+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

She was a toddler when Ren was a teenager/young adult and betrayed Luke. After Ren does the deed, Rey is taken to Jakku where she'll be safe.

Until, the awakening...*ominous noise*

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    I think if it happens or was referenced in the Clone Wars show, it is canon as well.
    Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Entire EU prior to the Disney purchase is dead and gone at this point I believe. Except for specific things picked out for use in the movies (like the name Coruscant).
    The storylines are done away with, not plot devices.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just realized Ahsoka would be 70 years old at this point. She was 4 during TPM, 14 at the start Clone Wars, and the TFA is 66 years after the TPM. It's a shame we probably won't see her in it and I doub't we'll see any of the cast from Rebels either. If that is the case, why does Disney insist on keeping close relevance of the new trilogy to the Rebels, other than 1) marketing ploy to get people watching the show and, 2) plot devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    She was a toddler when Ren was a teenager/young adult and betrayed Luke. After Ren does the deed, Rey is taken to Jakku where she'll be safe.
    Makes sense, but why Leia wouldn't know about Rey, at all?
    Also, baby Luke was left / hidden with relatives - Rey is left with no support or help.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh, no one is saying Luke deserves best dad award. He is trying to bring back the Jedi, mom needed to step up a bit.

Leia might not know because she wasn't around. Ben was "shipped off" for Jedi training, and Rey was just a toddler when this all went down. If they're on some secluded planet with no WiFi, I can let it pass that Luke could have a child and his sister not knowing is possible.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Han and Leia definitely acted like they knew who Rey was and just didn't say anything to her.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm sure they're reminded of Luke when they see her; the amateur pilot with amazing talent, the feeling they had when they returned to mother base and every one was celebrating but Leia and Rey were all sads. It's stuff that reminds them of Luke; it sure as hell reminded me of him at least.

At the very least, the chick is his grand daughter or something. Unless she's just some totally orphaned girl he saved and raised as his own, but whatever. Luke is all over that chick.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Agreed, Han definitely had moment of realization about who Rey is. Here's a crazy idea. could it be that Rey was somehow responsible for Ben turning to the Dark Side and they had to take her away from all the Force sensitives cause she was SO strong, that it was twisting everyone up without them realizing it even realizing it. Luke had to make a choice. Which would also explain why she was abandoned. That would explain her untrained, strong connection to the Force in this movie.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Just realized Ahsoka would be 70 years old at this point. She was 4 during TPM, 14 at the start Clone Wars, and the TFA is 66 years after the TPM. It's a shame we probably won't see her in it and I doub't we'll see any of the cast from Rebels either. If that is the case, why does Disney insist on keeping close relevance of the new trilogy to the Rebels, other than 1) marketing ploy to get people watching the show and, 2) plot devices.
    Hold up. Ive never done this math before. Ahsoka is only 5 years younger than Anakin and he got to train her? OT Vader was only 40? Solo is only 10 years younger than Vader?

Just realized too that Kylo isn't "Darth" so yeah, he's still a newbie.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Haven't seen it, don't mind spoilers, but is this close to what the plot is?

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I didn't read every post, but:

1. Snoke is Plagueis. The official score was out last night and Snoke's theme ends with the exact same score from Episode 3 when Palpatine is talking to Anakin about Plagueis.

2. Rey and BB-8 stole the show. A hot jedi? Done.

3. Someone explain how R2 randomly wokeup at the right time? Rey's force presence? That was my only complaint from an otherwise FANTASTIC movie.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There's no overt indication that Snoke is even Sith, so it's entirely possible Ren will never be formally a Darth anyway.

It sounds to me like these guys are just piggybacking on limited knowledge of the dark side.

That said, I did think Plagueis too, and would not be surprised.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Someone explain how R2 randomly wokeup at the right time? Rey's force presence? That was my only complaint from an otherwise FANTASTIC movie.
    Like alot of the stuff that happened in this movie I just took it as random coincidence/the force moves in mysterious ways.

Hirronimus also offered a decent thought on it a few posts up

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Now the scene with Luke and R2D2. I think he was recording a directive, which is what caused R2 to become dormant. He also placed the coordinates in him for the 2nd part of the map, with instructions for it to be revealed at specific time and place. I don't know if it was necessary for that quick shot of Luke/R2 to be shown in the vision, because it's not like droids can sense force sensitive people and when he did reactivate, it was right after Starkiller blew up, so it's kinda vague situation for him to reactivate. Could be just plot convenience.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    3. Someone explain how R2 randomly wokeup at the right time? Rey's force presence? That was my only complaint from an otherwise FANTASTIC movie.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think it's pretty simple actually. It was mentioned that R2 deactivated until Luke came back. If Rey is Luke's daughter, then she would have a vital sign similar enough to Luke for R2 to reactivate. She had never set foot in that building prior to that scene.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Hold up. Ive never done this math before. Ahsoka is only 5 years younger than Anakin and he got to train her? OT Vader was only 40? Solo is only 10 years younger than Vader?
    She is 14 years old when Yoda assigns her to Anakin during his mission on Christophsis. He is at, this point, a newly promoted Jedi Knight. The mission takes place directly after the events of the Attack of The Clones. If we follow the official timeline of canon material. The AOTC happens 10 years after TMP. Anakin is 19 years during Ep. 2. Christophisis happens less than a year after the end of ATOC. So yes, Ahsoka is only 5 years younger than Anakin. You have to remember, noone ever, in the history of Jedi has risen in rank as fast as Anakin has. Which would make sense why Yoda gave him padawan to him balanced and in check. Responsibility, etc etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Like I said in the other thread

I didn't like it much then I expected, maybe I had too much hype, Finn and Kylo Ren, hated both of them, Kylo feels so weak I know snoke said he would finish his training, but damn I hate 'evil people with daddy issues'
    Also people kept laughing at almost anything, felt like i was watching a comedy, pacing was slow and blah, I know it's the first movie so i'm hoping VIII and IX will be better for me.

Also the lightsaber battle felt like I was watching amateurs

Don't get me wrong movie was good but I feel like it's getting more credit then it deserve
    That is why I like to watch movies with just me and a few friends I find movie audiences to be annoying...

Also agree with the hype was going to set people up for a let down.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Planet system that was destroyed.. Coruscant? I don't remember them mentioning the planet by name

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast