1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Anima Weapon Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We have a drg tho.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

then why aren't you a nin

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We have one of those :^)

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

then go play brd/mch w.e one you don't have because smn and blm are shit :^)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The mnk/caster deficiencies are vastly overblown. Until SE forces us to do speed runs for loot or you're part of the 0.02% of the playerbase that speedruns for FFlogs glory, play whatever the hell you want since if you need the party buffs/synergy to beat the current raids, you have other issues.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What exactly would bard offer over monk in a set up with no caster? Foe req for healer dps and Raiton? Is the raid damage increase from foe req in this case really so much better that you can justify saying they need to change jobs?

Talking specifically about MNK/DRG/NIN/MCH vs DRG/NIN/MCH/BRD

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    What exactly would bard offer over monk in a set up with no caster? Foe req for healer dps and Raiton? Is the raid damage increase from foe req in this case really so much better that you can justify saying they need to change jobs?

Talking specifically about MNK/DRG/NIN/MCH vs DRG/NIN/MCH/BRD
    Less crowded melee for fights where that matters? I guess.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Be good at mnk or caster and have proof to back it up then you should do fine really.
    I'm good at caster. I have proof to back it up. Took me over a month to find a group just to get weekly clears because people just want to bring a Bard/MCH.

Yeah, sure I can clear A12S, but if I want to do speed runs i'm shit out of luck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I'm good at caster. I have proof to back it up. Took me over a month to find a group just to get weekly clears because people just want to bring a Bard/MCH.

Yeah, sure I can clear A12S, but if I want to do speed runs i'm shit out of luck.
    Unless there is no brd/mch period, really don't see the set back.

Seems dumb to me to say brd > mnk/caster if people know how to play their jobs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Unless there is no brd/mch period, really don't see the set back.

Seems dumb to me to say brd > mnk/caster if people know how to play their jobs.
    https://www.fflogs.com/rankings/13#boss=37

Top 3 groups don't run a caster. 5 in the top 20 use BLM. 4 in the top 20 use SMN.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Meta is definitely DRK/WAR SCH/AST NIN/DRG MCH/BRD

Selfish based DPS: BLM,SMN,MNK have taken a back seat.

But with that said unless you are going for a sub 8min A12S, it doesn't matter. Only the best groups really benefit from MCH/BRD, it takes excellent coordination. Your average savage group will get more out of having a Caster. You also have the issue of sharing drops between both MCH/BRD.

MNK,WHM,PLD are the trash jobs right now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Meta is definitely DRK/WAR SCH/AST NIN/DRG MCH/BRD

Selfish based DPS: BLM,SMN,MNK have taken a back seat.

But with that said unless you are going for a sub 8min A12S, it doesn't matter. Only the best groups really benefit from MCH/BRD, it takes excellent coordination. Your average savage group will get more out of having a Caster. You also have the issue of sharing drops between both MCH/BRD.

MNK,WHM,PLD are the trash jobs right now.
    You're right. But remember, the most of the Savage groups that haven't cleared by now do not care about taking non meta classes. Even if they are wrong in doing that, they still adhere to the meta no matter what - even if taking a non meta class with a skilled player will over an average player on a meta class would be better for their group. Or they are just plain awful and not worth joining. Some groups would consider a caster - but they would also consider a bard or machinist too so you are still competing for spots and still preferring BRD/MCH.

I really would love to push and go for speed kills - but it was difficult enough finding a group just for weekly clears, let alone finding a group willing to take a caster for a12s speed runs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Question about the last steps of the relic, ( the one regarding the KI drops in the dungeons ) is it 100% drop rate or are we back to the bullshit of the previous ARR relic where you could do one same dungeon 60 times with nothing to show for it?

Thanks in advance.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you're talking about the i275 quest, there's no key item, you just beat the primals and get your weapon.

100% drop. Make sure you're running it as the job you're running the dungeon *and* have the weapon equipped as you exit the instance after completion

Edit: right that is the previous step

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thanks you two, I just started after almost a year break where my Nothung was left on the iLv230, Im about to start the singing cluster steps now. There seems to be a mission called "Born again Anima" which was what my question is about.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Listen to octopus then. As long as you have your weapons equipped you'll get the KI.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

OMG Did SE actually learn something? Because this similar step of ARR relic was just horrible. Thank you very much for the help