Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok Am i seriously missing something here? I have the Club so, my Skillchain ability is pretty bad compared to most jobs, but i can totally make 5 step Skillchains + With capped Haste. (My only limit really is i can exclusively only end with light).
    I'm fighting Hurkan, and i've tried everything conceivable and yes, i have AM3 up.
    Shining strike > True Strike > Black Halo > Black Halo hasnt worked.
    Realmrazer > True Strike > Black halo > Black Halo > Realmrazer hasnt worked.

What am i missing!?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlina View Post
    Ok Am i seriously missing something here? I have the Club so, my Skillchain ability is pretty bad compared to most jobs, but i can totally make 5 step Skillchains + With capped Haste. (My only limit really is i can exclusively only end with light).
    I'm fighting Hurkan, and i've tried everything conceivable and yes, i have AM3 up.

What am i missing!?
    Here's my take on your two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Shining Strike (Impaction) -> True Strike (Detonation/Impaction) makes Detonation (Impaction->Detonation), then following it up with Black Halo (Fragmentation/Compression) makes Gravitation (Detonation->Compression), the follow up Black Halo (Frag/Comp) makes Fragmentation (Gravitation->Fragmentation). At least this point, you can close with something that's Fusion to make light I suppose, but I'm not sure if using realmrazer here with AM3 up will do anything because I forget whether the fusion property of merit WS is REPLACED by Light or if Light is simply added as a 3rd property. But stopping at the 2nd Black Halo won't give you anything in return.

Scenario 2: Assuming AM3 is already up, Realmrazer (Light/Fusion/Impaction) -> True Strike (Detonation/Impaction) will once again make Detonation (Impaction->Detonation), the Black Halo (Frag/Comp) that follows it makes Gravitation (detonation->compression), another Black Halo (Frag/Comp) will make Fragmentation (grav->frag), then the realmrazer, assuming it's fusion property isn't overwritten by Light, should theoretically make a lv3 light (frag->fusion), but my suspicion is that maybe fusion is overwritten by light, so you don't make anything out of fragmentation into light/impaction.

Conclusion: if your timing is correct and you're not getting anything out of either scenario 1 + realmazer finish or scenario 2, as listed, it's likely that the fusion property of realmrazer is repalced by light when AM is up.

One way I can think of for you to achieve this multi-step chain is the following:

1) Do not put up AM before you start the process, therefore keeping the Fusion property of realmrazer
    2) At the end of both of your scenarios, it'll look like black halo -> black halo -> realmrazer (has fusion, puts up AM) -> realmrazer (now has light property, therefore lv4 light and with AM, radiance)

Additional Note: no clue if you're on WHM or not, but hexastrike has fusion

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I am on WHM :3 I wouldn't be on any other job. I'll try messing around later. Thank you :D
    Very difficult to get perfect timing, but the timing was correct. Ofc though, without Kraken club, and capped magic hast,e this isnt exactly possible with my current clubs for actual content, Think im going to need to if i want to take this to say an actual solo scenario, is to modify chironic armor with full STP/Double attack and see what happens.

We did test though damage from the club closing the weaponskill chain of a THF, but the damage from the ultimate skillchain kind of was not worth the effort it took to get it, then again, when you have a thf doing crazy damage for all Skillchains he is making on the set up, i guess 6.9k Ultimate skillchain is ok on the grander scale of things.

Just wish Club WSs would get a buff now :/

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The only tp bonus weapons I can think of that worked with other weapons/offhand were the magian ones
    I thought TP Bonus on melee weapons did not apply to ranged WS and vice versa. Hangaku-no-Yumi doesn't give TP Bonus to melee WS.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I thought TP Bonus on melee weapons did not apply to ranged WS and vice versa. Hangaku-no-Yumi doesn't give TP Bonus to melee WS.
    magian weapon is tested to work on mainhand WS if it is wielded in the offhand, no clue about ranged though.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    magian weapon is tested to work on mainhand WS if it is wielded in the offhand, no clue about ranged though.
    That could have been an exception solely for Magian weapons. Martial weapons didnt transfer over.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hence why I said only magian at the start...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    That could have been an exception solely for Magian weapons. Martial weapons didnt transfer over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    see bold

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

And I understood what you said as "Magian weapons TP Bonus work in offhand, therefor they should all work in offhand". Apologies if that wasnt your intent.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    Hangaku no yumi isn't magian weapons. Magian ranged weapons do work on melee ws, that's how COR gets crazy ws numbers with their Savage blade build by using tp bonus magian gun.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlina View Post

What am i missing!?
    I have Fail-Not took me a bit of testing to figure out this doesn't work because:
    Shining strike > True Strike (Detonation) > Black Halo (gravitation) > Black Halo (Fragmentation)

Neither dark or light anywhere in that
    Realmrazer > True Strike (detonation) > Black halo (gravitation) > Black Halo (fragmentation) > Realmrazer (Light)

Light is only at the end, you need either light -> light or dark -> dark.

The easiest way to do this would be chain with AM3 or AM2 up
    Realmrazer -> Black Halo (Light) -> Realmrazer (Light) that would give you radiance.

You can also just get am3 up, then chain
    CDC -> Realmrazer
    Jishnu's -> Realmrazer
    Randgrith -> Realmrazer
    Knights of Round -> Realmrazer
    Final Heaven, Victory Smite, Namas Arrow, Glory Slash, Uriel Blade, Torcleaver, Scourge, Tachi:Fudo and more would work too.

That's the easiest way, but if doing self chains, you need to make light -> light and I don't think you can make umbral at all (unless with am up realmrazer gets both light and dark property but wiki says only light), as there is no club with Darkness property so you can't finish it. In using Fail-Not, I can get up AM3, and go CDC -> Jishnu's to make radiance. With AM2 up I could do CDC -> CDC (Light) -> Jishnu's (Radiance). With AM1 up I'd have to do something like Jishnu's -> CDC (light) -> CDC (light) -> Jishnu's (Radiance) Though to be honest I'm not sure that would work since you're closing after double light. Hope that helps, I don't think it's usually meant to be self made but it can be.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think GEO can actually probably make umbra with that club thanks to Exudation.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

hmm good point. I forgot about that ws, mainly because the PDF I use doesn't list it :D http://leviathan.ws/WSE_v3.1_mini_RC2.pdf