Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If I remember right, I was still able to HotF RW during the Minotaur fight.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Classics done. I've updated the DU19 post with some more notes. Who do I talk to to get unblocked from updating the OP?

In regards to the Minotaur fight, there's 3 Rounds on that stage so you're able to use whatever spells/SB's you want right before the fight. Kinda surprised you're able to use HoTF SB, but you're definitely able to use SB's that are physical or don't have a type.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Mage one is a joke, boss only does single target moves

HI CARBY
    Yeah it was a complete joke. Done with Elites until Monday (6 to go, 4 of which have shards). Oh and thank you new dungeons, Meteor R3 now :D

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Now you guys can see why I was bitching about going into those 2 FFV fights blind in jp with no guide :D.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Now you guys can see why I was bitching about going into those 2 FFV fights blind in jp with no guide :D.
    Partly why I don't play JP.

I'll just quietly chuckle at Rata making Minotaur harder for himself because he's too prideful to use DF/Reta. Meanwhile, we'll just cheer on Carbuncle for Omniscient as if taking no damage in either fight is more skillful, if not easier with the latter due to Carby's duration.

As for Wendigo, I never had the cursor "stick" when it moved. Someone hitting the right target after the bar faded worked fine, though. I don't think any amount of mitigation will offset elite spam if you try to brute force it, though, so just go with the sleepnuke. Basically have someone test the mob with your sleeper's ATB ready, if HP pops, try to Sleep it. If you get the animation and whoosh sound, it slept, so nuke away. Can probably land 4 rounds before trying to reapply Sleep or it moving. A lot safer and probably easier than trying to AoE classic.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'll just quietly chuckle at Rata making Minotaur harder for himself because he's too prideful to use DF/Reta. Meanwhile, we'll just cheer on Carbuncle for Omniscient as if taking no damage in either fight is more skillful, if not easier with the latter due to Carby's duration.

As for Wendigo, I never had the cursor "stick" when it moved. Someone hitting the right target after the bar faded worked fine, though. I don't think any amount of mitigation will offset elite spam if you try to brute force it, though, so just go with the sleepnuke. Basically have someone test the mob with your sleeper's ATB ready, if HP pops, try to Sleep it. If you get the animation and whoosh sound, it slept, so nuke away. Can probably land 4 rounds before trying to reapply Sleep or it moving. A lot safer and probably easier than trying to AoE classic.
    That first paragraph show you clearly don't know why I don't like retaliate

But in Minotaur situation I wouldn't mind using retaliate because i wouldn't use it the "cheap way"

But I simply don't wanna use it on Minotaur cuz I'm too lazy to convert orbs to craft it

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

^

Stop comparing retaliate cheesing with Carby. It's not the same thing. Retaliate can be used without cheesing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you wanna use the cursor "trick" you need to target the real Wendigo while his copies are countering your AoE. If you target earlier it simply disappears. After all counters are done wait a sec and the cursor will move to the real one.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Apparently, if you bring a white Mage to Minotaur and have them use unyielding fist RW, it negates the inability to cast magic for that character for as long as the buff stays on. someone on reddit posted it so can't verify myself atm

If you beat Exdeath Ultimate, you really won't have a problem with Minotaur. So, I wouldn't stress over niche stuff like that.

BG Level

My real issue is the trash

BG Level

Well Minotaur was a joke, time to work on omniscient classic and elite and then head for the last 2 FFX

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

done with the update. only hard fight was the wendigo one, I just spammed single target abilities until I won.

BG Level

How hard/easy are the last 2 FFX dungeon?

With no orbs i'll probably do Omniscient + 1 FFX today and the last FFX monday

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    How hard/easy are the last 2 FFX dungeon?

With no orbs i'll probably do Omniscient + 1 FFX today and the last FFX monday
    Currently doing the first one on Elite and it's very easy. Both fins are out of range when the battle begins but they get in range after like 20% HP of damage or so. Both use exclusively physical attacks+ Gravija if you take too long and they can remove debuffs on themselves. Don't even need Power Breakdown, Protect alone is enough. SG lowers damage to double digits easily. Difficulty is also lower compared to FFV Elites for some reason.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

yeah the fins are really weak, with protectga and pbd they were hitting for 100ish.

the second dungeon you'll probably want mbd because the sinspawn does counter water, but it still was easy. maybe a haste RW to avoid too many gravijas

BG Level

Done with dungeon 158 0/5 ftw

Last ffx boss was kinda annoying I had almost no abilities left

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Couldn't find a better thread for this, but is a past event dungeon the only way to get aerith's first memory crystal?