+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'm really sorry to hear that. It just sucks man, there's no other way to describe it. It well and truly sucks.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

We just put him to sleep and I'm a shell of a man. That was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I'm sorry, man.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I'm so sorry. It is so fucking difficult and regardless of circumstances it never makes it easier.

The hardest I ever endured was having to help put my ex's dog down while he was in the hospital. I'll never forget that feeling. You should take the time you need , it's devastating I know

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    We just put him to sleep and I'm a shell of a man. That was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
    When we thought we were going to have to put Guinness down a few years ago, I was bawling my eyes out. I have no clue how i'm going to handle when it's inevitably time to do so.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Hopefully you handle it better than I am. They did it at our place and warned us it would be fast once they started but he was gone in like 20 seconds and being there with him is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. But it wasn't about me.

I sat on the floor with him for like 20 minutes afterwards just telling him I was sorry. I would have given anything and everything to make him better. Nothing worked.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My condolances. My dog had the same problems back in 2006 and I was a sobbing mess of a teenager when they took her in.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Hopefully you handle it better than I am. They did it at our place and warned us it would be fast once they started but he was gone in like 20 seconds and being there with him is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. But it wasn't about me.

I sat on the floor with him for like 20 minutes afterwards just telling him I was sorry. I would have given anything and everything to make him better. Nothing worked.
    I'm ugly crying for you , truly my heart aches seeing people suffer in such away from their loss. You may not realize it but you are stronger than many as you saw and realized you could do nothing more than to let go without dragging his pain out further for our own comfort. I'm not sure I'm that strong as if something today were to happen to one of my kitties I don't know if I could be logical about it.

It may not hurt any less for a long time but it's clear you aren't alone in those who understand.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Right in the feels. I had to the same thing a couple years ago. She was like my first child. Sorry for your loss.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I lost my cat after 13 years, we had her cremated and found a tattooist who added her ashes to the ink and both my other half and I had paw prints done for her. Ashes is legendary fucking cat and got me through the deepest darkest of my life. The loss never goes away.

It's been a bad few years with pets and I'm really sorry guys. Hugs all around.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yimoa View Post
    I lost my cat after 13 years, we had her cremated and found a tattooist who added her ashes to the ink and both my other half and I had paw prints done for her. Ashes is legendary fucking cat and got me through the deepest darkest of my life. The loss never goes away.
    I have zero tattoos but if I'd of known about this when I had to put my cat of 15 or so years down I would have done the exact same thing.

Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So sorry. Having to do something like that is one of the hardest things to do. My wife and I have had to do the same thing for 2 our our cats over the last couple years, and it hurts like hell. The tears eventually stop, and smiles come back when you think about all the good memories with your pet, and envision reuniting at the Rainbow Bridge. It just takes time

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Sorry for your loss Obs. My old girl is nearing that time as well

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I just had to put my 13 year old orange tabby cat down. He had Lymphoma. It's the 3rd cat I've lost in my life, but this 1 has hit me so hard. My whole body aches and my stomach hurts so bad. Many bawls have been had. Seeing him suffer was just too much for my wife and I. How long will this feeling last? It fucking sucks. Cancer can go fucking die in a fucking fire.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I'm so sorry , sometimes we hold attachment to some in our life ( animal or human) that just mean more to us and it's okay to hurt like this

I know when I lost my 2 year old kitty Blackjack when I was 14 , it hurt more than any other pet loss to date. He was always beside me , my protector and guardian through so much abuse and issues. But seriously fuck cancer

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I just had to put my 13 year old orange tabby cat down. He had Lymphoma. It's the 3rd cat I've lost in my life, but this 1 has hit me so hard. My whole body aches and my stomach hurts so bad. Many bawls have been had. Seeing him suffer was just too much for my wife and I. How long will this feeling last? It fucking sucks. Cancer can go fucking die in a fucking fire.
    I'll let you know. I'm on almost 3 years and I'll still randomly tear up at the memory.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

This thread has taught me that I'm probably a sociopath.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I still have dreams about my dog that passed 4 years ago, I miss him.

7th was when I had to put my dog down last year. Wasn't a good day even though one of my new pups made it a point to sleep snuggle with me for like 4 hours.