+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 331 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 6620
  1. #81
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    BG Level
    7

    Tapped out for the banner. Tungsten Bangle on another 3 pull. Have enough XIII RS that I should really stop.

  2. #82
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,550
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I wouldn't say that. I'd gladly take both Boon and LH to be able to swap between.
    I certainly wouldn't trade in my Lightning SSB for LH. I'm happy with my Boon onry.

  3. #83
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,426
    BG Level
    9

    I might try one more pull, just in case. I wish generic sword was in this event, because I have zero swords.

  4. #84
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,402
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage


  5. #85
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,412
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I certainly wouldn't trade in my Lightning SSB for LH. I'm happy with my Boon onry.
    Whether you'd trade an SSB for one wasn't the point. He said he doesn't need both; I disagree and would certainly take both.

    The Ultimate fights so far have been largely magic based. I'd much rather have had Boon than my LH in all the cases so far. I had to take Shellga to a few of them specifically because I had LH and no Wall.

  6. #86
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,550
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Plot twist, your wife spent a fortune trying to get 3 of them but didn't want you to know she dumped money into the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Whether you'd trade an SSB for one wasn't the point. He said he doesn't need both; I disagree and would certainly take both.

    The Ultimate fights so far have been largely magic based. I'd much rather have had Boon than my LH in all the cases so far. I had to take Shellga to a few of them specifically because I had LH and no Wall.
    And my point was that it has hardly been essential to have both. It can be a nice option but its nothing special to own both. I have never NEEDED to have LH because there have been other ways around it long as I have boon. So he's right, he doesn't need both.

  7. #87
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I might try one more pull, just in case. I wish generic sword was in this event, because I have zero swords.
    I pulled a 5* FF5 sword on the banner. So it's there. FF13 5* generic sword on the other hand, probably not.

  8. #88
    Claustrum. Really?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Plot twist, your wife spent a fortune trying to get 3 of them but didn't want you to know she dumped money into the game.



    And my point was that it has hardly been essential to have both. It can be a nice option but its nothing special to own both. I have never NEEDED to have LH because there have been other ways around it long as I have boon. So he's right, he doesn't need both.
    Pretty much. There has never been a point where I had both in my line-up at the same time. And there's never been a fight that has made me think 'That would have gone a lot better/worse if I took the other one'.

    The only advantages I've found of having both is A. Sometimes frees up a slot on your healer and B. It gives you a bit better RS option. A rarely happens as I generally take the missing -ga anyway. B is largely irrelevant too as it mainly falls under 'Red can equip H2H' and my H2H weapons are in VII and XIII (i.e. they both have RS anyway).

    I tend to use Sazh more than Red because Red's MC took forever to arrive (I got Diamond Pin at first event possible) and Sazh can sit in the back row. Right now I take Red everywhere because he isn't level capped and Sazh is.

  9. #89
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,412
    BG Level
    8

    It's not a matter of having both in your line up at the same time; and you've already proven my point when you said you could take one or the other to free up another slot on your healer.

    You don't bring both to a fight, you use them when they're needed. If you have Boon, would you bring LH to Rubi, Yuna, or Exdeath? Unlikely. As I said, only having LH I had brought Shellga to ExDeath and Rubicante making Lenna basically useless for 75% of the fight.

    If you want to argue about the definition of "need," fine, you win. If you want to actually argue the main point of my posting and this line of discussion, meaning the ability to use either Boon or LH as needed, then you guys have actually proven my point as to why having both is good.

    RS, weapon types, freeing up ability slots, etc.

  10. #90
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,227
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Drop Thread II: My Hatsega brings all the arguments to the yard

  11. #91
    Claustrum. Really?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    When I took Boon to those fights it never crossed my mind 'Boon is more useful for these fights'. It was entirely down to 'Sazh is 65 and can sit in the back row'. I still slotted Protectga on my healer for all 3 fights so it made no difference from a buff standpoint. Whilst there may be some scenarios that you could forego the -ga on your healer because of Boon/LH, I have never personally done it.

    The only synergy advantage having both offers you is H2H which as I mentioned for me is irrelevant due to the realms where I have H2H.

    For me personally having both offers no benefit other than slightly better stats in FF7 and FF13.


    And of course Eanae! Arguments are what generate the most posts. Even if they're useless posts and make everyone involved look bad!

  12. #92
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,412
    BG Level
    8

    "For you" is the key to your post. For you it may not make a difference, but for others it could very well make a difference.

    The only time I have brought Shellga to a fight in the past several months was for the Ultimates. I don't bring Shellga with me otherwise as it frees up a slot on my healer (usually Lenna for now) to bring Diaga. Does that mean that I wouldn't rather have it in some cases though? No, I'd rather have had Boon than LH for ExDeath, Rubi, and Yuna as well as various elite bosses.

    The ability to switch between the mitigation you need is the reason for wanting both. The advantage would be that you don't need to bring Shellga/Protectga to cover what you're missing on harder content.

  13. #93
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,550
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Going back to the first post. You're literally saying having the option of both Protectga and Shellga is better than having Lightning's SSB.

    Yeah, no.

  14. #94
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,426
    BG Level
    9

    I now have a Glaive, a +1 Wyrmfang, and a +2 Keepsake. I'm done.

  15. #95
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,412
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Going back to the first post. You're literally saying having the option of both Protectga and Shellga is better than having Lightning's SSB.

    Yeah, no.
    No. Just no. How did I say that? Maybe that's the way you read it, but you're wrong.

    Nice try though.

  16. #96
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,550
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    You made a direct response to Jem wanting to trade one of his Boon or LH for Lightning SSB and you said no. Maybe you didn't mean to say that, but it's what came out.

  17. #97
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,412
    BG Level
    8

    I made a direct response to his post that you don't need both Boon and LH stating that I would gladly take both to be able to swap between them. I then when on to explain in the proceeding posts why it is advantageous to have both Boon and LH.

    Also, you should look up the definition of "literal." Nowhere did I say "I'd rather have Protectga and Shellga than Lightning's SSB."

  18. #98
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,426
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I made a direct response to his post that you don't need both Boon and LH stating that I would gladly take both to be able to swap between them. I then when on to explain in the proceeding posts why it is advantageous to have both Boon and LH.

    Also, you should look up the definition of "literal." Nowhere did I say "I'd rather have Protectga and Shellga than Lightning's SSB."
    Well, that's essentially what you said.

  19. #99
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,550
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I made a direct response to his post that you don't need both Boon and LH stating that I would gladly take both to be able to swap between them. I then when on to explain in the proceeding posts why it is advantageous to have both Boon and LH.

    Also, you should look up the definition of "literal." Nowhere did I say "I'd rather have Protectga and Shellga than Lightning's SSB."
    It is though. You balked at the idea of wanting to swap for Lightning because you'd rather have the option of both.

    Next time, clarify better.

  20. #100
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,412
    BG Level
    8

    Okay guy.

    This isn't the first timed during a disagreement you go back to some post at the start and try to completely change what we were discussing.

    Jem said he doesn't need both Boon and LH.

    I said I'd take both to swap when needed.

    You both came back and directly told me that you don't need both for [reasons].

    I came back and said that those reasons helped prove why having both would be beneficial.

    You come back out of fucking left field like "Yo, you said this crazy shit, literally, right there."

    Time to go back to school, Tyrath. Your reading comprehension needs work. Not to mention you can't keep a line of thought going and safeface when you're caught at a dead end. The only person who mentioned Lightning's SSB after Jem's post was you and I directly answered you by explaining that my point had nothing to do with swapping SBs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 331 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag