Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Aeonic Weapons Mega Thread

Ok, so since we're JUST on the cusp of people finishing the first Aeonics, I thought might as well make a post/thread to localize findings. (like AM specifics, any shenanigans after the HELM NMs in Reisenjima are killed, SC properties added, etc)

What we know so far I've already compiled from everywhere I could find on all the apropos pages in the wiki.

But there's some things that'll need to be tested and verified and whatnot. (and we can always have a wankfest over those who are first to make a w/e)

Mysteries about the creation process at hand:
    • Is there something after the brutal NM slaughterfest? A lame "get 10,000 of X" step? An even lamer "go kill Q GFNM Y more times"? Give Emporox 10k Merits? Hopefully the Reisenjima HELM NMs finishes them... but you never know. Collectathon it is! But what is it specifically? Dynamis farming? Mystery item? New stuff yet to be released???? (Dynamis seems really weird since these have been 100% Eschan items up until this final step.) Attestation NM farming! Weird... cause Dynamis isn't Reisenjima... maybe SE wanted to reinforce the fact that these are Relics V3... No word on how many or what... but likely tied to the weapon type, just like Relics. one of each, tied to the weapon type, just like the final two steps of Relics.
    • Do Brews really do invalidate the kill? Dasva made a good point about it not being in the English client, so a real condition not being given to 1/3~1/2 of the playerbase is kinda obscene. This is the "easiest" to test... but I wouldn't want someone to waste it on something like WoC... if you do decide to test it proper, pick one of the T1s in Zi'Tah or Ru'Aun... something so that you don't waste your effort on a false win if it really is a condition and the localization team has some explaining to do.

Mysteries of the weapons themselves:
    • SC&MB AM bonuses. How much? Are they like Mythics where they only happen below 3k? (unlikely given the SC requirements mirror Empyrean style AM) Do they scale inversely to the SC requirements or are they static? Do they only count for the merit WSs? (this is SE, so it should be asked...) SC&MBB scale, however the tiers are independent to the AM level, starting at 3% and increasing by 1% every 500TP. Also, fun fact, the opening WS of the AM has the T3 properties.
    • SC properties of the meritWSs. It could go either way, either they are expansions of their T2 properties, or they are duplicitous of Relic+EmpyWSs... if they're expansions like I believe they'd be: holyshit look at all these jobs being able to make double light AND double dark now. If they duplicated relic T3 properties again: LAME. But this should be confirmed. (Dagger, Sword, Polearm, Katana, and Gun are the "off color" T3 properties, so if you're making one of those, your SC results are important.) Woo! "Off-color"s are True.
    • AM duration.
    • Does the Store TP/TP bonus work in the off hand?Store TP, yes. TP bonus, no.
    • Hard values for Honor March's effects. We've been given rough approximations, and March+ works with it... but we would like specific values as well as how does March+ affect it. Does it only increase the haste? Does things like Madrigal+ increase the acc+ effect?Seems March+ boosts all parameters, and other types of songs don't affect it. However, all songs+ obvs does.
    • Does Srivatsa do anything? Ochain has an infinite block rate making it the ideal physical defense shield. (I like how they've nerfed it by making everything demand Aegis or RUN.) Aegis has true-cap MDT... but... Srivatsa just kinda... is a "121" shield. Maybe the DT is a typo and it should be DTII? Maybe the annuls damage stacks with others? Maybe it's just the red-headed stepchild of the "Relic" shields. We won't know for sure unless someone makes it. Though we DO know that it's a size 5 shield like Aegis... so... it should block like Aegis did in the 75era. It's got a ~40% base block rate, with 80% damage reduction. It's essentially Aegis in the 75era... minus the part that made Aegis so good.
    • Do they have +X0% to the meritWSs? Unlikely given that only Relics and Mythics proper have that... and the fake versions (Empyreans and Ergons respectively) don't... and these are Relics V3... but might as well confirm that they don't. Who knows. Maybe we'll get lucky and the DO have the linked WS bonus.Seems not.
    • Does that TP bonus work on the aftermath level? Even more unlikely than them having a linked WS damage bonus... but no REM has had a TP bonus statistic on itself before... so maybe the TP bonus on them is special. (though I think they've said that it didn't affect AM level... but idr.)Seems not.

I'll try to keep this post up-to-date as things happen.

And congrats on whoever is first.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What is known is that there is a collection step in the DATs, after the NM fest.

(Dialog 07903 Last step is bring materials for remake. Very special materials.≺Prompt≻)
    (Dialog 07904 Forbidden fragments and goads. Temprix do need. Temprix wait for ≺Multiple Choice (Player Gender)≻[man/lady]-person to bring.≺Prompt≻)
    But no idea what that could consist of yet... A really really long stretch could be the Vatical Fragment. Just noticed that's a fragment in the game that nobody seems to have seen yet. I'm going to guess it's an item that requires Potpourri, but who knows.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sounds really weird and anti-climatic but "forbidden fragments and goads" sound very suspiciously like goads and fragments from relics. I mean heck both even have forbidden in their flavor texts

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Vatical Fragment has existed in the .dats since 2007 and isn't obtainable in any known way. It's boring, but I bet it's just Dynamis goads/fragments. I don't know how many they'll require.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Maybe the DT is a typo and it should be DTII?
    JP client has same stats as NA one. Doubt it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    ^ this.
    Altough the shield could still be nice for Physical damage. I think it's highly unlikely but as far as we know it could have a blockrate close to that of Ochain but with a much higher damage reduction and working better on high level targets.
    Not like it would take an insane shield to beat Ochain, afaik Priwen is already better in situations where you can manage 100% uptime of Reprisal?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It is the same shield size as Aegis. By Martel's estimation (on xiah), it is inferior to Ochain without Reprisal and inferior to Priwen with Reprisal.

The shield is an enmity macro piece.

Campaign
    BG Level

No chance for it to have hidden shield block rate bonuses or something else?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They have never done a hidden block rate boost outside of shield size.
    Size 1 - Buckler
    Size 2 - Round
    Size 3 - Kite
    Size 4 - Tower
    Size 5 - Aegis / Aeonic
    Size 6 - Ochain

IIRC Martel figured out the base block rate and damage reduction associated with each shield size, so there's really just no suspense here.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think they took it away but Sipar used to have a hidden insane block rate. Like Ochain level blockrate though blocked almost no damage reduction. Was great for recasting utsesmi back in the day of pld/nin tanking

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Using an 11 million silt brew on something you can easily kill without it would be a bigger waste than using it on something you can't kill or can only kill with great difficulty, even if it doesn't count for clear. You can just gather 3-6 people for a kill on something weak, while brewing something you can't easily kill normally at least gets you drops that are in short supply even if the clear doesn't count.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think they took it away but Sipar used to have a hidden insane block rate. Like Ochain level blockrate though blocked almost no damage reduction. Was great for recasting utsesmi back in the day of pld/nin tanking
    Sipar was and still is a size 1 shield. That explains both its high block rate and shitty damage reduction.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Sipar was and still is a size 1 shield. That explains both its high block rate and shitty damage reduction.
    not sure but if the new shiled is aegis size and has the block rate of aegis at lvl 75 aera, wouldnt it have a good block rate with all the shield skill it provides?

wasnt it somewhere prowen that aegis has size 5 dmg reduction but size 3 blockrate during the lvl 75 aera?

EDIT: nvm it would lack still 150 shield skill to catch up with ochain even if it had size 3 blockrate. Reading is your friend ._.

how much does the 75 def on the shield reduce dmg blocked?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

37%!

Base + floor(Shield Defense / 2)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. It had block rates higher than other size 1s. Near 100%

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, SE but noted that it was a bug and has since added the official "shield block rate+" stat. Given how open they are with stats these days, I just wouldn't hold out hope that the shield secretly has a huge block rate boost.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah I doubt it too. Just noting that it has happened in the past. It also falls in line with SEs weird hard on with making weird situational sidegrade/macro piece shields instead of something just good.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Oh yeah I doubt it too. Just noting that it has happened in the past. It also falls in line with SEs weird hard on with making weird situational sidegrade/macro piece shields instead of something just good.
    i dont know how much better then aegis + ochain combo you want to get. it would literally break paladin beyond ¬.¬

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    i dont know how much better then aegis + ochain combo you want to get. it would literally break paladin beyond ¬.¬
    Shield with BDT II and immune to death and charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time that a "double typo" happened. (remember Vocane? That sweet sweet -3%DTII... just -7%DT)

Yeah, SE but noted that it was a bug and has since added the official "shield block rate+" stat. Given how open they are with stats these days, I just wouldn't hold out hope that the shield secretly has a huge block rate boost.
    Was that what happened? That's a really weird bug... like so weird that I can't even begin to think about what the hell was/is causing it. Did they ever fix it?

As it stands... the only thing this thing has going for it is that it's 119(121)... so it'll block more than Aegis... such a high bar. 9_9
    Though I guess +150 HP&MP and +35 acc&atk are nifty... And I think the +enmity is underrated... (cause iirc they changed +/-enmity to affect decay rate)
    But compared to "infinite" block rate Ochain, and absolute -MDT Aegis.... It's strange that this just... kinda does nothing.
    :/
    Though I guess it's cool that it'll be like Aegis was at 75. In terms of blocking anyways...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast