+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyven's Shoe Emporium     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

only on the one pair though! i didn't hit the lottery with matching pulltabs, the left one ist auf deutsche :(

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Tyven's Shoe Emporium

Omfg those Monclers

Idk if I can do the NMD Goretex. I head to London in a week and went jawn crazy so I can hit the gram hard this week. Don’t really want to spend anymore . Weather gonna be shit so might not even be able to wear my new coat. Fuck this gay earth. I should get some NMD goretex LOL

Also my yeezys still haven’t shipped LOL

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post

These came in, pretty cool. It's really hard to get the translucent appearance to show up though. Idk if they're worth the price but whatever.
    Looking good!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah those xenos are dope as hell! 100% worth the pickup IMO. navy/white/white with the white heel counter is a perfect combo, you did good with those

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So I was just walking around Academy looking for a quick replacement pair of sneakers for the ones my dog tore up, and picked up a pair of alphabounces.

These shoes are hella comfortable, and now they've got me curious about the Ultraboosts. I was looking at the Uncaged and was just curious who has experience with those/how comfortable they are/etc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

pretty much all the regulars in this thread have ultraboosts at this point and for good reason, they're insanely comfortable and 100% worth adding to your rotation. your first pair of UBs will be a life changing experience. now's def a good time to get some too, since every colorway isn't selling out in 2 minutes and you can actually get some nice discounts here and there!

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Excellent move on alphabounces, Moridan nailed it with UB's. This thread more or less exists thanks to UBs, the hype is real. If you can't find a sale and the price is a lil high for your liking pureboosts and NMD's are good cheaper alternatives.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

not shoe related but shoe-adjacent since it's still clothing, but denmark needs to be nuked. after three weeks, norse projects finally sends me an update on my black friday order. they just shipped my stuff, but cancelled the jacket i paid for and was definitely charged for, because it's not available at the sale price (and but is still available for order at full price). but as compensation gave me free shipping on the order, which they took 3 weeks to send out

?????

oh well, at least i get to file a partial chargeback and make this fuckup as expensive as humanly possible for them. folks i am MAD ONLINE right now

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    not shoe related but shoe-adjacent since it's still clothing, but denmark needs to be nuked. after three weeks, norse projects finally sends me an update on my black friday order. they just shipped my stuff, but cancelled the jacket i paid for and was definitely charged for, because it's not available at the sale price (and but is still available for order at full price). but as compensation gave me free shipping on the order, which they took 3 weeks to send out

?????

oh well, at least i get to file a partial chargeback and make this fuckup as expensive as humanly possible for them. folks i am MAD ONLINE right now
    wow they didn't refund the jacket themselves? man being a hypebeast is such a struggle. fuck this jawn game

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

you are right about the jawn game, it is nothing but suffering.

yeah i definitely got charged for the full order. not worried about the money since i'll get it back one way or another, but man i really wanted that coat!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

If ya'll want the freshest gear start investing in Los Ingobernables De Japon and become the most tranquilo in the room!

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I classify shoes as comfortable based on one (and only one) of two criteria: cushy, or lightweight. I define lightweight as not only... lightweight, but also minimal "shoe" feel on the foot. My personal favorite example of this are the now discontinued Nike Free 3.0 V2s that are my daily use shoes.

Ultraboosts are the perfect example of a cushy shoe. Not very many sneakers I have ever worn literally feel like stepping on a cushion every step you take, but with UBs you feel (and hear) the boost working. It's a very different, and very comfortable experience. As someone who lounges barefoot all the time though, typically for long periods I prefer shoes like the Frees because you can just straight up forget you have shoes on with those things. Some of the original designs are dope too.

edit: example of Free 3.0 trainers. Highly recommend to find a used pair on Ebay if you want. Under $30 usually.

Spoiler: show

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speaking of Nike Free, I was swinging by Marshalls over the weekend and they had some Flyknit 4.0s for 40 bucks. I'm all about that budget goodness for a beater.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They came today. Fit great, a little snug which is good as they'll last. Spoilerd for absolutely massive camera phone photo table breaking madness.

Spoiler: show

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Ugly sweater party for work is Wednesday night too, got a tree rex sweater and knit hat. Wifes brother wants us all to wear white for Christmas, too bad these are my only white shoes.

Also I can't remember the last time I owned a pair of sb's, and never highs, insanely comfortable. Thanks fam, need more sb's when not boosting. AF1's getting retired as everyday NJ weather shoe.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Hate hate hate hate hate.

I love the knit, though.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Tyven how much...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh man those are sweet. i regret not copping those now!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Y'all convinced me. Ordered a pair of ub uncageds and they shipped today, delivery scheduled for Saturday. Am excite.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Hell yea fam

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag