BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

FFXI PC Controller Issue

I am attempting to re-install everything for FFXI on my new Windows 10 PC so I can play the ROV expansions and finish up FFXI's story. I picked up a SuperJoyBox 5 Pro PS2 controller adapter at the recommendation of several forum sources. The thing worked great out of the box - both joysticks quickly mapped and responded in FFXI - except for one thing.

I cannot get the D-pad (hat?) to operate menu controls as it would in FFXI on the PS2 itself. Everything else is mapped to match PS2 controls except this. Below is a screenshot of the controller settings and gamepad FFXI settings.

I feel like there is some piece to the puzzle that I am missing to make this finally, fully work with menu being operated by D-pad, movement operated by Left joystick, and camera operated by right joystick. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions???

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You can see the problematic controller buttons light up in that config screen, right? Try the alternative setups. Nothing I could do worked until I hit alt setup 4, and then half my controls started working. If that does not work and you have a ps3 od ps4, you can just plug their controller in with modified xbox drivers and use it. YouTube has the guides.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A method i found if you don't want to monkey with drivers with a DS3 or a DS4, is to use this wrapper then use this. The modified drivers might be more elegant but when I played FFXI, that worked..and it might be easier than trying to monkey around, especially if you're running Windows 10.

But anyway, try going to Controller Config in Windows, test/calibratre the controller, then disable controller support in FFXI, then reenable it. I found that sometimes fixed the problem when I used a similar adapter. If that don't work, dig out a DS3 or a DS4.

[Edit] BTW, from that it looks like they finally added XIinput (I actually requested that at one point before I quit); that's really nice.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

IIRC those SCP drivers are the same ones used for DS3. I'm using ScpControl v1.0.0.103

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks for the help all, I was able to get the Superjoy whatever thing to work using its own drivers. FFXICyclopedia had bad information on it suggesting turning off sliders and hat switches but the correct answer in the end was disabling just the sliders. With only that disabled I was able to go into directional control devices and calibrate the D-pad to be recognized as the menu control. Hopefully if anyone else is coming back and is in the same boat as me they find our ideas

Thanks again!