1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah I really hate how non-animated a lot of the mount riding is, it always bothered me. The stiff Miqote tails are the worst.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Last I checked, only animations you get on a mount is your static idle pose, and transition to your static in-motion pose.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Yeah I really hate how non-animated a lot of the mount riding is, it always bothered me. The stiff Miqote tails are the worst.
    It's especially jarring if you take a break and go play another game that has far more animated riding. For the side-saddling example, TERA's is beautifully done and very smooth looking, rather than just jarring and barely animated.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

From the official thread
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3494811

We've been receiving a lot of feedback, and we understand that the game balance has been disturbed as of Patch 3.15. Due to this, we will be revamping the overall balance in Patch 3.2

Regarding Alexander: Gordias (Savage)

This raid is currently the hardest content in FFXIV, and it is the top of the item hierarchy. Since this is relevant to the future, I’ll start off by talking about this first.

We implemented the more difficult Savage mode in addition to normal mode to answer the requests we received globally for more difficulty content.

However, we received comments stating that it was too difficult, and we've been reflecting on this--especially the aspect where the DPS check was too severe.
    It has been difficult to find members that have the motivation to clear this content on the same World, and players have even took to transferring Worlds in order to beat it, which makes me feel that we overdid it.
    Additionally, for the people that feel it’s too difficult to even attempt to challenge Savage, it’s essentially the same as if this content never existed.

Alexander: Midas will debut in Patch 3.2, but compared to the current Alexander: Gordias, we have eased the difficulty in the Savage mode.
    As an image the difficulty is something in between Second Coil of Bahamut and Final Coil of Bahamut.

There are three paths for obtaining equipment in FFXIV:
    Obtaining items via difficult raids.
    Obtaining equipment by earning tokens over time.
    Spending a long period of time (such as Anima weapons)
    Regardless of the path you choose, you will be able to reach the top of the item level hierarchy.

However, due to the fact the reward for completing The Burden of the Father (Savage) was low, and in order to maintain it’s value, it affected item levels of other equipment which can be obtained
    from other content.

In Alexander: Midas, we're thinking of setting the value higher for the items earned when completing it, especially compared to that which can be obtained from other content.
    Also, by lowering the difficulty of the more difficult version, that doesn’t mean it’ll be much easier. Normal mode’s difficulty will remain as is.

We believe those trying to clear the content at the earliest possible moment will try different methods, and we would like to set the difficulty to where players can enjoy the challenge overall.
    We think it'd be best to have the difficulty set to a point where players can say "that wasn't too bad" after completing the content.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Lots of stories in those cards, even on the JP end, about people meeting their rl SO. Somewhat interesting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Based on this, we are currently making balance adjustments to Alexander: Midas (Savage), which is scheduled for release in Patch 3.2, so that the difficulty is somewhere between The Second Coil of Bahamut and the Final Coil of Bahamut.
    Also, by lowering the difficulty of the more difficult version, that doesn’t mean it’ll be much easier.
    uuuh

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

UHm, what do they mean 4k resolution support? I play at 3840x2160 already np I thought?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Pre-nerfed raids and pre-nerfed dungeons, game is really looking up!

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3494863

Regarding the Diadem

While most of the content in FFXIV has various rules, we didn't set any hard rules for exploratory missions, and designed this content around the concept of players creating their own rules. However, we've been receiving feedback asking for such things as a system that makes it so gatherers and battle classes are not mixed together.

I feel that the largest issue with this is the fact that system-wise the rules are lacking. We're not done with exploratory missions, and we’ll be adding the next phase of content based on the feedback that we have been receiving globally. We’d like to thoroughly establish rules and objectives. Additionally, we’d like to create a system that allows for players with the similar objectives to group up--such as players who wish to gather.

Due to the fact that there are changes in the materia system in Patch 3.2, we know that there will be more of a demand for materia, and although there hasn’t been any issue with the amount distributed from item exchange, we were watching the amount of item level 210 gear being distributed. If it remained as is, it'd have further lessen the drive to complete raids so we had to introduce limitations.

As everyone’s feedback mentioned, we believe the optimal item level for gear obtained from exploratory missions should have been 205.

For the next exploratory missions, we would like to not only include balance adjustments, but feature more of the "exploration" aspect.

However, in Patch 3.2 there will be a greater demand for materia from exploratory missions, so we would like to change the content time to around 45-60 minutes, and make adjustments to amount of aether currents to accompany this.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Pre-nerfed raids and pre-nerfed dungeons, game is really looking up!
    There would have been no pleasing. Bitch if it's too hard, bitch if it's too easy. May as well make it easier and accessible.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

From here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3494878

Regarding Anima Weapons

This content is focused on creating weapons over a long period of time, and we understand that there are pros and cons to this.

We’ve been receiving feedback asking for more challenging elements; however, just as I explained earlier, there are three paths for obtaining equipment in FFXIV
    Obtaining items via difficult raids.
    Obtaining equipment by earning tokens over time.
    Spending a long period of time (such as Anima weapons)
    The third path on this list is for Zodiac and Anima weapons.

For players who are confident in their skills, they can make their rounds of the extreme primals. However, for players who are not confident, it is possible to earn a powerful weapon by spending their time working towards it.

With that said, we don’t plan on associating extreme primals without the Echo for this content.
    We understand that there have been requests for content with a difficulty similar to the Hydra trial or hard mode Garuda and Titan, but after looking over player data, the number of players who obtained weapons during that time period was quite low. Due to this, they were unable to challenge the subsequent content. Currently, other content has has been affected due to the difficulty of Savage, and since there has not been any easing for upgrading Esoteric weapons, Anima weapons have become the sole option for increasing everyone’s weapon item level. We will be thoroughly revamping this in Patch 3.2.

In order to explain about the above, I started off by first explaining the state of Alexander: Gordias (Savage). We’ll be balancing these aspects in Patch 3.2.

Next I would like to talk about the lifespan of the Anima weapon.

There are comments saying if it was this, it could have started from Patch 3.1, but the reason behind why we have set the item level to 170, 200, and 210, is because we wanted new starting players to be able to focus on obtaining Allagan tomestone of Estoreric gear as a priority which has weekly restrictions. As for the phase where players need to obtain items from FATEs, we made adjustments based on feedback so that players can choose their path while upgrading from item level 200 to 210, or obtain the various items while leveling other jobs.

For example, if Alexander (Savage) weapons were item level 215, then we could have shortened the amount of time it takes to reach item level 210.
    As for the lifespan of Anima weapons that everyone is concerned about, we will make adjustments to their overall lifespan. We will make updates on Anima weapon in Patch 3.25 and Patch 3.3.

However, Patch 3.25 will likely focus more on adjustments, while the large update to this quest will occur in Patch 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    There would have been no pleasing. Bitch if it's too hard, bitch if it's too easy. May as well make it easier and accessible.
    Basically, if you take all the bitching it's wishy washy as hell. Some people even complain about both aspects (it's too hard WAH and now WHY THEY NERF IT WAH) like they forgot about it.

Really fun to see.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Q& A stuff is being updated here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/276359

Q1 : Daily beast tribe quests are involved in obtaining the required items for “Coming into Its Own,” but when the quest involves completing a certain FATE it often takes a lot of time. Could you please increase the frequency that these FATEs occur?

A1 : We're currently in the midst of making adjustments to increase their frequency.
    Q2: There are instances where you accept the wrong quest when progressing through the Anima quest line with multiple jobs. Would it be possible to make it so that you cannot retake the quest with the same job?

A2: We’re currently addressing this
    Q3: There are a lot of items needed to proceed through the Anima weapon quest, and since they are regular items I feel like I am going to accidentally sell it. Could you make these (Unidentified XXX) items key items?

A3: We won’t be making these into key items; however, we would like to address this so they cannot be sold.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Some of the messages are a bit mind boggling when they talk about the ilvl weapon rewards of Savage Alex vs Eso vs Relic, etc...

I mean, didn't they learn their lesson in 2.0 or 2.1 where Twintania weapons got a boost to ilvl95?

History repeated itself and here he is explaining it again

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    We're in this situation because they don't release anywhere near enough endgame content. We get 4 (arguably 5) progression bosses every 7-8 months and obviously every single player in the game feels entitled to them, as there is little else to do to actively progress your character.

If they released a 10-12 boss raid like other MMOs do, they could afford to have easy bosses near the start and difficult bosses near the end with a smooth difficulty curve between them but that's not really going to happen anytime soon.

Either way, the Savage nerfs were expected and definitely needed for the overall health of the game. It's just too bad the real issue with the raids is unlikely to ever be addressed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I'm salty because I thought the entirety of Alex was a flop and was hoping they'd move on to something better.
    compared to anything coil related, alexander is a complete flop. from Aethetics to boss design, its extremely boring

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    compared to anything coil related, alexander is a complete flop. from Aethetics to boss design, its extremely boring
    Doesn't mean it's not fun tho I like alex, well a4 might go to trashcan but other than that I have fun clearing it every week.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Doesn't mean it's not fun tho I like alex, well a4 might go to trashcan but other than that I have fun clearing it every week.
    It's mostly the inclusion of the "story" mode that makes these raids even more dull. I liked the Coil series but honestly, Midas will get old even quicker now that it'll be easier (but probably shittier mechanics to deal with like the first time we had to deal with the T10 and 11 tether BS.)

Hopefully the music is evolved at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    uuuh
    I thought the same thing reading that. Second and Final Coil were MUCH easier than savage. not even in the same league. He contradicted himself unless shitty translation.

as for Alex, I hope the battle field and zone has evolved. Coil had some amazing atmosphere and Alex (while I get its all mechanical) is very bleh. Not to mention when comparing end boss battlefields Coils were all amazing and then A4 is a copy paste of A1