Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    All of the minigames (intro sword fight, jump rope, racing hippaul, chocobo hot/cold, etc.) were dumbed down significantly for the Steam/iOS/Android release.
    Each now gives a ton of leeway with respect to timing/precision of the player's button input, and difficulty caps of the AI itself have been nerfed to hell (e.g. Hippaul caps at his Lv40 running speed all the way through Lv80 now).

You shouldn't have real trouble manually beating any of those which were difficult on PSX in 2000.
    I read you can just button mash through the jump rope mini game now, that true at all do you know?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yeah but also all the features.
    Such as? Serious question, never played it on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I read you can just button mash through the jump rope mini game now, that true at all do you know?
    If it's the same version as the PC version most guides just say "use an autoclicker here's how" as getting 1000 jumps is still incredibly difficult. I tried to do it manually and could never get past like 50 or so.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Such as? Serious question, never played it on steam.
    There's cheats (max level, gil, AP), you can skip cutscenes, skip battle intros, speed up the game. I'm probably forgetting something but it's overall an improved experience, especially if you're replaying the game.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow ho ho, Excalibur 2 is a trophy too on PS4.

I wonder if that will count the assistive tools.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    If it's the same version as the PC version most guides just say "use an autoclicker here's how" as getting 1000 jumps is still incredibly difficult. I tried to do it manually and could never get past like 50 or so.
    Alrighty, thanks.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cheats like max level and AP always kind of make me more bored with the game (any game). I wouldn't mind an EXP/AP/Gil drop/etc multiplier cheat to speed things up, but I wouldn't want to get rid of the grinding aspect entirely.

I recently played DQ8 through an emulator and there were EXP multiplier cheats online. Made a woooorld of difference especially with how grindy Dragon Quest games typically are lol. Saved probably a good 20 hours of metal slime hunting compared to when I initially beat the game back on the ole' PS2. Emulator also had a game speed x2 boost which was heavenly >_>

Does the PS4 version of IX have HQ backgrounds too? Or is that still just a mod option for the PC version onry?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    There's cheats (max level, gil, AP), you can skip cutscenes, skip battle intros, speed up the game. I'm probably forgetting something but it's overall an improved experience, especially if you're replaying the game.
    Damn. Wish all this shit made it into the vita versions of the PS1 games. I own all of them because I like having the portability.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Wow ho ho, Excalibur 2 is a trophy too on PS4.

I wonder if that will count the assistive tools.
    If it is the steam version, you can use the speed up, etc. and get it just fine, since that is how I finally did it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Remember the "Cheats" are activated for the full game

AKA yo ucannot activate them and then deactivate them unless you start a new game

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Cheats like max level and AP always kind of make me more bored with the game (any game). I wouldn't mind an EXP/AP/Gil drop/etc multiplier cheat to speed things up, but I wouldn't want to get rid of the grinding aspect entirely.

I recently played DQ8 through an emulator and there were EXP multiplier cheats online. Made a woooorld of difference especially with how grindy Dragon Quest games typically are lol. Saved probably a good 20 hours of metal slime hunting compared to when I initially beat the game back on the ole' PS2. Emulator also had a game speed x2 boost which was heavenly >_>

Does the PS4 version of IX have HQ backgrounds too? Or is that still just a mod option for the PC version onry?
    Backgrounds are not HQ. They look fugly on my 4k tv. lol

Trigun

Why can't the themes be sold separately?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fuck I want that theme.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Welp 4th time I've bought FF9, worth it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Remember the "Cheats" are activated for the full game

AKA yo ucannot activate them and then deactivate them unless you start a new game
    Does cheats include the fast-forward function, or is that available in normal play? Because fuck trying to play that game without it.

Stopped playing it on Vita because of all the waiting between and during battles, and it's one of the few PS1 games that seem to have either buffered load times or fixed read speeds, so the fast-read disc option does nothing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"Master All Abilities", "Max Gil", and "All Lv99/All Stones" are irreversible, once-per-game cheats.

"2x FPS Speed Boost", "No Encounters", "Auto-Attack", "Always 9999 DMG", and "Instant Perma-Trance/Full ATB/HP/MP" can all be toggled at any time from the Pause screen, both inside and out of battle.

Dunno if they'll make QuickSave a feature on PS4 version.

The music remains synced to normal FPS settings when you're in Speed Boost mode.
    You can also skip CG cutscenes and skip battle intro sequences.

SE destroyed fewer of FF9's original assets than FF7's or 8's, so Silicon Studio had more to work with when trying to upscale the graphics for this port.
    Both the CGI and character models have been upscaled. Pre-rendered backgrounds have artifacts cleaned up, but retain their original resolutions.
    They also completely redid the UI for touchscreen play, which included high res menus and fonts.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Welp 4th time I've bought FF9, worth it.
    $20 for a ps4 theme? :D

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

lol same.. one of my favorites so it's okay I bought it so many times!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

They updated the ps4 version and now the menu in battle is ugly. I did a good search and people actually like it. I wish I could change it back lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Today's patch of FF9 has deleted all game files except the Launcher. No April Fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Techraptor.net
    ...Square Enix's latest patch for Final Fantasy IX removed a massive amount of files from the game's directory. If you head over to SteamDB, the file change notes (or if you prefer in this case, patch notes) back this up. When attempting a fresh install of Final Fantasy IX on Steam after the patch has been applied, the only file that appears to be present in the directory is the launcher. Naturally, the launcher is completely useless without anything to launch, so it looks like Square Enix has managed to delete its own game with a patch. Bravo.
    Spoiler: show

User Change Log showing ~307 files removed. Shine on you dumb bastards.