Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Geno, in your findings, have you been able to locate any kind of fog/atmosphere data? Loading zones in Noesis doesn't seem to include the skies so I'm wondering if either it's in each dat through some obscure method or if there's another file I should be searching for.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If I'm not mistaken "Fog/atmosphere" stuff is usually generated by the GPU. Mix of 2D stuff, particles and fog effect. From what I can tell the particle textures (as well as effects and misc other stuff) are contained in the model, this includes things like the moon, water, teleporters in sky.

I just took a look at the escha sky zone compared to normal sky. What I would try is first replacing the escha sky dat with the normal sky dat. If that works then you just have to modify a few pieces of the model to make it match the escha sky model (specifically byakko's area which is accessible in escha.)

Edit: I'd do this on another account. Though it's unlikely, it is possible that the model wont load at all and you might get stuck or fall or something

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tried switching both regular and escha skies, and the results are thus:

- Zoned in and no crashes, which was a good sign.
    - In normal sky, the atmosphere became grey like in Escha regardless of time of day. No clue what would happen if there was weather though.
    - In escha sky, the atmosphere changed to reflect the time of day (sun, stars, day/night, etc)
    - The chunk of bridge that blocks off Byakko's porter (in escha, it's #6) appeared in escha and prevented me from using the stairs. I presume then in normal sky that I could probably walk through where it normally is (didn't check yet).
    - In escha, the normal zone lines (palace, shrine) could now be used, but doing so gives an error message ("You could not enter the next area") and instead dumped me off at portal 15 (Balamor fight spot). I dare not explore that further because I feel like it could get me banned or some shit.

This definitely confirms that the atmospheric conditions are stored in that same dat, but it's still a question of how. In theory, I could copy chunks of hex data from the old sky and paste it into the escha sky until I get results, provided I can't find anything out using Noesis.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    Tried switching both regular and escha skies, and the results are thus:

- Zoned in and no crashes, which was a good sign.
    - In normal sky, the atmosphere became grey like in Escha regardless of time of day. No clue what would happen if there was weather though.
    - In escha sky, the atmosphere changed to reflect the time of day (sun, stars, day/night, etc)
    - The chunk of bridge that blocks off Byakko's porter (in escha, it's #6) appeared in escha and prevented me from using the stairs. I presume then in normal sky that I could probably walk through where it normally is (didn't check yet).
    - In escha, the normal zone lines (palace, shrine) could now be used, but doing so gives an error message ("You could not enter the next area") and instead dumped me off at portal 15 (Balamor fight spot). I dare not explore that further because I feel like it could get me banned or some shit.

This definitely confirms that the atmospheric conditions are stored in that same dat, but it's still a question of how. In theory, I could copy chunks of hex data from the old sky and paste it into the escha sky until I get results, provided I can't find anything out using Noesis.
    Yeah that's why I suggested using a mule. The fact that you can zone is interesting though, I did not expect them to place triggers in with the model data though it makes sense. Could open up some interesting things for private servers like new zones and quests.

It seems like the nav mesh data is probably stored with the model as well then since you were unable to walk through the fallen bridge. If you can copy that data from escha to sky and then repair the broken bridge, it should fix the issues. Then you can just do a dat swap.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Actually, I think I just found it. I can't believe I never saw this sooner, but in the hex data, there are sections that begin with "suny", "fine", "ligt", etc (which refers to the weather, reassured by the texture files), and have numeric listings of times where the lighting changes (0000, 0500, 0600, 0700, 1700, 1800), followed by a series of values. If I'm reading the data right, it would seem possible to force a zone's atmosphere to appear as any time of day or weather. I suppose it would also be possible to simply add hex from another zone (like say, regular sky's aurora weather) into a zone like escha and have that effect permanently.

Campaign
    BG Level

Not that it matters anymore, but I wonder if forcing weather client-side through this trick would work for stuff like Trial of the Magians?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It would be purely visual, and have no bearing on game mechanics.

Anyway, further examination has shown me that there are more parts to the dat and a simple tinkering won't do it, so I'll keep exploring.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

New version of Noesis (version 4.175) was uploaded by Rich Whitehouse on January 1st, 2016. Original post has been edited to include the newest version.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Do the new versions actually do anything different? I think he's just updating to add more supported formats/games isn't he?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

thyrus model

would anyone be able to rip for me the model of the white mage relic weapon? I made a white mage outfit last year and tried to make a version of the staff using foam and plaster for the top part of the staff..it turned out okay but someone dropped it and it broke :/ I got a 3d printer for xmas and I have been trying to use 3d max to create my own model of the staff and since I am just learning it hasn't been so easy so far LOL if I could take the model and then blow up parts of it and make it to print in sections and attach to a piece of wood that would be awesome

Thanks guys

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thyrus is a stage in the staff relic weapon Claustrum. Neither of which apply to white mage which uses the club relic Mjollnir

Aw the tool doesn't work for spell effects. :<

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kind of a bump but how would I go about exporting something like a home point? Is that possible?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

New version of Noesis (version 4.2) was uploaded by Rich Whitehouse on September 23rd, 2016. Original post has been edited to include the newest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Kind of a bump but how would I go about exporting something like a home point? Is that possible?
    I'm sure it's possible (someone on Reddit did it), but I don't know how.