1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima Weapon Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I didn't really mind this relic grind. I skipped out on the atma farming by trading in my old Zeta (though I did wind up helping a friend farm over half of hers) but even that has a pretty decent drop rate that I wouldn't have cared about sitting through it. Dungeon step was easy and only took a couple of hours. Final step seems like a huge slog but if you're actively playing the game it's something you can always be chipping away at no matter what you're doing. I finished my relic 4 days ago and it flew by and didn't really feel like a grind at all. I joined a handful of A1N and A4N farm groups when I was bored and my friends were doing it but the grand majority of my items just came from poetics, law and maps. I had a ton of fun just dicking around in coil again with a bunch of friends and teaching new players the fights, maps can get pretty samey but just burning through some each day duoing with a friend has always been enjoyable to me for whatever reason. I probably wound up doing around 100~150 a1 and a4 combined which in hindsight sounds like a lot but it never felt like there was any pressure to do so. I'd join a group if a friend asked and knock out however many runs I felt like, if I got bored I'd just stop. I think so long as they can keep your options to actually progress varied like this I won't really mind however grindy it gets. If you're trying to rush the relic quickly it's probably going to be a struggle to sit through, but when there's a few different ways to actually feel like you're making headway on it (especially the tomestone options) it's kind of just an inevitability so long as you're not just idling in game all day. Steps like this and the old light grind are perfectly fine with me, it's when they expect me to sit around 3 hours waiting for a specific FATE to pop that I'll lose interest and not bother again.

You know you had to do the scholar anima weapon cause eventually you'll be able to add accuracy to it... ;o

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    You know you had to do the scholar anima weapon cause eventually you'll be able to add accuracy to it... ;o
    Ya, that's why its the only one I'll suffer the grind for.

Everything else, I'm fine what whatever welfare weapon primal comes along.

This game has beaten me into a casual.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm slowly working my way through but it's so boring. I'm working on the scholar weapon. I've started the WHM one just cos I seem to be playing it more and I had a second zeta to hand in. Don't plan on getting that one past 200 for now

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Tbh also unless you're raiding you don't need the best weapon and I don't raid so I don't even need a full upgraded relic for anything. There are very few incentives to get top gear in this game besides "I want a shiny thing".
    I was looking at it from purely a "just to have the experience of doing it" mindset with the intention of eventually getting one for each job I actively play. But the experience sucks and sadly, beyond that, there's not really a reason to get it.

I guess the ability to circumvent esoterics farming to get a 200 weapon is all right. The fact that it's this long since eso implementation and you still wouldn't be able to get weapons for all jobs from that is still a sticking point though.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished up mine earlier today with relatively little (daily) effort over the past few weeks.

Final totals:
    17680 Poetics
    10860 Law
    7000 Allied Seals
    52 2.0 Beastman Tokens (x4)
    18 3.0 Beastman Tokens

Activities:
    30 Alex
    83 Roulettes (EX/60/50/Trials/MSQ)
    7/85 Maps (8.24% cumulative drop rate)
    158 Hunts (35 S/123 A)
    248 Beastman Dailies

Now, to decide which other 2 I'm going to use my remaining zetas for.
    Because I hate myself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Turn em in for crystals. Take it casually and hoard beastmen tokens till a future nerf. Or grind away because you hate life and want those achievement points c:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    It started out reasonably well too.

The 2.0 relics were kind of fun, reasonable enough for me to get one on every job.
    Coil weapons were a slight upgrade(after they fixed ilevel, and added blm shield) and life was great.

3.0.. I doubt I'll have relic for a single job, much less all before it becomes obselete(33/80 lawl)... though my sch relic is better than savage or eso weapon if i bothered to do it, which makes no sense.
    i90 BLM shield and i95 weapon - Wish the shield matched it, but loved the combination!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wish I kept very accurate stats of my Anima grind. I already am started on my second because I didn't need all my beast tribe tokens to finish.

I only did 11 Alexander runs. (10 a4, 1 a3)

Bones: 2 From Allied Seals (very dumb in hindsight) , 3 From Beast tribe, 15 from Poetics
    Seeds: 6 From Maps, 3 from Beast tribe, 11 from Poetics
    Ores: 6 From Maps, 5 From Beast tribe, 9 From Law
    Seeds: 6 From Allied Seals, 4 From Beast tribe, 10 From Law

What I learned:

Do your dailies, especially lvl60, it gives 210 law. I only started doing it 3 days ago since I avoid dungeons like the plague but 210 is worth it for the 30 minutes. (Blizzard spam BLMs be damned)
    Beast tribes take 5-10 minutes, you can also get the FATE items a head of time. The FATE in South Than is not worth waiting for and ends in 30 seconds so you can't zone and run to it. Don't miss these, they add up fast and are too quick to ignore.
    Do Hunts (SSD,Guildwork and a time tracker) You can also locate your daily FATEs for Allied seals but I wouldn't recommend chasing them, just note where they are and complete if they happen to be up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like to throw in a couple of Alex runs when I have 20-30 mins to spare, or if I'm a few law short of 680. Once I hit 10 on any particular drop it feels like a freebie.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    I like to throw in a couple of Alex runs when I have 20-30 mins to spare, or if I'm a few law short of 680. Once I hit 10 on any particular drop it feels like a freebie.

I spammed maps instead. Did something like 120 for 12 drops.

They use the same locations over and over so it was very fast to buy 3 maps (2 arch, 1 wyvern) knock them out and repeat. You get around 50% of your gil back and the Tomes add up fast.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Only maps I did were dragonskins (since they only drop ores, fuck a3), made back all of my gil and then some even with letting my friend have anything that dropped to his invo when he was helping. Got a bunch of Bluebirds, couple of Paissa Minions (which were 2.5m) and every unhidden leather map that drops pays for another 6 maps or so, was kind of silly how efficient it was.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Please let me know which drugs you are taking to do these roulettes/alexnormals/whatevers. The general quality you get in any of the mentioned grind paths is dogshit. Game is officially ded.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    Please let me know which drugs you are taking to do these roulettes/alexnormals/whatevers. The general quality you get in any of the mentioned grind paths is dogshit. Game is officially ded.

Roulettes are tolerable just because of the bonuses, but I agree on Alexander its a cesspool.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Eh... A1N isn't too bad usually. Your normal DF isn't cranking out sub 5 minute runs, but they're mostly competent if you can tolerate an inexplicable wipe here and there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Roulettes are tolerable just because of the bonuses, but I agree on Alexander its a cesspool.
    I've been spamming a1n/a4n, which was ok. But doing the roulettes, I just needed one 27 minute level 60 roulette to remind me why I swore off doing them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

At least the roulettes can be done with a premade which is how I've mostly been doing them; 2-3 friends online and get them knocked out painlessly.

A4N has been tolerable in DF as in rarely a wipe so it's not completely terrible but don't go in expecting fast runs because DPS are still pretty terrible, even the ones you see with Thordan weapons. I've yet to try the other 3 in DF but I've been collecting in a way that I won't have to.

As boring as Hunts are though, it's the best way to get a relic done with the least amount of effort which is how I've gotten most of my items.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    I've been spamming a1n/a4n, which was ok. But doing the roulettes, I just needed one 27 minute level 60 roulette to remind me why I swore off doing them.

Grab a friend. Roulette with 1 other knowledgeable person makes a huge difference. 2-3 Friends and its faceroll.

Remind me to post the parse from my last lvl60 roulette and my 150dps BLM partner. Parse was like 950/150/150/0 but for 210 law I painfully finished.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

After grinding the ever-loving shit out of one of these relics with a friend a week ago, I can say it's not bad at all. She completed in about 8 days, me about 11.

Nothing at all like the FFXI struggle of getting Relic or Mythic, circa 2006~2009. That was some real shit.

---

Totally avoid A1N if you can -- I'd at best spam only A4N for seeds. Throw all of your Poetics at Ore and Law at Shells. Roulette every day with a friend if you can, and do ARR A/S Ranks whenever up (Allied Seals at Bones). If you are in need of Poetics, take out a day or two and carry new people one at a time through T1-13 (or can cycle people T1-5, or do EX roulettes). If you are in need of Law, just spam the shit out of Fractal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Grab a friend. Roulette with 1 other knowledgeable person makes a huge difference. 2-3 Friends and its faceroll.

Remind me to post the parse from my last lvl60 roulette and my 150dps BLM partner. Parse was like 950/150/150/0 but for 210 law I painfully finished.
    Oh gawd, I hate those fuckin healers. Lazy Pieces of shit wont cast a single dot and just happily spam cures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast