Closed Thread
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Between top players no, but there's for sure overlap between the pot monsters.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Sony had to give this order. SF5 has the biggest player base. If most of those players "crossed over" to SF4, then that is another max entry tourney. 1600 x $10 more in their pocket? Or whatever the maximum entry is this year.
    The thing is, that yeah, Sony/Capcom had to have an influence, because why have people not focus only on SFV? They gotta push that shit as hard as possible, especially with their focus on esports with it and shit too. Would be dumb to keep 4 there too.

@Krandor: Not really. A lot of people who play Melee absolutely do not touch 4, and viceversa. That bit of info he gave was true; there's not nearly as much of an overlap as there would be with 4/5.

People are just mad. If you wanna be mad, be mad at Pokken. I think that game's booty personally.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Even without the crossover excuse, the SF4 time to move on excuse is just as dumb when you still have melee.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Even without the crossover excuse, the SF4 time to move on excuse is just as dumb when you still have melee.
    Be mad at Sony for this, not anyone else.

OK well you can be mad at McRibs, because he's still McRibs.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Horrible. Westgate?? Like the worst and most far out hotel there is?

So who is down to stay somewhere else?

He said it was gross cuz of the Westgate.
    Not just Westgate. For all I know they fixed the hotel itself up, but that's still a garbage location, and Mandalay Bay is the complete opposite ass end of the strip. I do support the Sunday arena thing; they have to do that eventually. No viewing party outside of it is a little rough given that it's the first year of doing this. Games lineup itself is meh.

I'm totally okay with USF4 not being in, like Krandor said it makes perfect business sense with Sony/Capcom involved; but Pokken over something like Central Fiction kinda sucks.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Sony had to give this order. SF5 has the biggest player base. If most of those players "crossed over" to SF4, then that is another max entry tourney. 1600 x $10 more in their pocket? Or whatever the maximum entry is this year.
    Keep in mind most of who would sign up for USF4 would have already been there for V so it's not like 1600 entrants would add 1600 more people paying venue fee. Maybe 200 tops would travel just for SF4.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Pokken over anything sucks. I just don't get it.
    And honestly, none of the excuses for pulling SF4 make any sense unless Capcom doesn't have confidence in 5.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah for sure it's got to be sony/capcom, i'm sure wiz et al know well enough that SF4 would still have a massive draw and be pretty much nothing but upside for them.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thing I'm wondering about with this line-up...

NA is only gonna have what, a month with Revelator? And who knows if Harada can actually get Tekken 7 out in time. Could hurt entry numbers for both of those games.

I think Pokken might be a matter of Nintendo flexing their muscle the same way Sony most likely is. Let's not forget the debacle a few years ago when Nintendo tried to get Smash pulled from Evo. They could very well could be trying the same thing here if Evo wouldn't include Pokken.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I didn't even know Pokken was out yet, let alone support a competitive community legit enough for Evo.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pokken hits console in March I believe, been out in Arcades for about a year now.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Thing I'm wondering about with this line-up...

NA is only gonna have what, a month with Revelator? And who knows if Harada can actually get Tekken 7 out in time. Could hurt entry numbers for both of those games.
    Anyone taking Revelator seriously enough to go to EVO for it is probably importing anyways, especially with the way Xrd autotranslates when detecting NA region

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I'm sure Capcom/Sony are making that decision for him.
    im 2nding this... im 99% sure somebody contacted him "ey sf5 need dat exposure".

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I kind of want to get into Xrd as my second game now knowing that 4 is completely dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Keep in mind most of who would sign up for USF4 would have already been there for V so it's not like 1600 entrants would add 1600 more people paying venue fee. Maybe 200 tops would travel just for SF4.
    That wasn't at all what I was trying to say. USF4 would max out a bracket due to overlap from people already going for 5 and the sheer number of people who know the game enough to spend an extra $10 to join it if they are already going to Vegas.

It is another 2,000+ppl x $10. I can't remember the player cap from last year, but wasn't it around 2,000?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Anyone taking Revelator seriously enough to go to EVO for it is probably importing anyways, especially with the way Xrd autotranslates when detecting NA region
    Damnit, this is a good point. I still have my Hong Kong PSN account assuming it's also releasing there at the same time as Japan.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

That wasn't at all what I was trying to say. USF4 would max out a bracket due to overlap from people already going for 5 and the sheer number of people who know the game enough to spend an extra $10 to join it if they are already going to Vegas.

It is another 2,000+ppl x $10. I can't remember the player cap from last year, but wasn't it around 2,000?
    Yeah but that entire $10/person gets paid out in the pot, it doesn't do EVO any good to have those 1,600 playing a second game unless that second game is the dealbreaker on whether or not they come. Only the reg fee goes to EVO, so it'd just be costing them money/resources to run it without bringing in additional revenue from more unique entrants.

That's the entire reason there's two Smash games in, if the Melee community would have loved Smash 4 and there was as much overlap as there would be in SF4/5 you can bet that Melee would be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Thulius View Post
    rofl there's like no overlap between melee and smash 4 scenes, quit being a child.
    Doesn't change the fact that it's a decade+ old game. What the fuck is it still doing in the line up?

There's little to no overlap between Sf4 and Sf3 yet 3rd Strike has been canned from EVO for years now. 3rd Strike majors still get damn near 1000 players in Japan alone.

Get Melee the FOH. It's the exact same 4-5 guys making top 5 literally every. Fuck. Tournaments with literally. The. Same. Fucking. Characters. It is easily the most boring game that takes up the most time slot every damn year.

At least smash4 is new with new blood and characters.

Here a 99% accurate prediction of every melee tournaments past and present and future:

A combination of: mango, armada, ppmd, hungrybox making top 4 using a combination of fox, falco, peach, jiggly puff. There will literally be zero surprises or upsets. It's been clcokwork for years now.

How the fuck do these nerdy white kids still love watching the shit so much to warrant a spot on the biggest FG stage???

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Pokken is such a disappointment. I was so pumped when one of the arcades in downtown Busan was getting a few cabs a few months back. Then I went and played it, and I left having spent more on the subway ride than I put into the machine. What a pile of shit that game is.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast