+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

STAR WARS SPOILER THREAD (STAY THE FUCK OUT IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT)

Just saw it, random thoughts:

-I liked it a lot. I thought the light saber battles were fantastic.
    -the chemistry between the characters is great.
    -BB-8 is just adorable and the thumb up gave everyone a huge laugh in theater.
    -Captain Phasma.... what was her point in the movie?
    -Poe didn't get enough screen time, great potential and charisma there.
    -This was basically a New Hope with new code of paint.
    -I rolled my eye's when I heard that this death star is worse because it was bigger.
    -Kylo Renn was not what I expected.
    -Rey is really fucking cool but
    Spoiler: show

having connection with the Force right away and being to toe and toe with Kylo Renn with no Jedi training was stupid.

-I was not a fan of any of the CGI characters, very distracting.
    -Deus ex machina R2D2.
    -Han Solo

I don't know how they will redeem Kylo Renn "Ben Solo" after killing his father but we got two more movies to go.

-Snoke was great with the little screen time we got.
    -Finn and Rey

the romantic interest between them moved way to fast even if it was only Finn side.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

STAR WARS SPOILER THREAD (STAY THE FUCK OUT IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT)

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

WORDS TO PUSH THE FIRST FEW SENTENCES OUT OF AUTOLOAD ON MOBILE SERIOUSLY SEE THE MOVIE FIRST

Who is Rey? Is she Lukes kid? Did she use Battle Meditation in the middle of a fucking fight?

Is Snoke secretly two feet tall and another member of Yoda's race?

When did one of the Weasleys turn into alpha Hitler?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Like I said in the other thread

I didn't like it much then I expected, maybe I had too much hype, Finn and Kylo Ren, hated both of them, Kylo feels so weak I know snoke said he would finish his training, but damn I hate 'evil people with daddy issues'
    Also people kept laughing at almost anything, felt like i was watching a comedy, pacing was slow and blah, I know it's the first movie so i'm hoping VIII and IX will be better for me.

Also the lightsaber battle felt like I was watching amateurs

Don't get me wrong movie was good but I feel like it's getting more credit then it deserve

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It felt like a CW episode at times. Granted, they need to appeal to younger audiences, but c'mon.

People that say it had elements from Ep.IV, are partially right. There were direct copies from all three original films. Rey leaving to find Luke = Lando leaving to set up Han's rescue. Approach runs at the "Death Star" were pretty much same thing as Ep. IV final fight, with a mixture of Lando piloting Falcon into the the core of 2nd Death Star. There's alot more. In all fairness, I didn't expect much from JJ Abrams. The guy copies everything, then shuffles things around to make it look new.

I don't know, personally I left with a feeling of "what did I just watch?" Many others in the theater were left stumped too.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm waiting for RLM crew to tear this to pieces.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There was definitely a lot of Disney humor forced in, but i'm less perturbed about that, and more questioning how they treated the new force sensitive characters - they seem very forced and just sort of out of no where. I've seen a lot of rebuttal on this in the SW Reddit page though, so we'll see how they take in in the next movie.. One of them being, yes, she used her telepathy to get in to Luke's mind to transfer some of his knowledge in to her.

The light saber battle was supposed to be amateur. Kylo probably had very little training, Finn had none, and Rey was able to gain some from visions. The battle was very reminiscent of how the original trilogy fights were - less flash, and more death blows. I thought they did a good job with it, but at the same time surprised that Finn lasted that long.

There were very few times the movie felt "Star Warsy", but I have to remember that the point of the original trilogy was meant to be Star Warsy, and nothing else can take it's place.. but I just wish there was more force stuff.

Overall I liked the movie, I wish there was more.. substance, or something, but I liked it.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Having to disconnect from everything I've read over the years in the EU was difficult, but there was still a good amount of material pulled from it. The movie did spend an excessive amount of time putting nods to the older movies, but assuming that's not something that happens in every other movie I'm ok with it. My biggest worry with the movie came true, that it would feel more like a JJ Abrams movie then a Star Wars movie. I still enjoyed the hell out of it, don't get me wrong.

And now that there's enough text so people on tapatalk won't see it...

I'm 90% positive Rey is Luke's daughter. The early trailer with Luke speaking heavily implied as much.

Like Seph is saying, the lightsaber battle being amatuerish was by design. Kylo Ren was already injured, and Finn and Rey have no idea what to do with a lightsaber.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Injured is putting it lightly. The dude was perforated by Chewie's blaster. They've foreshadowed how powerful that thing twice before that scene on the bridge. Even Han said he likes it. So in a way, Han wanted to murder his son from get go.

I'll agree on Rey being Luke's daughter because of how strong the visions were when she touched the lightsaber. I forget were from, but it was implied many times, that any object previously owned by a Force user leaves a residue that can be manifested via visions or callings.

BG Level

I guess you are right there, but was still expecting more for a 'final fight'

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im hoping that 7 will just be a jumping pad to get the next installments really going on their own. I hope this movie does well with the public, SW can't take another hard blow, it's for the benefit of us all that this is received positively.

As for the Star Killer.. i'm indifferent. it was a bad plot device just like the first death star, and same with the second death star. They were all pointless evils of gigantic doom that were simplistically destroyed, it is what it is, a plot device. Let's hope there's not another planet sized evil moon destroying base ever again.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This movie is gonna make a shit ton of money, I wouldn't worry about that.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I realize I may come off a bit negative in my opinion, but that's partly due to the fact when the title block rolled out, it hit me "I can't believe I am watching NEW Star Wars". When the shock subsided, it was a bit underwhelming at times. Not to say it was a crappy movie, but it didn't grab me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Im hoping that 7 will just be a jumping pad to get the next installments really going on their own. I hope this movie does well with the public, SW can't take another hard blow, it's for the benefit of us all that this is received positively.
    It's doing extremely well on RT right now. Personally I loved it, although it sucks we won't be seeing Han again. That scene was fairly predictable, particularly when you consider the fact that they needed to phase Ford out.

BG Level

Also I guess I got seduced by the trailer, when ren spoke to Vader mask, I was hoping for some big villain.

Then when I saw him getting emo like 2 or 3 times, the hype dropped.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The emo was a given a mile away, Im pretty sure everyone expected him to be a whiny bitch this episode.. now how he goes from here.. hopefully he will be bad ass.

Also, I thought they were doing a movie, or shoehorning in, more solo/ford in other movies?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I mean Ford's old Solo, which I liked a lot. They are planning a Solo backstory movie, yes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I loved it personally. People do need to remember though that this movie was designed to introduce the new cast of characters while also bringing back the characters we haven't seen in 30 years and giving us a quick rundown on what has happened to them. Episode 8 won't have to worry about any of that except for in the case of Luke maybe.

I'm also convinced that Rey is Luke's daughter but that Luke probably doesn't even know he has a daughter yet. The lightsaber scene towards the end sold it for me completely. Though she did seem to have quite a familiarity with Leia considering they had apparently only just met for the first time when they returned to the base. Curious as to what happened to all the other Jedi looked was training before he disappeared. Han said he began training people and made it sound like more than just Ben. Hopefully it becomes something they explore further in the EU or next movie. And was that Tython he disappeared to? Was the original home of the Jedi in the EU and does somewhat match the appearance usually given to the planet.

Snoke in my opinion is definitely going to turn out to be Plagueis. He definitely had the appearance of a Muun which Plagueis was. Had some severe battle wounds going on his head probably suffered at the hands of Palpatine when he thought he finished off his former master in the past. Curious where things go with Hux and Ren for episode 8 with them now. Perhaps Phasma also if anyone ever fished her out of the trash compactor. Hux was a bit underused also. Would be nice to see him do something other than bark orders but he clearly had no problems getting right into Ren's face when he felt the need to. Kind of a Tarkin/Vader vibe between the two of them just a bit less cordial than they were.

Enjoyed Rey as a character more than Finn but he has time to grow into it. He's basically a very skilled child soldier for the most part for most of the movie as he didn't have much of a life outside of the First Order obviously so he's probably experiencing quite a few things for the first time. Poe was good for the limited amount of screen time he got. Hopefully that increases for the next episode. And I want a BB-8 of my own even more now. C-3PO interrupting Han and Leia's reunion was perfect C-3PO timing by the way also.

Do agree that Starkiller base was whatever really. They needed something so it was there.

And kind of surprised that Chewie survived. Knowing Peter Mayhew isn't in the best of physical condition these days I expected he might die before anyone else and then when he went berserk after Ben killed Han on the bridge I really expected him not to survive. Seems he really only did because they needed him there to rescue Rey and Finn after the lightsaber battle. And that battle while not as flashy as the past ones was a damn good fight I thought. The wound obviously slowed Ben down a lot but even without it I doubt he had to much lightsaber training in the past against actual force user opponents.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    The emo was a given a mile away, Im pretty sure everyone expected him to be a whiny bitch this episode.. now how he goes from here.. hopefully he will be bad ass.

Also, I thought they were doing a movie, or shoehorning in, more solo/ford in other movies?
    Another Solo movie but young Solo so Ford has already said he won't be part of it. At the most they maybe talk him into a cameo appearance of sitting in a cantina and telling a story of his past to someone but unlikely.

And Ren was definitely based off Jacen Solo despite name change. Jacen too was a whiny little brat once he got older until he went full on evil.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Chewie going HAM was fantastic.

Also, I want to think that Rey is Luke's daughter, but hasn't been implied that a Jedi Knight isn't supposed to fall in love (and I assume bear children). That was kind of the problem with Anakin and Padme.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast