1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima Weapon Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Which maps are durable with two people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Assuming you meant 'doable', you can duo all Dragonskin maps just fine with a tank and a healer, and they're the hardest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I always go SMN/SCH, some have a lil more damage but all easy enough.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    I always go SMN/SCH, some have a lil more damage but all easy enough.

SMN+SCH? Or solo on SMN?

I tried one Solo on PLD, big mistake. Clemency kept me alive but the adds were too many and I eventually got overwhelmed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    PLD
    Well there was your first mistake.

But really you can duo them with any combo of healer + tank. Dragonskins can still put out a lot of damage depending on which one you get. My group usually does tank+heal+dps trio because that's who's usually on and we never have problems.

Wyvern and Archaeo are laughable solo on any job.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

healer/tank can duo anything short of 8-man content.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    healer/tank can duo anything short of 8-man content.
    The only one we have trouble with as 190 WHM + 190 WAR is the vanu dragon skin map. Just way too many enemies to kill and not enough mp for the whm :\

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Which maps are durable with two people?

all of them

Doable I meant, my bad!
    Yup, I think I can look for trio party and not being exhaust to run 8 maps each rounds for 8 people.
    Sounds good and reasonable to do, for glamour gears' mats and possible drop of the odd 80 unidentifiable items
    Thanks!!

Doable I meant, my bad!
    Yup, I think I can look for trio party and not being exhaust to run 8 maps each rounds for 8 people.
    Sounds good and reasonable to do, for glamour gears' mats and possible drop of the odd 80 unidentifiable items
    Thanks!!

Just be aware they can need on the item. So let them know before you do it in case they think it's a drop each and need by mistake.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    The only one we have trouble with as 190 WHM + 190 WAR is the vanu dragon skin map. Just way too many enemies to kill and not enough mp for the whm :\
    back in the i170-180 days would time out on that as PLD SCH, not enough DPS. now everything is easy i190+ with WAR instead of PLD.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    back in the i170-180 days would time out on that as PLD SCH, not enough DPS. now everything is easy i190+ with WAR instead of PLD.
    never timed out in 170-180 gear as SMN and SCH. Titan is a great tank for all that stuff so long as your on your on the ball for healing since titan takes a mega shit ton of dmg

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

best way to do it is:

grind T1 and T4 use 3 beastman for whichever, also allied seals
    buy ores with all laws and kobold daily
    buy shells with all poetics and do your vanu + sahagin daily

will get you around 20/10/20/20 and then you finish up shells with map

also for maps, here is a breakdown for shells:
    with travelling time + purchase etc, if you can go 1/10 on maps for a shell, you stand to save about 20-25 mins compared to doing 10 turn 2s
    drawback is you pay gils, and this depends on server's economy

so map is not really that awesome, but if RNG smile at you, you r in luck

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Damien Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It really hurts because I never got the fish or lizard men beast tribes to rank 3; really wish I had done it now. I don't understand the logic of using pre-expansion beast quest for an expansion weapon. Personally I am still on the Atma 3.0 phase but I have about a week away from the game; so odds are I will bite the bullet and work on it at my own pace when I return home.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i feel you bro i didnt do kobold and sahagin to R3... they were 2.5 before i say fuck it

and now its chewing me bac... and guess what its the T2 and T3 items >.> FML

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DamienSG View Post
    I don't understand the logic of using pre-expansion beast quest for an expansion weapon.
    the entire quest is designed to reinvigorate the world. there hasn't been this many people in 2.0 zones since 3.0 launched.

the only thing that doesn't make sense is why they hate PvP so much. so many different options and not one has to do with PvP.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    the entire quest is designed to reinvigorate the world. there hasn't been this many people in 2.0 zones since 3.0 launched.

the only thing that doesn't make sense is why they hate PvP so much. so many different options and not one has to do with PvP.
    I know Yoshi loves PvP, but I know full well A LOT of people would not like to be forced into PvP (especially if it turns out to be anywhere near efficient.)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

PvP would have been nice.

So would a daily quest like the Alexander maps. They could have made this stage much more casual friendly but still require a long term commitment.

Most of the weapons aren't even BiS.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I know Yoshi loves PvP, but I know full well A LOT of people would not like to be forced into PvP (especially if it turns out to be anywhere near efficient.)
    so if it's "near" efficient people are forced to PvP? it doesn't even actually have to be the most efficient?

i don't PvP at all but i don't mind it being one of the half dozen options that we have right now. is it really that hard to math out how make it semi-useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    PvP would have been nice.

So would a daily quest like the Alexander maps. They could have made this stage much more casual friendly but still require a long term commitment.

Most of the weapons aren't even BiS.
    The issue was trying to incentive ARR beast tribes well still giving vanu something as well, which was dumb. They had to put the tokens for ARR tribes on the level 48 quests because if they were on each level there'd be no reason to use the Vanu tokens. The beast tribes are your equivalent to Alexandrite maps. You get 12/13th of a token every day with them, but the problem is that if you don't have ever rep maxed you get fucked hard. It was a big oversight and leaves people who don't have those tribes higher no recourse.

PVP I don't know, I think it's the same issue with GC seals, the points are so easy to earn it would have to be a huge amount of them to make it comparable to the rest of the grind, which probably would just turn people off/give them something to bitch about. I think they should have dumped them on A3S and A4S so the people who have passed that hurdle had a slightly easier grind as well. That's about it for me though, it seems like everyone on reddit is using a bunch of crypto-casualism to call for a nerf.

edit: Probably the best thing to do would have made Vanu the treasure map equivalent, where you get 3 tokens and each 3 tokens can buy anything outright. Wouldn't have even fucked with times that much

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm sure the people who pvp regularly would love an influx of thousands of retards who don't know the first thing about it on their teams.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast