+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 370 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Fair enough. Admittedly, they need to do something to make cores tempting. I think I'd be happy with slight stat boosts and their native materia carrying over to whomever "equips" them.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

hope whatever they're doing to cores will make them worthwhile to use? or level? tho im not sure if its customizing them or other characters?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    hope whatever they're doing to cores will make them worthwhile to use? or level? tho im not sure if its customizing them or other characters?
    You acquire or turn cores into job souls and use those to customize other characters by adding new ability groups (like giving black magic to Cloud). Don't know the specific details yet but this seems to be the idea.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I hope you also inherit some of their stats - would be a reason to get them above level 50.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I just hope they implement this well.

What I like about this game is the ability to adjust party due to realm/gear/boss type

I just hope this doesn't end up with people using always the 5 same characters on any realm or boss

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

What I like about this game is the ability to adjust party due to realm/gear/boss type

I just hope this doesn't end up with people using always the 5 same characters on any realm or boss
    Of course it will. That's elitism. If you aren't doing Knight Sephiroth you suck!!!!

That's the issue these days. If you look at us, we all approach fights differently using mostly the same abilities with different characters.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

I feel like your feelings on not using the same 5 chars are a result of your shit luck. You'll end up using the same 5 chars 95% of the time once you start pulling those smash face SBs. Like on JP version, I have 6 people I'll use ONLY unless I'm required to use something else:
    Squall BSSB, Cloud BSSB, Ramza SSB, Tyro BSSB, Selphie SSB. The 6th is Tidus with BSSB that I'll swap for Cloud or Squall depending on situation; otherwise, there's 0 reason for me to use any other char besides maybe Celes with her SSB if I wanted Runic for some reason, but that's really unnecessary with all the mitigation I have.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    I feel like your feelings on not using the same 5 chars are a result of your shit luck. You'll end up using the same 5 chars 95% of the time once you start pulling those smash face SBs. Like on JP version, I have 6 people I'll use ONLY unless I'm required to use something else:
    Squall BSSB, Cloud BSSB, Ramza SSB, Tyro BSSB, Selphie SSB. The 6th is Tidus with BSSB that I'll swap for Cloud or Squall depending on situation; otherwise, there's 0 reason for me to use any other char besides maybe Celes with her SSB if I wanted Runic for some reason, but that's really unnecessary with all the mitigation I have.
    I guess

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Yea; I haven't dropped Tyro from my group since I got SG.

It's like okay Tyro can whm since MND doesn't rly matter for cures; and the dmg difference on Diaga vs a usual whm isn't worth losing SG for.

Or I need an actual whm? Okay Tyro you can take the support slot.

I need lunatic high? Okay I lose a bit of dmg, but red XIII can be blm with tyro as whm or support (sg + lunatic high > the difference in my next weakest mage and red XIII w/ the magic relic)

etc. etc.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I hope you also inherit some of their stats - would be a reason to get them above level 50.
    Hope not. I don't wanna level them any more.

Not wanting to level them is fair, especially with EXP being stingy outside of Sunday or orbfests. Still, I kinda defer to the question of why even having the core characters if they're not useful. It'd be one thing if we had a normal core realm where them synergizing was like 2-3x more effective than series chars, but we don't, so they're usually just get to 50 for materia then forget about them.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Is Rinoa's SB worth spending mythril on the beginner banner for?

I already have a decent number of weps and two ranged ones (skycutter, ice whip+1); was thinking may be nice since you basically get it for free along with your draw? But nothing I rly care for in that banner and idk how long that SB will live for if I pull something better for her in the future.

BG Level

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper 2016 Advancilate Twins

Think ill just do a 15 on lightning banner.

I really want an ssb and need xiii synergy but banner seems weak outside of the ssb

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post

I already have a decent number of weps and two ranged ones (skycutter, ice whip+1); was thinking may be nice since you basically get it for free along with your draw? But nothing I rly care for in that banner and idk how long that SB will live for if I pull something better for her in the future.
    I wouldn't since you already have skycutter. Unless you really like her as a character go for it.

BG Level

No one should pull on beginner period even beginners shouldn't

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    I wouldn't since you already have skycutter. Unless you really like her as a character go for it.
    As far as Char loyalty goes, I'll probably pull for Rydia sssb if that comes around; and anything from XI; If Shantotto has a relic, I'm down. If we get another char when the XI dungeons drop, I'm making it rain mythril

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post

Do you already have Tyrfing? Wait to see how the core augment system works out. If it is what it looks like, Luneth would be able to Advance + Retaliate, giving you great freedom for your RW selection.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Hmm; i haven't adventaliated in a while now that I have a decent mage build, but that's something to consider. The beginner banner will be up for a long ass time, no? If so then I'll just wait it out

BG Level

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper 2016 Advancilate Twins

September 2016

Feel this is becoming Reddit with the advantaliate strats

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

lol I just go the mitigation route these days

SG/Lunatic high with SB record materia; Magic breakdown, full break; steal power for mitigation

Dismissal (from steal power), + blms for dmg.

Changes for procs/conditions change things up a bit, but generally I just tear down most things easily w/ this.

Then I usually just go with another mitigation for RW as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 370 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast