1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

TIP!: Right click to immediately select the item to trade instead of looking for it

This frustrated me to no end since the beginning of 2.0, but I just discovered it. Dunno if anyone else was already aware... but I think it's worth a topic

When trading currency for X item, usually you need to pick it out of the inventory... but if you right click or press SQUARE on your controller the item being asked for, you can pluck it right out of your inventory without looking for it (or going to if you knew where it was).

Why this wasn't made immediately obvious I don't know, but I want 2 weeks of sub fees back from Yoshi

Actually, why the interface doesn't just take your items like a shop takes gil I don't know... why is some things so backwards lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know when I figured it out but hitting * on numpad and following with 0 on numpad does quick select/confirm.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    I don't know when I figured it out but hitting * on numpad and following with 0 on numpad does quick select/confirm.
    This.

2468 on numpad for UI directional navigation + 0 for confirm + * to select shit = Quickly mashing through those bloody beastmen daily quests.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I thought everyone knew this? Its the same when handing in key items for quests too.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The Beastmen dailies.......

Yes that would've been useful if I was still doing them... actually I might have to re-do them now anyways thanks to relics

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I thought everyone knew this? Its the same when handing in key items for quests too.
    For key items it's less obnoxious as one will probably not have many key items in the inventory in the first place so one could spam confirm quickly (as I did) and hand it in without much of a slow down. But thanks, didn't know it works for key items too! lol

I only found this out recently. Handy for fate handins when shit is still aggro'd to you

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Square button on the controller does the same thing. Extremely necessary for qol.

I think this has worked since 2.0.. i've always done this lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    I think this has worked since 2.0.. i've always done this lol
    Yeah, I knew it but surprisingly a lot of people don't since I still see some /say/shout mentioning an easier and faster way to turn in items.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yoshi stated this like back at the start of 2.0. He made it this way to give a sense of actually handing over items.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Yoshi stated this like back at the start of 2.0. He made it this way to give a sense of actually handing over items.
    Then further ruined by the fact I'm standing at max range from the NPC and then doing the hand over animation when the NPC is about 5 steps away from me and handing over something invisible lol XD

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'm still more salty that I can be standing in front of an NPC but if my camera is wiggled away from them it says I'm too far away or can't see them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I'm still more salty that I can be standing in front of an NPC but if my camera is wiggled away from them it says I'm too far away or can't see them.
    That garbage is the absolute worst, and it just baffles me every time it happens.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The game uses the camera to determine target line of sight with regards to tab targeting, as for why it still does that check when interacting with something already targeted is beyond me though. I mean, the game already focuses the camera on the target 'when' you initiate a conversation with it also.