Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And I don't think that the Reisenjima HELM NMs will ever reach that "routine" phase for anyone but the very best groups in the game (which not every server has at this point), unless they get nerfed or SE significantly shakes up player progression again.

There's a limit to how much practice reduces the difficulty of a battle, and the HELM NMs don't drop gear that gives your DDs a 30%+ DPS increase from the second best options, like Delve bosses did even before ilvl.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Then you're not even disagreeing with me. You're just bringing up the caveat that there will be a limit on how many groups that will be able to sale, which isn't something I uttered a word about.

I'll agree with you. I'll agree with someone else on the internet. I'll let you know if my skin boils and I die of AIDs in the next 24 hours.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think anyone is saying they wont become more plentiful... just that it wont be a lot of people getting there.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    There's a limit to how much practice reduces the difficulty of a battle
    ^ this.
    And I'm not 100% disagreeing with you either Ihina, but there's only so much practice can make your group improve.
    Without massive amounts of new gear, new stats (levels, ilevels, gifts, job points etc) you're gonna reach a point past which practice won't change a thing.

Honestly I don't see SE nerfing HELMs either, not anytime soon, not before April for sure but likely even later (if ever).
    My hope is SE will release more accurate information on the gimmicks/strategies for those NMs though, either in direct (official forums) or indirect (official ultimania guides) form.

Having clear and 100% accurate details on how some Escha/Reisenjima NMs work might make quite a difference, imho.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Aeonic Weapons Mega Thread

stuff will get easier because now not every allaince is running with 2-3 Idris burtgangs etc around

2-3 Idris alone will make a pritty impact

but yeah dedicated groups will get it done

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eripon on Asura has the Staff, so with the screenshot from Damane we have 1 more player wielding a desired weapon. My LS is still trying to beat the last added HELM NMs in reisenjima, i`m sure eventually the victory will taste even sweeter after all the hard work

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Harukasakura View Post
    Eripon on Asura has the Staff, so with the screenshot from Damane we have 1 more player wielding a desired weapon. My LS is still trying to beat the last added HELM NMs in reisenjima, i`m sure eventually the victory will taste even sweeter after all the hard work
    Any details from them on the final steps in dynamis?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Is aftermath durations or amount of SC/MB damage given by aftermath known yet?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

More JPs with aeonic... this time THF.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fricken Otoa

The man is impressive.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

SAM Aeonic

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm still surprised how the majority of these weapons get completed one at a time.
    You'd be leaning to think to complete them you'd need to be part of a solid group who gets credit together and hence completes multiple weapons at the same time, but it seems to be the other way around /shrug

Relic Horn
    BG Level

need to be part of a solid group
    The NMs often need a group that is tightly cut down to only the most useful jobs. On some BRD is king, on others BRD is a burden for example.

However I just think the JPs aren't all parading the weapons around at the same time is the reason they slowly come in.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, I think you can be reasonably certain that they did not get completed one at a time. I've seen 2 on JPs and there's probably at least one more from the same LS out there.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

And here is three more. Just completed last night/this morning.

Of course, all are Jp.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Yeah, because either content got nerfed, the next new broken strat was discovered, or players got significantly stronger due to later content. We're pretty much done with new content systems, so huge future gains in player strength are pretty much out of the question, and I personally don't think SE's future balance patches will do anything nearly as significant as the magic burst update, which means that SE nerfing the mobs is the only way they'll become "farming fodder" at this point in the game.
    they don't need to add new content to make gear more OP - see the RME buffs that will almost certainly come from grinding old content. Even the dev team they have left could easily just raise the stats on gear over time, no need to create challenging new fights or zones

although this is just another way to nerf the fights, it avoids giving a free pass to those who don't upgrade (and farm the 119)

of course, they could easily just say screw it and allow 95% of players to quit under your scenario, as they're unable to beat those nm you list. SE might not even care at this point, since beating them will cause a number to quit too. It's pretty much literal endgame either way

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viar View Post
    Guess that's sort of balance....2 months of release and we're already seeing first aeonic, which is so much faster than first relic/mythic/empy/ergon. Aeonics are also quite spamable. If you have a group that can kill NMs, you can farm aeonics for all of your jobs in a relatively short time. You aren't going to farm that many mythics back in 2008 in 2 months. Makes sense that the least time sink legendary are not as good.
    you can literally buy a relic 119 in no time and mythics have no challenge either, so unless the +262 RM are either inferior to aeonic (highly doubt) or present a challenge similar to aeonic, i don't see why anyone would bother with that 2 months going forward...maybe once for the sake of doing new content

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb View Post
    More JPs with aeonic... this time THF.

Holy Fuck. Otoko still plays... He was the standard for THF on Seraph.

This dude was perpetually AFK. Idk how he ever got anything he had. Never saw him at a single camp and that shell he's in LoD is like the Elite JP branch off of BeyondTheLimitation.

Always tried to stand next to him in matching gear. He either wore full Hecatomb+1 or that stupid Fomor Hood thing. I never HQ'd my cap which always made me sad.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

JP Blog about Aeonics:

http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/article/433115032.html

Some stuff without the fine details:

Aftermath:

Lv1:Duration 3min SC Bonus +3% MB Bonus +3%
    Lv2:Duration 3min SC Bonus +5% MB Bonus +5%
    Lv3:Duration 3min SC Bonus +10% MB Bonus +10%

Has more steps in between. No clue if the MB Bonus counts as gear MB (oh god no) or JA MB (something at least)

Honor March 900 Skill:

Song+0:ACC+30 ATK+120 RACC+30 RATK+120 Haste+10%
    Song+1:ACC+46 ATK+184 RACC+46 RATK+184 Haste+15%

Ultimate Skillchain:

200% of damage mirrored with AM3 seems like

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So the aftermath is a joke, except that it unlocks the ultimate skillchain?

Honor March is surprisingly awesome. 30 Acc, 120 Atk, and 10% Haste are all way more than it should have based on their description of it. Do you know where they're getting the Song +1 from? Is it March +1, or a Song+ augment on Chironic gear?

Also, has anyone actually seen a Song+1 augment on Chironic gear? If it exists and this is the scaling, Honor March with a billion gil Chironic set would be broken as hell. With Soul Voice/CC and Song +5 on Chironic, you'd get >10 minutes of Acc+220, Atk+880, and capped Magic Haste, not to mention that you can still sing 2 madrigals and 2 minuets on top of that. That is sufficient to make BRD competitive with GEO as a buffer.