+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I like how they point out the bayonet lug...not even a bayonet mounted on there(noone uses a bayonet on their AR, ever), just the fucking lug.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Because all they see is

Spoiler: show

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Can someone seriously explain the "Cocks, not Glocks" movement to me? It seems like a really absurd way to try and get things changed. So, they're trying to say that carrying a gun is just as absurd as carrying a giant dildo around?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This will be memed
    Edit: I dunno how to post pics anymore

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

try re-hosting it on BGbucket. site prolly doesn't allow hotlinking.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Can someone seriously explain the "Cocks, not Glocks" movement to me? It seems like a really absurd way to try and get things changed. So, they're trying to say that carrying a gun is just as absurd as carrying a giant dildo around?
    Talking about University of Texas thing? Someone noticed that there's a rule in the student handbook that says a dildo (or any sex toy) may not be publicly displayed on campus. Same school that says you CAN open carry around campus. The movement is just trying to show the absurdity of it all.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Can someone seriously explain the "Cocks, not Glocks" movement to me?
    Campus Feminists and Nu-males feeling threatened in their safest of safe places. Waving huge rubber dicks around is apparently a self preservation reaction for them.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Prim View Post
    Talking about University of Texas thing? Someone noticed that there's a rule in the student handbook that says a dildo (or any sex toy) may not be publicly displayed on campus. Same school that says you CAN open carry around campus. The movement is just trying to show the absurdity of it all.
    It's still illegal in 20 Texas counties to sell or promote dildos or fake vags.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prim View Post
    Texas Campus Carry is concealed only unless I'm totally missing something.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yep sorry, meant concealed carry.

BG Level

I mean. I don't think carrying a concealed dildo on campus is a crime either. If it was, they'd have to arrest >50% of the student body.

It's fine to protest the concealed carry rule but I don't see how the dildo thing is at all related.

If it actually was open carry, it would make more sense.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Seems to be splitting hairs - you can have guns, you can't have dildos, that's ridiculous, it points out the ridiculousness of it.

BG Level

You can't wave guns around. That shit'll still get the campus evacuated. I'm very pro-gun control and even I think this is sort of a stretch. It seems more likely someone just liked the sound of "Cocks not Glocks" and made up some bullshit to fit the slogan.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Seems to be splitting hairs - you can have guns, you can't have dildos, that's ridiculous, it points out the ridiculousness of it.
    But you can have dildos, you just can't display them publicly.

There's no thematic parallel to the concealed carry rule as neither can be displayed publicly.

It's fine to want to protest it, the 2 issues just don't relate much.

BG Level

You're in the weeds, missing the point.

BG Level

Idk man. I would think that if your chosen mode of protest can't withstand 30 seconds of scrutiny from your own side you might want to consider doing something else. I mean, assuming your goal is to actually reach anyone on the other side of the aisle. If your goal is to just hype your own peeps up in an election year then it's all gravy I guess.

BG Level

The policy basically states that open carry of dildos is more important to ban than concealed carry of firearms.

This is a protest of that policy. I don't really see it as an election year thing - this is about a very specific local policy issue.

BG Level

The open use of cigarettes and e-cigs is also banned on UT campuses. You can still carry them in your bag. The same applies to dildos, and now guns I guess. It feels like people are trying to say that it's absurd that dildos are treated more harshly than guns when the reality is they're treated the same way as a lot of things on campus.

Edit: Ultimately it's not a big deal. Your stance seems to be "It's anti-gun, just roll with it" and honestly I'm okay with that to a degree. It just seems very meh and unlikely to produce anything more than a couple headlines. Never mind that school administrators at literally every university in the state have been fighting this law since the day it was conceived.

BG Level

Giant dicks are ridiculous - the brandishing of them is a visible "I wish a motherfucker would" dare to the powers that be to enforce their policy of a harmless inanimate object while allowing a lethal weapon proven to be very effective at going for the high score no problem.

You get visibility, a fun slogan, college-age sexual liberty display combined with civil disobedience, it's a pretty clever little campaign they've got going on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag