BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As long as Goldblum says must go faster I'll be happy

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ehhh, not excited for it, but I'll see it, maybe in theaters.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I like the little nod to the original with the raptor tapping his claw impatiently.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Hmmm... spoiler I guess
    Spoiler: show
    Looks like it has parts of what Jurassic Park 4 was supposed to be with "butler dinos" or whatever the hell it was. Not sure if want...

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Surprised no one bumped this. Movie was a turn your brain off popcorn flick, at best. Emphasis on the turn your brain off part.

Sooo many parts, including the climax, are littered with sequences that do nothing except add faux suspension at the cost of the movie just being done short and well. It's not a bad movie, it's just not a good one. The novel of "a new jp movie" rubbed off after the reboot, and now they're trying to take things in a new direction while still trying to keep child appeal to the maximum.

the treehuggers were pretty annoying in this flick. A cloned child was an odd twist and you wondered where they were gonna go with it, but having her be the one to free the dinos is so /eyeroll. Let's save a dozen dinosaur species and release them in America so they don't go extinct again! Oh...you mean they're eating every other species on the land? Oh, they're hunting every other animal to extinction? You mean we can't go camping anymore incase of dinosaurs? Uh, where did this pterodactyl come from and why did it just abduct my child? They just threw logic out the window so kids could enjoy the thought of dinos running around the country with a cloned child superhero being the second coolest part of the movie. I fucking hate merchandising.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Movie was goddamn ridiculous. But! Every JP was shit except for the first. I feel like this is the first one to truly just embrace how dumb it was and go balls to the fucking walls with it. If you're capable of turning your brain off and laughing and cheering at Chris Pratt Fistbumping his raptor pal and getting in boxing matches with dinosaurs, then this is the movie for you lol. If you want a coherent plot then stay the fuck away.

Atmosphere was excellent though.
    Last half of the movie felt like a goddamn Resident Evil game. Creepy Mansion, Check. Underground Laboratory for genetic experiments, check. Night time thunderstorm, check. Guns with barely any ammo, check. Being chased by monsters in the dark while you try to get through locked doors and shit, check. So fucking dumb, but so fun lol.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I'm going to see it on Tuesday only because a family member wants to see it. It's the theater's cheap movie day so I don't mind.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just felt that their choice of the ending was a clear sign that they ran out of ideas. So yeah, given the obvious direction they are going to take with the next film, at this point, I'd only see it because of Chris Pratt.

No one seemed to think, ya know, that maybe keeping them all alive was not a good thing. I mean the got damn planet tried to wipe them out a second time, and then the thing with the toxic gas in the facility. Now it's back to the ending of the Lost World, except, it's a whole got damn lot of dinosaurs, instead of a pissed off daddy T-Rex and his injured baby.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I found the movie to be pretty fun. Wouldn't say it was a great (or even good) movie, but definitely enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Movie was goddamn ridiculous. But! Every JP was shit except for the first. I feel like this is the first one to truly just embrace how dumb it was and go balls to the fucking walls with it.
    Jurassic World had Chris Pratt driving a motorcycle through the jungle followed by trained velociraptors. I felt like this one mainly followed the crazy/silly tone set by the other movie, I don't think they really crossed any new lines. The volcano sequence was pretty close but it really didn't feel that "bad" to me in the context of JW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I just felt that their choice of the ending was a clear sign that they ran out of ideas. So yeah, given the obvious direction they are going to take with the next film, at this point, I'd only see it because of Chris Pratt.

No one seemed to think, ya know, that maybe keeping them all alive was not a good thing. I mean the got damn planet tried to wipe them out a second time, and then the thing with the toxic gas in the facility. Now it's back to the ending of the Lost World, except, it's a whole got damn lot of dinosaurs, instead of a pissed off daddy T-Rex and his injured baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Let's save a dozen dinosaur species and release them in America so they don't go extinct again! Oh...you mean they're eating every other species on the land? Oh, they're hunting every other animal to extinction? You mean we can't go camping anymore incase of dinosaurs? Uh, where did this pterodactyl come from and why did it just abduct my child? They just threw logic out the window so kids could enjoy the thought of dinos running around the country with a cloned child superhero being the second coolest part of the movie. I fucking hate merchandising.
    I don't think the dinosaurs that escaped at the end of this movie are going to be important by themselves in the grand scale of JW3. It's maybe a dozen dinosaurs running through California/Nevada and I think that plot point will be wrapped up pretty quickly, maybe in the opening of the next movie.

I have to guess the next one will be about mass-cloned dinosaurs popping all over the globe (and escaping). After the events of this movie many more people/corporations will have access to live samples due to either the auction, or because of getting their hands on the escaped dinosaurs. Remember Henry Wu getting pissy that people would be able to make their own Indoraptors after the sale? There are people out there capable of at least cloning the live animals.

They also talked about something of the sort back before JW1 released.
    “I really like the idea that this group of geneticists aren’t the only people who can make a dinosaur,” Trevorrow told us at the time. “You know, when you think of the differences between Apple and PC – the minute something goes open-source, there are all kinds of entities and interests that may be able to utilise that technology.”

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty spot on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Really did not like this movie. Will be leaving it out of any binge re-watches.

Fucking just stop already with the remakes.