1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima Weapon Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anima Weapon Discussion

I wanted to ask a side question about Quest #3 of the Anima weapon series and figured it might be easier just to make a thread for Anima weapon questions in case other people have questions too.

I was looking over the options we had for acquiring the Unidenitified items and between the choices which do you think would be fastest to grind?

Obviously beastmen is just a casual daily thing. Just do the 4 main beastmen and save up tokens.

I noticed we also have 2 unidentified items bought with poetics and 2 bought with law. Also all 4 can be bought with a new Alexander token?

I assume the Alexander token is 100% drop you get for the win? Assuming that. What would be faster? Grinding the hell out of Alexander for tokens? Or grinding dungeons for law/poetics?

Also, assuming you did poetics grind for 2 of them, what dungeon would be fastest to kill unsynced? Keeper of the Lake? WP(Hard)? Or AK(Hard)?

New Merits
    BG Level

Alexander will be fastest, grind A1 for like 170-180 runs, A2 for same amount and A4 the same, do beast tribes everyday, 2 weeks is 3 tokens from there, and then grind A3 for rest of the time, spend your law tomes on a3 unidentified item to maximize speed, if you are more casual do roulettes everyday and spam fractal/keeper of the lake ( for possible new player bonus), doing 1 map per day probably wont hurt, and hunts if happen to do nothing else(you can buy stuff with Allied seals as well).

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

From the complaint and news thread, a guide here, seems well written:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._weapon_guide/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I don't think beastmen tribes are worth the time invested (aside Vanu if you are using them to level alt jobs). Between travel time, etc... your looking at 10-15 minutes per beastmen tribe at you need to do that for 5 days. So lets say 1:10 hours per beastribe over the course of 5 days. Also gotta factor in the +5 inventory. I mean its not as productive as Alex (by a slight amount), but dunno... for the amunt of bullshit you have to do each day Id prefer the simple roullete and Alex NM routes

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I don't think beastmen tribes are worth the time invested (aside Vanu if you are using them to level alt jobs). Between travel time, etc... your looking at 10-15 minutes per beastmen tribe at you need to do that for 5 days. So lets say 1:10 hours per beastribe over the course of 5 days. Also gotta factor in the +5 inventory. I mean its not as productive as Alex (by a slight amount), but dunno... for the amunt of bullshit you have to do each day Id prefer the simple roullete and Alex NM routes

Yup was just figuring this out.. far too annoyin to actually be worth it, beast tribes can eat a bag of dicks. Only one I may or may not do is sanus, for the xp.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This is my priority order:

Pre-made spam, either Alexander or Poetic/Law carries
    Roulette for tomes
    Hunts while waiting, focus on AAR Hunts, 30 poetics, 10 Law, 40 allied
    Beast tribe while waiting for Queue or Hunts
    DF Alex

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I don't think beastmen tribes are worth the time invested (aside Vanu if you are using them to level alt jobs).
    it's not but it has the benefit of zero commitment. definitely something i'll do waiting for Savage party to gather, between red gathering scrip windows etc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    it's not but it has the benefit of zero commitment. definitely something i'll do waiting for Savage party to gather, between red gathering scrip windows etc.

Yeah you can also Cherry pick if you want and only do the super fast ones. Its still better than nothing if you are just waiting for a Hunt/Duty.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Soooo to preserve my zeta, for replica/glamor purposes (Rather than buying it all and filling up inventory)
    I'm gonna accept the quest as PLD for now... unlock ability to get atmas

Then farm up maybe 1 or 2 sets worth, accept the quest again as WAR or something, is that possible or did I not understand how it works correctly?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Someone posted that you can still buy the old glamour items even after you consume your zeta; can't personally confirm
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Not correct so I guess they fixed - I have already traded over my zeta (SCH) and was able to buy a replica np. In fact I can buy any of em.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I havent logged on yet after the update, but how far does the zeta trade in get you through the quest line? I've been looking but no one has explicitly posted this yet.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Zeta lets you skip all atma collection (the Soul without a life quest).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Zeta lets you skip all atma collection (the Soul without a life quest).
    Yep, so it saves you just a little bit of time in the grand scheme of things if you want to get straight to the part a lot of people don't like xD

Actually wouldn't Fractal with a premade almost definitely be faster than A3 or A4, since you only need 7 clears. Unless there are some ridiculously quick clears of A3 or A4 happening. Even if, getting 4 people who can quickly do Fractal must be easier than getting 8 people who can quickly do A3 or A4.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yep, so it saves you just a little bit of time in the grand scheme of things if you want to get straight to the part a lot of people don't like xD
    It's worth noting you can still work on the ass end of it at any time, I don't think any of the drops or tokens are locked to that stage of the quest, so the Atma part could be the last thing you do if you wanted.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The 2nd stage (dungeons for the i200 Awoken weapon) cannot be started until you turn in the 2 crystals from stage 1. The 3rd phase items can be collected/crafted at any time though.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    Actually wouldn't Fractal with a premade almost definitely be faster than A3 or A4, since you only need 7 clears. Unless there are some ridiculously quick clears of A3 or A4 happening. Even if, getting 4 people who can quickly do Fractal must be easier than getting 8 people who can quickly do A3 or A4.
    Fractal is faster than A2 and A3, A4 and A1 is faster than fractal, sad part is that A2 item is poetics.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Fractal is faster than A2 and A3, A4 and A1 is faster than fractal, sad part is that A2 item is poetics.

We were doing Coil Carries last night. Extremely effective for Poetic farming. The longest fight was t13 at 6 minutes and we were far from optimized. The key is to get 2+ carries lined up, so while one is doing CSs you are carrying the other.

Also maps seem to have a very good drop rate.

I bet we seen the first Anima weapon complete later today or tomorrow. (probably a group of 4)

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Which maps drop? We did a bunch of dragon last night (6-7) and didn't get anything. Assuming solo maps or pre heavensward? Or were we just unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Which maps drop? We did a bunch of dragon last night (6-7) and didn't get anything. Assuming solo maps or pre heavensward? Or were we just unlucky?
    HW maps are supposed to all drop them. I myself did 15 dragon with 2 others, saw 4 drops. Then did around 10 wyvernskins and didnt see shit, but a friend reported to have gotten at least 1 out of every ten wyvern completed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

is it specfic which map drops which?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast