+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyven's Shoe Emporium     submit to reddit submit to twitter

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    10 is good if they were 11-12 I would buy them from you lel.

Last night I only saw 3 on /r/sneakermarket and maybe 1 or 2 on grailed but a ton on eBay. Not sure how much price will change if you try to flip now or later. Check your local craigslist and see if there are any up
    yeah I'm seeing up to $300 locally. guess I'll hold onto them for a while and use them myself if they don't get much higher

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    yeah I'm seeing up to $300 locally. guess I'll hold onto them for a while and use them myself if they don't get much higher
    It's a hell of a pair of shoes man. I'd keep them for sure. Wear them out to events where you know they won't get fucked up but where you also won't get robbed.

Be careful tho, sneaker collecting can become very infectious.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Be careful tho, sneaker collecting can become very infectious.
    Truth. I wear composite toe shoes to school monday - friday (work in an engineering lab), and non slip restaurant shoes to my other job friday - sunday. I pretty much have no time to wear the shoes I buy, but I still buy them when I get a good deal. Wish I would have gotten lucky on the Banned 1's, but no dice.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post

Waaaaaay late response but I'm trying to find a pair of these shoes. I'm seeing prices all over the place. Help me shoe people.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Waaaaaay late response but I'm trying to find a pair of these shoes. I'm seeing prices all over the place. Help me shoe people.
    those are slip-on tigers. Idk where to find the best price because i've never shopped them. A quick glance says amazon is slightly cheaper but their size selection looks kind of limited.

http://www.onitsukatiger.com/us/en-u...010255873.1110

http://www.zappos.com/onitsuka-tiger...ico-66-slip-on

http://www.zappos.com/onitsuka-tiger...ico-66-slip-on

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tell the truth, were you giddy at the thought of helping someone with their shoes?

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Yes. It came before attempting any work today at the office

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    As tyven mentioned, they're Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Slip-Ons.

They average $80. Every now and then Amazon will have a shoe/boot sale, which has dropped them as low as $60. For reliability I've gotten them from Zappos.com, since Amazon can be kind of hit/miss -- Onitsukas are prime for counterfeiting due to the simple construction/pattern.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So not exactly shoes but it's close... anyways lately for some reason the seems of socks have really been rubbing into my toes especially the ends. Have a few different kinds and they all do though not always the same foot but I'm not wearing mismatched socks lol.

So anyone know if seamless socks are a thing? Like I've looked up and seen some that say they are but clearly still have them. Or at least seams that aren't on the toe? Only things I've found that technically are were those stupid toeless ones

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So not exactly shoes but it's close... anyways lately for some reason the seems of socks have really been rubbing into my toes especially the ends. Have a few different kinds and they all do though not always the same foot but I'm not wearing mismatched socks lol.

So anyone know if seamless socks are a thing? Like I've looked up and seen some that say they are but clearly still have them. Or at least seams that aren't on the toe? Only things I've found that technically are were those stupid toeless ones
    are you looking for athletic socks or dress socks? i suggest going to a store and feeling the toes of socks. I've noticed the thicker the sock the less likely it is to have a noticeable seam.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I like thick socks. Hanes makes a nice, thick no-show. Ive never had an issue with socks seams, but they are really comfortable. Basically these, though pictures don't translate thickness well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

are you looking for athletic socks or dress socks? i suggest going to a store and feeling the toes of socks. I've noticed the thicker the sock the less likely it is to have a noticeable seam.
    Either really just needs to be solid colored and something that will withstand wearing boots for work and withstand a decent walking/running in tennis shoes. Also something that at least covers my ankles. Don't like those weird ones that don't even come up to the shoe.

Thicker actually seems worse on my left foot because seems to be helping to jam it into the side of the shoe. Which sucks because that's like all my non dress socks. Drawer just full of gold toe crew lol. Actually been going into stores to feel for seams and got some really thin socks with the tiniest of seams that have worked the best so far at least on the left foot... but they for work I got to wear boots and they are thin enough they get kind of fucked up around the ankle area in boots. Also funny thing about thin vs thick is how it makes the shoes fit my feet. Like with thick it's about right in middle a tiny bit loose in back but tight in toes. But with thin toes become better but super loose in back and tends to shoe my ankle into the shoe which starts cutting into foot circulation.

But on a bad day literally any kind of seem will push in even when not wearing shoes so just feeling for ones less noticeable is still. Weirdest thing it's mostly a problem when not walking/running a bit. Like after several minutes of solid walking it usually kind of goes away for awhile though after a couple of hours they get worse again and sitting down for even short times brings back this weird sensitivity.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I wear mostly Nike, under armor, and puma socks. Don't really notice any issue with seems.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I wear mostly Nike, under armor, and puma socks. Don't really notice any issue with seems.
    It would seem so.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Perhaps I'm not really making it clear. It's not about whether it's something some random person would notice a month or 2 ago I didn't have an issue either and some days it's not too bad but lately a lot of days my outer toes just been sensitive and get rubbed by even the tiniest softest seam so was wondering if anyone had heard of ones that had no seams on the toe area. Even a little bit back instead would be fine really. Or possibly ones that started/ended the stitch more in the middle of the toes might work since it seems mostly that nub that does it. Mostly just a temp solution as there it's worse than just that until I can get my medical situation and see a foot doc

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Why didn't I know these existed before now!?

Got a pair to wear for the winter.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hahah. Those are awesome. I was thinking about grabbing some.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I went through the last several winters without real boots and it was terrible. I was wearing my snowboarding boots to shovel snow. Helped to break them in a bit the first year when I got them, after that was just annoying. I can never find boots that I like.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It bugs me, that I'm basically running something that looks like that, but I got them at payless for $25, half a decade ago.
    They really, really need to be replaced, but even at payless I can't find any similar shoes for under $50 now.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

How'd you spend $25 if they were payless?

lol I so funny.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag