FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

actually, a thought
    if we can drive traffic to the site, such as in depth articles not copypastaed from reddit on how to beat bosses, with/without advancilate and such, for each event and a dungeon guide for the harder dungeons (rata doesnt get to choose which is hard or not since he is a dick) we will be able to get ragns to agree much easier to having a forum dedicated to the game

Admittedly, what is and isn't difficult is pretty variable here. As is, we've kinda operated on the premise of tackling issues as they come up. For example, a strat that works for someone who started day 1 probably won't work for someone a month in due to lack of hones, characters, or equipment.

Either way, if we don't get our own section, I'd rather stick to one thread.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'd agree that what is/isn't hard is dependent upon a lot of factors, and that we post guides as people have problems. I kinda like having the boss strats in their own threads since it can be annoying going back through 10+ pages seeing what people did just 2 days ago.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If we're not getting a subforum, maybe at most 2 or 3 threads needed? A Gen discussion/DU oriented therad, Banner Event Thread(First post has current banner info and a link to the first post that pertains to it Elite Boss strats?) and a DORP thread we can spam about all the mythril we are burning and filling our inventories with salty 3* and 4* garbage?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    I'd agree that what is/isn't hard is dependent upon a lot of factors, and that we post guides as people have problems. I kinda like having the boss strats in their own threads since it can be annoying going back through 10+ pages seeing what people did just 2 days ago.
    I agree with you, as someone who has personally benefited from help here on a setup for me. The big thread makes things really hard to find.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    actually, a thought
    if we can drive traffic to the site, such as in depth articles not copypastaed from reddit on how to beat bosses, with/without advancilate and such, for each event and a dungeon guide for the harder dungeons (rata doesnt get to choose which is hard or not since he is a dick) we will be able to get ragns to agree much easier to having a forum dedicated to the game
    How dare you calling me a dick?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Blue Gartr: A Final Fantasy Record Keeper Forum with Drama

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    actually, a thought
    None of us are super serious about JP version here so it's likely 99% of strats will just be from kongbakpao since everything is super documented there. If we don't get a subforum (I don't care either way) I think a general thread and a loot thread would probably serve us well enough.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    None of us are super serious about JP version here so it's likely 99% of strats will just be from kongbakpao since everything is super documented there. If we don't get a subforum (I don't care either way) I think a general thread and a loot thread would probably serve us well enough.
    I'm probably the only one who is at least decently serious about the JP version enough to do the Ultimate+ fights and such.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ugh, I fucked up on FFV Carbuncle elite and forgot to bring a slow ability, now I have to do it again.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Oh, the old thread already got locked... boo, well there goes my goal of getting a higher post count than Fuck or Duck.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    I'm probably the only one who is at least decently serious about the JP version enough to do the Ultimate+ fights and such.
    Speaking of the jp version, so excited I just completed my first boss rush (barely, fuck that ranged fal'cie), gonna tackle ++ to get rest of MC2 then fuck doing +++, Ultimate, and Ultimate+.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Yeah that was pretty freeking sweet can't wait for that to come up. Also love the splitting of the threads I love seeing everyonea drops but when I need help with an even its a pain to find what I need.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Which weapon gives that? Lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Could global FFRK be getting it's first collaboration event?

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/seiken/en/#story

Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken 1 - Adventures of Mana) remake is coming stateside for iOS and Android (not on Vita apparently). The JP collaboration Seiken event is ~3-4 banners away based on timeline, and would not be in the data files yet as we're only up to Yuffie event translated. If I remember, the JP event was for Rise of Mana cross-promo even though they mostly used Secret of Mana fights and sprites. Might be worth keeping an eye on it as the timing may line up perfectly.

My only real beef with individual event threads is they're temporary. And unless one personally needs to know something, they'll probably go unread once they personally finish. Guess I'll agree that drop luck isn't much substance, so a second thread for that's cool.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    My only real beef with individual event threads is they're temporary. And unless one personally needs to know something, they'll probably go unread once they personally finish. Guess I'll agree that drop luck isn't much substance, so a second thread for that's cool.
    Well its a question of whether or not we end up with a subforum. If we do, the event threads work. If we don't maybe we should alter it to a "current event" thread instead. That way, all the latest strategy posts will still be near the end of the thread and people won't have to wade through all the other stuff to figure it out.