1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima Weapon Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I actually think people are grinding with Fractal instead. I noticed that I'm getting it for lv60 roulette way more often than Neverreap lately.

Lucky ass. I still get neverreap 90% of my lvl60 roulette.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Been noticing way more Fractal runs myself lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Lucky ass. I still get neverreap 90% of my lvl60 roulette.
    Same here... with tanks that go afk after first pull as well

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wish I could use my soldiery for items, I've been sitting at 2000/2000 for like forever...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Confused... Tablecloth math puts alex farm way ahead of fractal. You can easily do 2-3 alex runs in the time it takes to complete fractal (except maybe A2). 5 fractals is not enough to buy an item, whereas 10 alex runs is (this is assuming the 2:1 ratio of alex:fractal). This isn't even counting the extra 200 law you gain from doing 10 alex runs...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I wish I could use my poetics for items, I've been sitting at 2000/2000 for like forever...
    You can use em for 2 of the items afink. Think law has 2 types of items and poetics has the other 2. Also fixed it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    You can use em for 2 of the items afink. Think law has 2 types of items and poetics has the other 2. Also fixed it for you!
    Fixed what? Maybe he literally meant soldiery and not poetics.

You can trade 2000 soldiery tomes for like 500 poes. Not great, but not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Confused... Tablecloth math puts alex farm way ahead of fractal. You can easily do 2-3 alex runs in the time it takes to complete fractal (except maybe A2). 5 fractals is not enough to buy an item, whereas 10 alex runs is (this is assuming the 2:1 ratio of alex:fractal). This isn't even counting the extra 200 law you gain from doing 10 alex runs...
    Unless you really feel the need to grind, sure. I just run trial/50/60/expert roulette every day.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually was talking about soldiery, it didn't need a fiix. <.<;

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Unless you really feel the need to grind, sure. I just run trial/50/60/expert roulette every day.
    This is pretty much what I do, with leveling roulette as well, only 6 items away from full 80/80

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Being told that these won't be upgraded until 3.3 completely ruined my drive to push on this at all. I've been doing trial and beast dailies and figure I've got 6 more months before I can really make use of it at all, and I'd rather be spending my time playing other games lately.

It feels wrong, somehow. I'm pretty casual and went hard on the original relic line, but this one just feels like busywork. The skinner box broke.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm kinda passively collecting the bones, shells, etc and it's not too bad so far since I'm not trying to crank it out asap. Problem is that I've gotten so used to not doing my poetics dungeons that it's a real grind for me to get any. Been helping FC members with things like clears to have some income.

I already know that it's going to be a Nothung since I always keep my Drk way more geared than my Whm, since healing jobs can get by on a bit worse gear than tanks. Currently i191 Whm and i203 Drk.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, i've got no reason to rush mine. Levelling my beast tribes up because I know SE will include them in future content

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'll be finished with my unidentified in 4 more days, but I'm actually contemplating on waiting some more, since the crafting materials are still slowly dropping in price.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Being told that these won't be upgraded until 3.3 completely ruined my drive to push on this at all. I've been doing trial and beast dailies and figure I've got 6 more months before I can really make use of it at all, and I'd rather be spending my time playing other games lately.

It feels wrong, somehow. I'm pretty casual and went hard on the original relic line, but this one just feels like busywork. The skinner box broke.
    Think its 3.25 that some stuff is due.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've been doing 3rd quest super casual, even to the point I stopped doing dailies for like a full week just b/c I didn't feel like doing them... but for some reason I got into a big urge to grind FATE's the whole time. I have 10 Awokens atm. <.<;

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Think its 3.25 that some stuff is due.
    The blurb I read said 3.25 would be adjustments at most, with real upgrades not happening until 3.3. I suspect that means poetics/law cost reduction, or less beast items required.

Still, though. If it's 3.25 it means I've got 4-5 months instead of 6-7.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    All my beast tribe tokens for Bones and Shells are going to waste since I'll have them both at 20 from Poetics and maps alone.
    Cant you just switch to Vanu quests and buy the ones you need at a slightly higher price? I thought there wouldn't be a waste in beast tribe allowances.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

What made me feel like it was worthless was Yoshi saying it wasn't going to be the best weapon, he wouldn't wanna do some of the steps involved (then why put it in the game if you don't even think it's fun?!) and making it sound like you'll be able to get an equivalent one from alex savage round 2, which everyone is suspecting will be nerfed to hell compared to round 1, so... yeah I don't feel like doing busy work for 4 months for a weapon that won't even be the best, thanks.

It started out reasonably well too.

The 2.0 relics were kind of fun, reasonable enough for me to get one on every job.
    Coil weapons were a slight upgrade(after they fixed ilevel, and added blm shield) and life was great.

3.0.. I doubt I'll have relic for a single job, much less all before it becomes obselete(33/80 lawl)... though my sch relic is better than savage or eso weapon if i bothered to do it, which makes no sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast