1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If you didn't use Murasame and Masamune to heal niggas in FFT you're shit, kid

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Granted, Yoshida doesn't turn it into a Healer with "Divine Arts" weaponskills or yet another tank (THIS WILL GET PEOPLE TO TANK!) using Bushido or some shit.
    iirc, the stated reason for making drk a tank was that they wanted to make samurai a dps, but didn't want to add two dps classes.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I used Excalibur/Chameleon Robe and CT4 Holy.

Why heal when you can heal and kill everything else at the same time?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

And that's why I fucking hate Math

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

To be fair tome gear isn't always class-specific. I really didn't think they'd repeat the same mythology mistake with esoteric in 3.0, but it's not the first time I've been surprised at dumb design decisions and probably won't be the last.

That only really applies for ranged/caster/tank/healer though. For some reason every melee DPS has its own fucking loot pool, that's true (outside of jewelry). The Scouting/Maiming/Striking split is literal pants on head retarded. At the very least you can sort of justify Scouting being a DEX-based melee, but Striking/Maiming has been confusing as fuck since day 1 considering how healing/fending/casting has been in the same timeframe.
    Its stupid when you consider the classes stack the same stats and how groups don't run all three melee's - i'd love for BLM and SMN to get separate gear stats, although they would probably find a way to fuck it up. You really should have an option to not get drops for classes you don't have in your party.

If they could get their arses out, it would be nice to be able to customise stats (or at least avoid a dud stat). And it would be nice if the tome cap was unique to the class you had (e.g. BLM tomes of Esoterics, etc etc) to encourage role switching.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And that's why I fucking hate Math
    Let's be honest: the challenge in FFT was not in killing all enemies (because that was childishly simple), but in keeping them alive and incapacitated long enough to gank all their rares.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Let's be honest: the challenge in FFT was not in killing all enemies (because that was childishly simple), but in keeping them alive and incapacitated long enough to gank all their rares.
    This just makes me sad we're getting some shitty FF9 veteran reward instead of FFT ;\

glamour is the real endgame Yoshida wtf are you doing

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

And Kiyomori for Protect/Shell. The pieces are all there, balls in your court Yoshida. Samurai Support/Healer class might make me re-sub if only for that FFT nostalgia. Either that or an Agrias outfit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    And Kiyomori for Protect/Shell. The pieces are all there, balls in your court Yoshida. Samurai Support/Healer class might make me re-sub if only for that FFT nostalgia.
    Except you're forgetting the part where SAM will have to go into a healer stance and stand still for 10secs to use any of its abilities which will make you ragequit in frustration as soon as you get the job to 60.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wouldn't mind the job changing analogy to class specs if it weren't for lockouts on tomes, the shit loot tables, and the game penalizing you for job-stacking via the LB bar, which'll be worse in 3.2 if they bring back the role-stacking penalty that they quickly retracted on in 3.1.

This game is just anti-doing anything outside of their strict party setup, regardless of what Yoshi is preaching.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    And Kiyomori for Protect/Shell. The pieces are all there, balls in your court Yoshida. Samurai Support/Healer class might make me re-sub if only for that FFT nostalgia.
    You guys are killing me with this "thinking outside of the box" stuff.

Introducing NIN as another melee DPS (when the game already had enough problems with not enough tanks and too many unshared melee drops in coil) should have proven that Yoshi is not willing to show the tiniest bit of creativity.

The most unique creativity you can expect from SAM is to be another tank.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    iirc, the stated reason for making drk a tank was that they wanted to make samurai a dps, but didn't want to add two dps classes.
    He also said he didn't want to add two "Asian/Japanese style Jobs."

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    The most unique creativity you can expect from SAM is to be another tank.
    If SAM does what WAR does but better, i'm down. Fuck positional requirements, not about that life.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Granted, Yoshida doesn't turn it into a Healer with "Divine Arts" weaponskills or yet another tank (THIS WILL GET PEOPLE TO TANK!) using Bushido or some shit.
    Oh please, we all know it will happen that way lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I wouldn't mind the job changing analogy to class specs if it weren't for lockouts on tomes, the shit loot tables, and the game penalizing you for job-stacking via the LB bar, which'll be worse in 3.2 if they bring back the role-stacking penalty that they quickly retracted on in 3.1.

This game is just anti-doing anything outside of their strict party setup, regardless of what Yoshi is preaching.
    The LB changes are just SE's lazy way of balancing raid composition (because Melee's are the strongest DPS if you can deal with mechanics in that way, if there aren't any damage up for magic/damage down for physical or if there isn't any AOE).

About shit loot tables - its a bit better now that we have tokens (Well, anything is better than final coil for me - 0 loot pieces during progression/2 months of farming)

1) Option to not have drops for roles not in the party
    2) Option for unique gearsets for each class
    3) Materia slots x 3 (100% melds) for Gordain drops that have no secondaries that don't add stats, but manipulate current stats. I.e. put in 2 acc 1 det, you've got high acc low det as your stats.
    4) Either have tome gear to not be class specific, just a set for tanks, a set for STR, a set for Int, a set for Dex, a set for healers OR have a weekly tome lockout that is class specific. The latter would be better for the game imo but I don't think SE will want it because people won't be DF'ing in roulette's for tomes after.

Adding in upgrades to Void Ark Armour from the raid drops would be nice too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

it seems to me like they are desperately trying not to force anything on the player yet this is exactly what they are doing with the current job balance. they need to follow WoW's lead with legion and move away from homog. i'd rather have mechanics nerfed when a fight is added to DF. like I don't understand why they homogenized everything in heavensward but refuse to bring up paladins dps. when I look at jobs like astrologian and pld its like a different set of rules applies to them.

its like they are saying we know job A and B are overpowered but we are afraid if we nerf them people will unsub. we feel job C and D are in a balanced state and we are not going to overpower them by putting them on the level of job A and B. I get that they may be afraid of scaring away casuals with skill trees but you can just add something similar to the merit system in FF11 and gate it behind something casuals cant do so they don't have to worry about it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    If SAM does what WAR does but better, i'm down. Fuck positional requirements, not about that life.
    If SAM came out it would be SE's baby. There wouldn't be anything SAM couldn't do and it would be buffed nearly every patch in someway to make it god tier.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    If SAM came out it would be SE's baby. There wouldn't be anything SAM couldn't do and it would be buffed nearly every patch in someway to make it god tier.

Tank stance, DPS stance, healer stance and be top tier in all 3.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    4) Either have tome gear to not be class specific, just a set for tanks, a set for STR, a set for Int, a set for Dex, a set for healers OR have a weekly tome lockout that is class specific. The latter would be better for the game imo but I don't think SE will want it because people won't be DF'ing in roulette's for tomes after.
    Well, with the latter, you'd have more people in DF for a greater amount of time before it eventually dries up. DF still has it's fair share of people leveling up alt jobs so it stands to reason those same people will be tome farming too. I don't adhere to the belief that tomes per job will lead to people quitting faster because let's be real, it's going to be a crazy grind if someone wanted to tome farm all their lvl 60s to cap each week and at least it'd keep people logged in throughout the week cause they'll have an avenue for character progression instead of the hard stop we got now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Being 9 years old, and spending an entire Saturday trying to keep all my unique characters alive while trying to steal Masamune and all of the Genji equipment off of Elmdor, with a 2% success rate. Then, growing up and discovering gamefaqs and formula/algorithms FAQs that explained I could steal with a 70-90% success rate if I just reduce his Brave to 0 with Beowulf's 'Chicken' spell. -______________-

A damned shame that the WoL remake gives all the special NPC units the "Maintenance" trait, so you can't steal or break their rares. :/