1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

How is story mode Alex different from coil aside from difficulty? Actually, how is alex a flop compared to coil? I don't remember people looking at T7/Melusine favourably either, T3 or T11. Either you find a boss/raid fun or you don't, I see practically no difference between Alex and Coil aside from aesthetics.

Also A4 music is the shit.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I kinda understand what theyre trying to do with the Anima quest, and they only really graced over the question of the base item being 170 but releasing at 3.15. I'm not sure if they fully understood how having the first leg of i170 would have been amazing at 3.(0), i200 at 3.08ish and i210 at 3.15 and still be able to help those new players joining at 3.15. In regards to using extreme primals as content required for the Anima, okay I get that too. I'd love to see the "low clear rates" on garuda/ifrit/titan, but considering people still wipe to those in 2015 leads me to believe the numbers were actually below expectations. I think the best compromise would have been (following 2.1's example), weekly primals that drop 1 Unidentified item. If extreme primals are considered too difficult for a casual item, then I don't see why they can't give people the option to do it while maintaining the reward balance with people who "have to resort to easier content."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    I kinda understand what theyre trying to do with the Anima quest, and they only really graced over the question of the base item being 170 but releasing at 3.15. I'm not sure if they fully understood how having the first leg of i170 would have been amazing at 3.(0), i200 at 3.08ish and i210 at 3.15 and still be able to help those new players joining at 3.15. In regards to using extreme primals as content required for the Anima, okay I get that too. I'd love to see the "low clear rates" on garuda/ifrit/titan, but considering people still wipe to those in 2015 leads me to believe the numbers were actually below expectations. I think the best compromise would have been (following 2.1's example), weekly primals that drop 1 Unidentified item. If extreme primals are considered too difficult for a casual item, then I don't see why they can't give people the option to do it while maintaining the reward balance with people who "have to resort to easier content."
    When 2.0 launched you clearly forgot about titan hell

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    UHm, what do they mean 4k resolution support? I play at 3840x2160 already np I thought?

Pretty sure he is referring to large UI so you can see it better using 4k.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I'm not sure if they fully understood how having the first leg of i170 would have been amazing at 3.(0)
    3.0 didn't launch with enough content after the storyline, they needed us to grind for law weapons before doing Bismarck and Ravana.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    God forbid a "relic weapon" be slightly challenging to get

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    God forbid a "relic weapon" be slightly challenging to get
    Well according to the LL, Anima are for casuals. And anything beyond fates and dungeons would be out of reach for such players.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I remember people struggled following one of the most scripted fights in the game

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    I remember people struggled following one of the most scripted fights in the game
    But it was required then and Yoshi gave some reasoning why they can't require it again. But come on, let's use those underused assets. One unidentified ore a week from Bismark, is that too much to ask for? <.> (or too little?)

Black Belt
    BG Level

But it was required then and Yoshi gave some reasoning why they can't require it again. But come on, let's use those underused assets. One unidentified ore a week from Bismark, is that too much to ask for? <.> (or too little?)
    i think they are saving Bis/Rav/Thordan EX for when they get echo'd for the next step.

Don't Bismarck and Ravana already grant echo? Unless you meant they're waiting for Thordan to echo before they use it for the next step. Though I get the impression they aren't using EX trials (cuz lol @ having relic people doing Thordan EX) going forward, even a little bit.

Titan was pretty much proof you can't have even a mid-tier fight in your relic process. Even Chimera was difficult.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Don't Bismarck and Ravana already grant echo? Unless you meant they're waiting for Thordan to echo before they use it for the next step. Though I get the impression they aren't using EX trials (cuz lol @ having relic people doing Thordan EX) going forward, even a little bit.

Titan was pretty much proof you can't have even a mid-tier fight in your relic process. Even Chimera was difficult.

Yeah it sounds like any boss fight is out of the question. Faceroll content only.

The good news is it sounds like the Anima grind was lengthened because of the i210 ilvl being equal to A4S weapons. In the future raid weapons will be ahead of the rest and the grind won't be as bad.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Basically, if you take all the bitching it's wishy washy as hell. Some people even complain about both aspects (it's too hard WAH and now WHY THEY NERF IT WAH) like they forgot about it.

Really fun to see.
    Is hilarious IMO. Dudes really have forgotten how to just relax and enjoy the game for what it is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Thordon would never be used. Even with Echo that fight has too many steps for the casual player (and even for average - midcore player)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Never 5get spin2win hydra

Did they end up mentioning anything regarding their tank dps adjustments?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    No they don't want the mass exodus quite yet.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    "Part 2!"

I'm just really interested in seeing the response of even Yoshi essentially saying he has no faith in the playerskill (once you cut through the PR fluff.) It would have been nice if they spent that 4-5 variations of one PvP mode in the raid content or dungeon content..like every most other MMOs.

Something occurred to me recently:

They've confirmed multiple times in the past that they design the Savage/Extreme version of fights before watering them down to make the normal versions.

So why would they be unable to make a 3rd tier of the fight in the middle?

They've said the reason why we can't have more difficulty levels is because of development time/staff/resources/whatever, but if they already made the hardest version then making a middle-difficulty level of the fight would only require removing fewer things on the way to making the normal version.

So can someone remind me again why instead of making Normal-Hard-Savage/Extreme they just keep teetering back and forth between Hard-Savage for the highest difficulty level, inevitably leaving at least one portion of the playerbase with fuck all to do?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Something occurred to me recently:

They've confirmed multiple times in the past that they design the Savage/Extreme version of fights before watering them down to make the normal versions.

So why would they be unable to make a 3rd tier of the fight in the middle?

They've said the reason why we can't have more difficulty levels is because of development time/staff/resources/whatever, but if they already made the hardest version then making a middle-difficulty level of the fight would only require removing fewer things on the way to making the normal version.

So can someone remind me again why instead of making Normal-Hard-Savage/Extreme they just keep teetering back and forth between Hard-Savage for the highest difficulty level, inevitably leaving at least one portion of the playerbase with fuck all to do?

Yeah the development part seems like a cop out. They have time for LoV but not a 3rd tier of an existing boss?

The Dream would be 3.2 Normal and Hard, 3.3 Savage. Very similar to SCoB. Top groups that are bored with Hard mode have something to do. Give them titles, mounts and dye able gear.

Use the same set of gear for all 3. Normal = Gray boring looking i220, Hard = Colored i230, Savage = Dyeable i230. The best groups don't care about the gear anyways.

Savage is always worth adding IMO. I only had the chance of doing Savage T8 at 50 cap (i130) and it was a very fun fight to learn. I did Savage T9 for the first time last night and holy fuck at how skilled those groups must have been clearing in i110. It was still fun at i208 IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast