Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Being under the influence of any level of AM will supercharge your Merit WS and activate it's Aeonic WS property. It will also count as supercharged FOR the WS that is activating the AM.

EDIT: Made a small video with something fancy as SCH/RDM

Wish it wasn't so unsteady and hard to pull off. Only managed to do it like 2 in 20 tries. However I don't think instacast triggered during the attempt I captured.

Just to clarify these things:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Quick tests suggest that Radiance/Umbra don't have an "Auto-Rayke" built in to lower or erase the multiple-MB penalty.
    So what you're saying is that R&U don't have the MB penalty for MBs after the first?

Ya here is the JP post again:

http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/article/433115032.html

Code:
    TP1000~1499:連携ボーナス+3% マジックバーストダメージ+3%
    TP1500~1999:連携ボーナス+4% マジックバーストダメージ+4%
    TP2000~2199:連携ボーナス+5% マジックバーストダメージ+5%
    TP2200~2399:連携ボーナス+6% マジックバーストダメージ+6%
    TP2400~2599:連携ボーナス+7% マジックバーストダメージ+7%
    TP2600~2799:連携ボーナス+8% マジックバーストダメージ+8%
    TP2800~2999:連携ボーナス+9% マジックバーストダメージ+9%
    TP3000~****:連携ボーナス+10% マジックバーストダメージ+10%
    Gradual rise in AM strength.

SC Damage mirrored seemed to be 200% of the closing WS before modifications
    The bold especially. If I understand that, you mean they have a 2x multiplier for a two-step. Like how a two step Light/Darkness have a mirror'd SC to the WS damage?

Also, it's really crazy that the opening SC has the T3 property. Have to be careful if you're doing multiple steps and opening AM mid-chain.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That post specifically says that L and U still have the magic burst penalty.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I gotta admit, I am heavily let down by these weapons. I was hoping they would encourage some synergy between melee and mages, but with U/L magic bursts doing the same as a 2 step level 1 skillchain, I don't see the point.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    1) So what you're saying is that R&U don't have the MB penalty for MBs after the first?
    2) The bold especially. If I understand that, you mean they have a 2x multiplier for a two-step. Like how a two step Light/Darkness have a mirror'd SC to the WS damage?
    1) I said the opposite. MB into Radiance/Umbra is no different than MBing into any other Skillchain. Which kind of is a shame and could give it purpose.
    2) Yeah 2 step Light/Dark 100% mirror before modifications, Umbra/Radiance 200% closing WS mirror before modifications

Also confirming that having AM up will indeed give your Empyrean WSes the ability to do Umbra/Light.

http://i.imgur.com/bTTDvvB.png?1

My bad, I misread it. XD

But at least the MBB the AM gives is "trait" and not gear. Maybe then the adjusted AMs for the other REAMEs will mean that Apoc gets JA (or magic) haste instead of gear haste.
    So it's not COMPLETELY worthless..... just mostly worthless. (unless it somehow is a MBB tied to the SC itself and not to the person, so anyone who bursts off of an Aeonic AM boosted SC would get that +3~10%MBB... but I doubt that.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edit, wrong topic.

I mean, that the +3~10% Magic Burst Bonus term is applied to anyone, and not just the AM user. Cause that's not how gear, gifts, or buffs work... so that's surprising.
    That makes these a little better. (Or at least makes them have more utility allowing for 3~10%MBB over the 40% gear cap for the entire party.)

Apparently that was a mistake lol

EDIT: Oh and, Lyramion, what's the duration of the AM levels?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    EDIT: Oh and, Lyramion, what's the duration of the AM levels?
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...=1#post6626980

3min for them all.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

1) I said the opposite. MB into Radiance/Umbra is no different than MBing into any other Skillchain. Which kind of is a shame and could give it purpose.
    2) Yeah 2 step Light/Dark 100% mirror before modifications, Umbra/Radiance 200% closing WS mirror before modifications

Also confirming that having AM up will indeed give your Empyrean WSes the ability to do Umbra/Light.

http://i.imgur.com/bTTDvvB.png?1
    Seems to line up with the JP post that while having AM3 up if you use two step Light/Dark based element weaponskills it will Radiance/Umbra.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm starting to think that R/U is a hindrance rather than a benefit, if it removes aftermath.

Maybe they think putting up lv3 and spamming high level skillchains for 3 minutes is a bit too much

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Well you can do your WS at 2900 something and enjoy +9% SC damage and not worry about R/U.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

These aftermaths aren't effected by the tp bonus on it like normal right?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Aftermaths are not normally affected by TP bonus, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sorry meant to say aren't

Yes, their TP bonus, does NOT increase AM potency. (which is a shame, but I think that's with how AM is coded.)
    At least the TP bonus works for all WSs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just had a thought, seems worth looking into, but would having AM up affect Gavialis Helm's bonus, when using a merited WS? As in, would having AM up with an Aeonic increase the number of days that Gavialis, or Mekira, or other similar pieces of gear provide their buff?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by pieceofsoap View Post
    I just had a thought, seems worth looking into, but would having AM up affect Gavialis Helm's bonus, when using a merited WS? As in, would having AM up with an Aeonic increase the number of days that Gavialis, or Mekira, or other similar pieces of gear provide their buff?
    Depends on how badly SE coded the mechanic

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So some questions on skillchaining with aftermath... think it was reported that 2 step ultimate skillchains did double closing dmg before modifications. I expect most were properly accounted for but newish iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus bonus thing accounted for too? Also were there any values found for multistep? Lastly since aeonic ws gain a lvl 3 attribute has anyone checked to see if by chance the last set of weapon related ws (mythic) do as well?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

No testing done for multisteps but Mythic WS get nothing out of Aftermath but the increased SC damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast