulettes for the tomes, supplement it with some maps and alex runs.

I'm gonna be a loser and go with PLD though. I still enjoy the notion/immersion as PLD...

Sorry if any of you are stuck with me on Phase 2 dungeon runs lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i actually think the anima weapon progression paths are very generous and with so many options to choose you never have to really grind too much of something and can pick your poison.. so to speak.

I like Treasure hunts and so far have gone 2/5 on Dragons.. both are Ores. I've been selling my Archaeos because 1 of those sold buys me 2 Ores, but if they drop different things (at the same rate?) I'll have to reconsider that strategy. Farming Dragonskin maps is quite viable if you do get the Thavnairan silk. It pays for itself.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Is there any minimum ilevel to start the quest? Seems you can get an i200 weapon pretty easily. I haven't played in ages and I'm still i145 but I want to catch up. Now might be the time.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just finish MSQ and you're good to go.

Good for you too because it gives you an ilvl170 weapon after the atma grind or after you trade in your Zeta weapon.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i actually think the anima weapon progression paths are very generous and with so many options to choose you never have to really grind too much of something and can pick your poison.. so to speak.

I like Treasure hunts and so far have gone 2/5 on Dragons.. both are Ores. I've been selling my Archaeos because 1 of those sold buys me 2 Ores, but if they drop different things (at the same rate?) I'll have to reconsider that strategy. Farming Dragonskin maps is quite viable if you do get the Thavnairan silk. It pays for itself.
    The main issue people have is the fact this Relic quest was delayed and should have been added with HW release when we were all rocking Law gear i170-180 if it was going to be what it currently is, because while this grind is progress monitoring friendly (unless you do the fate) it is still alot of work to do until next update where there is a big risk for the weapon to be a little bit nullified.

I personaly like the crafting idea, it kind of remind me of when I got my Ragnarok in XI, we had to trade different items and weapons by Stage 4 if I remember correctly, and what they did here feel close to that (at least to me.)

Black Belt
    BG Level

i love doing Lv 50 roulette on BLM, that is all.

Which maps are durable with two people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk