Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i can confirm quadrupel attack on herc legs. other then that havent seen more unique augments

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Got Blood Boon a couple times on Herculean

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I wish that convinced me, but in my dozen attempts I've gotten 0 augments that are unique to Dark Matter. Given that it sounds like there are multiple Dark Matter specific augments that occur at a low rate . . . . . . 54 is kinda too low to conclude anything from yet

Apart from opening up caps, allowing 5 augments, and allowing any augment possible normally on any set/path, Dark Matter specific augments that have been reported are:
    * Treasure Hunter (confirmed on Herculean and Merlinic)
    * Quadruple Attack (confirmed on Merlinic multiple times)
    * Phalanx (confirmed on Merlinic multiple times)
    * Song? (the two early JP claims - Valorous and Chironic - are now dead links)
    * Blood boon? (Unsure whether Merlinic can already get this on the pet path)
    * Refresh (confirmed on Merlinic multiple times - Technically this is possible normally on some weapons)

I'd like to discount the Song+ augments, buuuuuut.... I don't know. Something nags at me. The first report of it was Song+1 on Valorous feet. The follow-up Song+2 on Chironic feet? Sure, perhaps that's fake. Why start it off with Valorous feet, though? It is quite weird that there has been no NA corroboration since then, considering the frequency with which we've seen every other augment though.
    I can confirm at least Blood Boon +10 on Merlinic using Fern Stones (as well as pet: pdt-6%, pet: haste+5%, pet: stp+6, pet: crit hit rate+5%, pet: dex+6, pet: macc/mab+20/20, pet: att/ratt +17/+17, avatar perp cost -9, bp delay-6, bp damage+10). Suppose I'll go update that on wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    Looking at the JP Post, it looks like non-merit WS can indeed be used for Ultimate Skillchain, provided you use enough steps for the respective Aftermath.

Aftermath 1 is 4 step, 2 is 3 step, 3 is 2 step, and the final 2 WS property must be lv3 light/dark to lv3 light/dark.

The example they gave for an Aftermath 3 Radiance/Umbra was Exenterator to Exenterator for Light and Rudra's to Rudra's for Dark.

Which brings up the fact that the Aftermath seems to have an effect on the WS property of Merited WS, since Exenterator is Frag/Sciss.

Offhand does not work because you cannot activate Aftermath with it in Offhand.

Another mention is, TP Bonus is actually mainhand only, according to the post, which is a surprise to me as well.
    OMFG. I am SO glad I was right about that! (BTdubbs, SE mentioned forever ago that the meritWSs gain LIGHT/DARK when under AM)
    Main reason why is because that makes the "off-color" Aeonics much more utilitarianly powerful... being able to double Light AND double Dark.
    The use of the non-meritWSs was implied... But it's REALLY nice to know that it really DOES work for that.

Having the TP bonus being main-hand is rather lame... BUT... at least the storeTP is still there. (I guess the TP bonus is like on the Tenzen bow, only for WSs tagged to that weapon. eg: main-hand)

SO excited about that confirmation. Dagger, Sword, Katana, Polearm, and Gun are a lot better because of that. (Obvs Mythics are gonna wind up being better... but things like Aeonic DNC/NIN/BLU are gonna be pretty pimp.)

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    OMFG. I am SO glad I was right about that! (BTdubbs, SE mentioned forever ago that the meritWSs gain LIGHT/DARK when under AM)
    Main reason why is because that makes the "off-color" Aeonics much more utilitarianly powerful... being able to double Light AND double Dark.
    The use of the non-meritWSs was implied... But it's REALLY nice to know that it really DOES work for that.

Having the TP bonus being main-hand is rather lame... BUT... at least the storeTP is still there. (I guess the TP bonus is like on the Tenzen bow, only for WSs tagged to that weapon. eg: main-hand)

SO excited about that confirmation. Dagger, Sword, Katana, Polearm, and Gun are a lot better because of that. (Obvs Mythics are gonna wind up being better... but things like Aeonic DNC/NIN/BLU are gonna be pretty pimp.)
    I think it will be good for fights where you can start off with AM3 active or at least setup a 4 step SC with AM1 active, but the fact that aftermath wears off once an Ultimate SC is created by the user is a bit of a drawback. It is still somewhat hard to find a place for these weapons yet in terms of hierarchy with R/E/M as we don't know if Relics will get a bump in proc rate of the extra damage along with an increase in Relic WS damage (or if they will retool the relic WS's altogether which I highly doubt)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Polearm and GS gain quite a bit from being able to spam their best WSs (Stardiver / Resolution) over and over for Light on top of the 500 TP bonus which affects them, even if they don't make Radiance.

GA gets some bonus from it, but not as much as the other two.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Polearm and GS gain quite a bit from being able to spam their best WSs (Stardiver / Resolution) over and over for Light on top of the 500 TP bonus which affects them, even if they don't make Radiance.

That actually might be a legitimate way to use these weapons. Put up AM1/2, which forces it to NOT umbra/radiance with a 2-step, but spam darkness/light instead. LOL

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Problem with Greatsword is that it's RUN only.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Roundelk View Post
    Problem with Greatsword is that it's RUN only.
    Sounds fine to me. Besides wars probably do better with a fencer build anyways... so suck it drks!

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I think it will be good for fights where you can start off with AM3 active or at least setup a 4 step SC with AM1 active, but the fact that aftermath wears off once an Ultimate SC is created by the user is a bit of a drawback. It is still somewhat hard to find a place for these weapons yet in terms of hierarchy with R/E/M as we don't know if Relics will get a bump in proc rate of the extra damage along with an increase in Relic WS damage (or if they will retool the relic WS's altogether which I highly doubt)
    Ah, but you see... that's an easy thing:
    Make AM1.
    Only make two step Light/Darkness, never triggering R/U cause not enough steps.
    ???
    Profit cause AM would last its whole duration.

Don't need AM3 to give the MeritWSs their Light/Darkness properties.
    Which means that you don't even really need to go in with 3k TP either. Just open the first WS you do at 1000 with the MeritWS.
    ^u^

EDIT: Damnit, Karizo. "Ninjaing" me! .... I should read the whole thread before responding... or in this case two posts after the one I respond to... lol

EDIT2: And while Radiance and Umbra are a supped up version of double Light and Darkness... they're not really needed for anything. So AM1 2step Light+Darkness is probably be best way to utilize these. Though the SCB+MBB could make AM2 more desirable than AM1... AM3 seems too gimmicky, given our playstyle of 2~3step SCs only.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You do indeed need an Attestation and a Fragment for your weapon type for the final step. Around 6 Persons from our LS just finished the 2nd step with some still having to go Dynamis. Personally I still need Sanddworm and Zerde clear but those are easy.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...6daff598e5.jpg

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I presume it would be possible to activate AM1 mid-skillchain?

for example:
    Savage Blade --> Chant du Cygne (Distortion) --> Requiescat (Darkness and activating AM1) > Chant du Cygne (Umbra)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post

for example:
    Savage Blade --> Chant du Cygne (Distortion) --> Requiescat (Darkness and activating AM1) > Chant du Cygne (Umbra)
    CDC is Light skillchain property, so I don't think that skillchain would work

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

CDC is Light skillchain property, so I don't think that skillchain would work
    CDC has both Light and Distortion properties. Since Savage Blade has Fragmentation as a property and Frag -> Distortion = Distortion it will make Distortion and if you follow it with Requiescat it does make Darkness. That will not make Umbra though, as the requirement for Umbra with only AM1 up is Any Skillchain -> Any Skillchain -> Level 3 Skillchain -> Level 3 Skillchain -> Umbra.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think byrth more meant about the final cdc. That the dark + chant wont do anything regardless so wont activate umbra. Though the skillchain is poorly constructed the question remains is assuming using right ws and skillchains can it be done mid skillchain. Like substitute that last Chant for idk another req possibly

Yeah, that last CDC would have to be requiscat for it to work.
    That's pretty much the only way to do it with swords. Since there are no other Darkness property WSs available to swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    You do indeed need an Attestation and a Fragment for your weapon type for the final step. Around 6 Persons from our LS just finished the 2nd step with some still having to go Dynamis. Personally I still need Sanddworm and Zerde clear but those are easy.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...6daff598e5.jpg
    Congrats!!
    And just one of each? That's weird. but refreshingly easy after those HELMs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

one of each
    1 of each and 1 gameday wait

I never expected it to be this easy. Expected SE to have us farm 10000 Eschalixir 1000 reisen stones of each type and 100 eschite ore,

They might keep that hidden for RME reforge !

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post

for example:
    Besides the fact that your SC isn't going to work, with or without AM, I believe it needs to be tested whether the merit WS used to activate AM will receive the "upgrade" in WS property that meirt WS get under the effect of AM. Personally, I'm going to guess no, but only a test will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    1 of each and 1 gameday wait

I never expected it to be this easy. Expected SE to have us farm 10000 Eschalixir 1000 reisen stones of each type and 100 eschite ore,

They might keep that hidden for RME reforge !
    I look forward to y'all's info on the couple of things that need be nailed down. (AM duration, SCB+MBB amounts... that's basically it, other than the testing on the theoretical AM activation in the middle of a SC.)

Also: Did y'all brew anything? That really should be checked since it's not in the english client. (unless I've missed it somewhere, iirc it's just in the JP client and seemingly flavor text)

EDIT: Also, when did she take the KI? when you traded the fragment+attestation right?

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    Besides the fact that your SC isn't going to work, with or without AM, I believe it needs to be tested whether the merit WS used to activate AM will receive the "upgrade" in WS property that meirt WS get under the effect of AM. Personally, I'm going to guess no, but only a test will tell.
    No, we already know that: They only have Level 3 properties under AM.
    So you can't close a "level 4" AND open AM in the same step.

That being said, the example is sound:
    Savage Blade + CDC = Distortion + Requiscat = Darkness + Requiscat = Umbra
    Fragmentation + Distortion = Distortion + Gravitation = Darkness + Darkness = Umbra

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Did y'all brew anything?
    No brew, just 2 weeks of travel between MMM for 2hr reset and Reisenjima

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast