1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Tank changes, calling it now:

STR for Auto Attacks
    VIT for Abilities

SE has to keep it simple enough Bobby Dassey can play so that would be a simple way of splitting the stats.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

that's cruel lol

That's really gonna throw a wrench in things when every DoW gets their own version of WM in 4.0.

I think the most logical way to do it is to just make it so STR and VIT contribute to ATK for tanks and adjust the ratios accordingly, but that means doin math and shit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post

STR for Auto Attacks
    VIT for Abilities

SE has to keep it simple enough Bobby Dassey can play so that would be a simple way of splitting the stats.
    at that point why not remove str from the equation entirely? they were being pretty cryptic so I think that's a real possibility and future tank gear wont have str on it.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"Adjusted to 0" could still be a thing.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    at that point why not remove str from the equation entirely? they were being pretty cryptic so I think that's a real possibility and future tank gear wont have str on it.
    Why have stats at all, honestly. The game doesn't differentiate stats enough for individual ones to matter. A simple "life", "Defense" and "offense" stat for each item would suffice at the rate the game is going. No fun stats, no flavor stats, no variation, no deviation. Just damage taken, damage given and max health.

Boring, brown, bland.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    honestly who the fuck keep making those ugly raid gear
    They need Aion's armor designer

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    They need Aion's armor designer
    we don't need hoebag armor in this game. for those that play male characters i'm sorry armor isn't manly enough for you. I do kinda miss the minor gear differences in ff11 for male and female chars.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

STR for Auto Attacks
    VIT for Abilities

RIP Sword Oath (but warrior and dark knight both still fine)

Joking aside I think it's more likely that we'll see a split more along the lines of vit 50% potency, str 30% potency (I'm quietly confident tanks will get a general dps nerf at the end of all this). Tanks have more native vit than str, plus will be able to meld str onto vit accs to push up attack in a unique way compared to other jobs.

My only concern is tanks having parry forced upon them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

If they actually made parry worthwhile then great. Maybe make it so if you proc a parry, you get a short boost to attack power?

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post

Joking aside I think it's more likely that we'll see a split more along the lines of vit 50% potency, str 30% potency (I'm quietly confident tanks will get a general dps nerf at the end of all this). Tanks have more native vit than str, plus will be able to meld str onto vit accs to push up attack in a unique way compared to other jobs.

Yeah if they are 50:50 split using vit accessories and using your one 100% meld slot for that Strength V materia to get the +15 extra mainstat will be strong.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The % split makes sense, but this is SE and they are scared of players doing any sort of math.

Best case they remove STR from Fending gear, put Parry in its place making it a fixed stat that doesn't take up other secondaries.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm curious if they will remove Vit from food.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Yeah if they are 50:50 split using vit accessories and using your one 100% meld slot for that Strength V materia to get the +15 extra mainstat will be strong.
    I'm basing my 50/30 figure from Arthas streaming of the liveletter. He was under the impression that while str would still have an effect, vit would ultimately trump it.

The % split makes sense, but this is SE and they are scared of players doing any sort of math.

Best case they remove STR from Fending gear, put Parry in its place making it a fixed stat that doesn't take up other secondaries.
    At this point Yoshida is just using the phrase "simplification" to justify bad ideas. Tanking accessories were the last piece of character diversity in the game, and I have no idea why it's being thrown out. I'd also bet that after 3.2 any decent tank will still be able to out dps and survive more with str accs, then some of the morons I see already full timing vit in DF.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Melee Vit melded accessories.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

(joking) Then we find out they somehow made it so that VIT from equipment +base is the only influence for damage. Food, and somehow party bonus, have no effect.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    If they actually made parry worthwhile then great. Maybe make it so if you proc a parry, you get a short boost to attack power?
    No thanks. That's a buff to WAR and DRK by virtue of PLD shield blocks lowering their Parry activation rate (and PLD also being the only tank that doesn't have a skill to increase its parry rate). They should rename the stat to something more general like "Guard" and have it increase block rate and parry rate, and increase its effectiveness so it isn't utterly worthless.

I also sincerely doubt they'll remove STR from Fending armor, nor do I expect them to replace STR with Parry. To remove STR from Fending gear would make it a pain in the ass to go back and fiddle with the STR/VIT weighting after the fact (or do anything else with STR on tanks), and to just supplant it with Parry would be giving tanks an extra (albeit useless) secondary stat compared to the other roles.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm basing my 50/30 figure from Arthas streaming of the liveletter. He was under the impression that while str would still have an effect, vit would ultimately trump it.
    That would leave tank damage right around where a full VIT tank is at the moment, so it's certainly not an unreasonable guess. In full i210 with VIT accessories and VIT bonus points, I'd have 1105 VIT and 770 STR. 0.5*1105 + 0.3*770 = 783.5

It's also just enough that you're not getting more damage from primary stats on i150 pentamelded accessories than i210 Fending:

i210 Fending: 49 * 0.5 = 24.5
    i150 Penta: 29 * 0.5 + 31 * 0.3 = 23.8

Which matters since all the i210 Fending ones have parry, accuracy, or both, so even though they have more secondary stats, they're not always useful ones.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    No thanks. That's a buff to WAR and DRK by virtue of PLD shield blocks lowering their Parry activation rate (and PLD also being the only tank that doesn't have a skill to increase its parry rate). They should rename the stat to something more general like "Guard" and have it increase block rate and parry rate, and increase its effectiveness so it isn't utterly worthless.

I also sincerely doubt they'll remove STR from Fending armor, nor do I expect them to replace STR with Parry. To remove STR from Fending gear would make it a pain in the ass to go back and fiddle with the STR/VIT weighting after the fact (or do anything else with STR on tanks), and to just supplant it with Parry would be giving tanks an extra (albeit useless) secondary stat compared to the other roles.
    Its not like they aren't rebalancing the tanks anyway. They should do something to the stat, I was just spitballing ideas.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'm just saying they really shouldn't do anything to it that would favour one tank over another. Especially not in an area where PLD is already being embarrassed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast