1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    That's because the mechanics interrupt BLM far more, they still have the highest potential single target DPS.
    Got some proof regarding that? Because if attribute the DPS you get from Foe's to Bards and you look at the actual uptime of BLM's in FFlogs on AS3, you'll see them having similar uptime percentages.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    Exactly this. You're have two simultaneous timers acting on you just to be able to perform a single basic rotation (AF, Eno) and moving once to dodge fucks the entire thing up. One timer was perfectly okay; CDs are totally fine, you don't need them to operate. Two timers and no dodging is past the point that I can enjoy something.
    Not to mention this new "complex" dance routine completely eliminates two entire other styles of dance from the equation: in this case, the notion of using procs in any tangible way (either for instant big damage or instant reintegration into a main rotation) and the notion of dots entirely (seriously, try to keep up a thunder dot on the enemy while still maintaining the highest maximum DPS).

Why even have these spells anymore? If you don't want people using something, why even have it in the game? Other games remove outdated tech all the time, and either forget about them, repackage them into new abilities with tweaks, or re-release them once they fix whatever they didn't like about them. SE just layered a new set of toys for us in our bedroom, then built up an electric fence around half of our old toys with guard towers and dared us to try to play with the old ones again.

Just get rid of the spells. You don't even have to tell me why. At least then I'd catch a whiff of a professional company that knows what they're doing and has an absolute goal with the job in question. Leaving the shit in the game while throwing in new moves that completely obsolete the old ones in any practical situation just reeks of amateur hour. It smells like a college-age Dev team trying to hang with the big boys by making shit up as they go.

Flying by the seat of your pants is not a good look in a games-as-a-service system that literally asks for you to pay them every month.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Not to mention this new "complex" dance routine completely eliminates two entire other styles of dance from the equation: in this case, the notion of using procs in any tangible way (either for instant big damage or instant reintegration into a main rotation) and the notion of dots entirely (seriously, try to keep up a thunder dot on the enemy while still maintaining the highest maximum DPS).
    To be honest, Proc's did have their downsides in 2.0 (overwriting a proc before using it) - and Fire 1 spam was boring.

That said, I like that we have to actually manage Astral fire now (because you never really had to manage it before, and we've got Enochian to manage too. When you get more spellspeed and you get used to it, it isn't so bad. But I dislike that you have to waste a thundercloud proc sometimes (as there are times when you can't use them - they should have at least had a trait for Thundercloud to extend your Enochian duration by a short amount. I also dislike the amount of procs now - the solution could simply have been to allow the stacking of up to two procs of each type.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    BLM stuff
    As someone who just recently got BLM to 60, I can see exactly why the skills are still in the game. And keep in mind, there are players who 100% don't or can't use 3.0 skills for various reason. But for BLM, I would say that nothing has been changed for the old skills because the devs expect players to drop enochains, use sharpcast thunder, hard cast fire 3 if they did too many fire IV's and lost AF, etc. Once again, we don't have any meters in the game so there is nothing to really tell you how harmful it is to cancel fire IV to dodge aoe then fail to refresh AF because you were targetted a 2nd time. For many players, its not too far a stretch for them to think this is intended gameplay.

Edit: For the post above, they should have made thunder oGCD with a cooldown like empyreal arrow. Idk how difficult it is to program but i think empyreal arrow's ws status could help a lot of caster issues.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Battle Litany is 52, Blood is 54.

While the 2.0 rotation was pretty simple and boring, getting 100% of it while moving was kind of fun. Fights like Titan EX were the norm and blm could destroy there because we could choose to ignore a single physical attack or save procs for when we had to move.

If fire 4 had a chance to proc, and thunder procs extended eno-chan it would play out more like 2.0 did.

SE will probably never be able to give us a fight like Titan EX again now without excluding blm entirely, but maybe that isn't a bad thing. Idk.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    While the 2.0 rotation was pretty simple and boring, getting 100% of it while moving was kind of fun. Fights like Titan EX were the norm and blm could destroy there because we could choose to ignore a single physical attack or save procs for when we had to move.

If fire 4 had a chance to proc, and thunder procs extended eno-chan it would play out more like 2.0 did.

SE will probably never be able to give us a fight like Titan EX again now without excluding blm entirely, but maybe that isn't a bad thing. Idk.

That's a pretty big problem in general with HWs. Restrictions and abilities that will hinder future development.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Remember when Manawall was something BLMs would use strategically to continue their rotation before it got nerfed twice into the ground?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

maybe i'm just being an ass but ive always hated blm since the early days of FFXI when blm's had privledged status and melee were just their magic burst bitches. I hope they never get the ability to cast on the run.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    maybe i'm just being an ass but ive always hated blm since the early days of FFXI when blm's had privledged status and melee were just their magic burst bitches. I hope they never get the ability to cast on the run.
    Don't be petty.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    They went way overboard with the positionals and adding unnecessary shit to rotations. I hate fucking playing DDs, especially MNK.
    Yeah, I agree. I enjoyed most of the damage dealers in ARR and I can't stand playing any of them now. WAR/DRK/SCH are the only classes I find fun in HW.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

SE won't give us a fight like Titan Ex again because the lazy idiotic players would whine about it like they did for A3S. I'd totally be up for taking BLM into a fight like that.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

In my mind any trial that has as complex a dance as Titan ex is "a fight like titan ex". Ravana comes to mind. In fact Ravana is harder imo. It has all the things that could kill you in Titan and more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This is exactly what I'm worried about. Because rotations can be incredibly restrictive now, they might have to change their battle design to meet it. I don't want that.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    yes, that's exactly what is happening here. i dont know what kind of people you ran with, but as a melee i never, ever felt anything less than part of a team when doing skillchains/MBs. I was always very disappointed to find no mages capable of MBing in a party. in fact, skillchains and MBs are involved in the majority of my fondest memories from XI.

that's the kind of mechanic I want to see in XIV. Actual teamwork, not just co-existing in the same arena and all individually doing tasks.

edit: also, surecast needs to allow casting while running for like 10 seconds or some shit. not instant, just moving doesn't interrupt you (and, while they're at it, fix the goddamn facing shit). it's so fucking worthless right now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    yes, that's exactly what is happening here. i dont know what kind of people you ran with, but as a melee i never, ever felt anything less than part of a team when doing skillchains/MBs. I was always very disappointed to find no mages capable of MBing in a party. in fact, skillchains and MBs are involved in the majority of my fondest memories from XI.

that's the kind of mechanic I want to see in XIV. Actual teamwork, not just co-existing in the same arena and all individually doing tasks.

edit: also, surecast needs to allow casting while running for like 10 seconds or some shit. not instant, just moving doesn't interrupt you (and, while they're at it, fix the goddamn facing shit). it's so fucking worthless right now.
    I was once asked to use shoulder tackle in order to get a ice mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    In my mind any trial that has as complex a dance as Titan ex is "a fight like titan ex". Ravana comes to mind. In fact Ravana is harder imo. It has all the things that could kill you in Titan and more.
    Ravana has legit burn phases, to the point it literately confused me the first time I did it. "You mean, I just stand here and do damage?"

It's only as movement intense for melee, maybe.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ravana is also fun as fuck and probably the best Primal thus far. Kudos to whomever put that fight and the theme together.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ravana theme best track in the game.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Ravana is also fun as fuck and probably the best Primal thus far. Kudos to whomever put that fight and the theme together.
    Ravana is something i can farm nonstop, and I did do about 60 kills on first two weeks, thordan however just gives me headaches when farming, annoying fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast