THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2015-16 NFL Conference Championships: Broads Welcome Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    the pussification of the NFL continues
    I know Moss is doing a bit, but I'm legitimately happy that there is a female coach in the NFL. The other major men's sports have pretty prominent female equivalents at either the professional, collegiate, or international level. But the closest comps the NFL has are several very small independent American football leagues, women's rugby, and the Legends Football League which used to be the Lingerie League a.k.a. TITTIEBALL. But in a season that has already seen the first female official and training camp assistant coach, hiring Kathryn Smith is just the latest sign that the old boy's club mentality of the NFL is hopefully coming to an end.

But before that happens, we get an entire off-season of players who aren't even on the Bills talk shit about how they would never respect a female coach. But wait—you know who is on the Bills? Richie Incognito! I wonder what he thinks! Oh wait, we already know!

Can Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless break it down for me? This is what February through August is like in sports reporting! Fuck me! Anyway, enjoy two of the only three meaningful football games left for half a year.

Last week:

M/L: 4-0
    ATS: 1-2-1

Overall:

M/L: 166-98
    ATS: 133-122-9

SUNDAY, JANUARY 24TH

3:00pm EST, CBS

New England at Denver (+3) - BRADY VERSUS MANNING PART WHO CARES. The real story of New England's win over Kansas City last week was a healthy Julian Edelman, who racked up 111 yards from scrimmage, had a big punt return, and most importantly attracted the attention of KC's defense. This allowed Rob Gronkowski to get loose for 83 yards and two scores, his first touchdown since before Christmas against Tennessee. As for Denver, it was their defense that held Big Ben and Pittsburgh without a passing touchdown. Sure, Antonio Brown was busy pretending to have a concussion, but the defense held strong while Peyton Manning and his receivers struggled with drops and 3rd down conversions all day. This is a matchup of good-on-good (NE offense vs. DEN defense) and meh-on-meh (the rest) but I can already feel the dread of ManningBradyBowl XVII upon me. Honestly I like Denver here, not only because of their soul-crushing defense but because I think the jitters of having Manning back and his history of losing his team's first playoff game is behind them. Look for my boy Demaryius Thomas to have a monster game, before last week he scored a touchdown in his previous five playoff games, and the last time he faced New England he posted a 7-134-1 line. Denver in the upset, over 44.5.

6:40pm EST, FOX

Arizona at Carolina (-3) - When we get to the conference championships, we usually talk a lot about the quarterbacks still playing. This game will feature the first playoff matchup between former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterbacks. Weird, right? I could've sworn we got an Eric Crouch vs. Chris Weinke Super Bowl at some point. Anyway, I watched some of the ARI/GB game on some guy's phone at a wedding reception, but apparently it was one for the ages. I did see Palmer's pick in the 4th, and figured they were cooked. Then lots of stuff happened! Palmer tipped TD to Floyd, Rodgers-to-Janis for 61 and then again for a Hail Mary TD, the worst coin flip in history, Palmer-to-Fitz for 75 and finally the shovel pass to Fitz to seal the win for the Cards. For Carolina, it was a tale of two halves as they pummeled the Seattle Seahawks to the tune of 31-0 by halftime, then almost shit the game away by gaining all of 75 yards in the 2nd half and giving up 24 unanswered points. But a win is a win, and the Panthers just #keeppounding. They had some success running the ball with Jonathan Stewart, so of course he's hurt again (but practiced today.) The thing that sticks in my mind is Arizona just didn't look sharp from what I saw and read. Palmer was missing throws and the defense gave up some chunk yardage to a Packers offense that was pretty thin at receiver. Can Cam Newton and company move the ball effectively here after being tossed around by Seattle's defense in the 2nd half last week? I think so. Panthers win and cover, under 48.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like both road teams this week.

Oh and the Browns fined Billy Vegas for whatever the fuck he was doing back on the 3rd.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

like the Patriots and the panthers but fuck tom

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Pro Football Focus @PFF
    Kawann Short had the best pass rush grade (+5.1) of any defensive player in the Divisional Round of the playoffs in the last 5 years

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The ref who botched the coin flip by not flipping it, will be the Super Bowl ref

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Broncos, Cards, Cards. Please let it be true.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

road teams!

shitass vs flat cap in the SB

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    The ref who botched the coin flip by not flipping it, will be the Super Bowl ref
    he was smart enough to re-flip at least

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Broncos, Cards, Cards. Please let it be true.
    plz

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I know Moss is doing a bit, but I'm legitimately happy that there is a female coach in the NFL. The other major men's sports have pretty prominent female equivalents at either the professional, collegiate, or international level. But the closest comps the NFL has are several very small independent American football leagues, women's rugby, and the Legends Football League which used to be the Lingerie League a.k.a. TITTIEBALL. But in a season that has already seen the first female official and training camp assistant coach, hiring Kathryn Smith is just the latest sign that the old boy's club mentality of the NFL is hopefully coming to an end.
    Actually the NFL now has the most gender diversity in coaching of any major American sport.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...der-diversity/

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

apparently last year when the Eagles picked up Bradford, they wanted to extend his contract, but Bradford wanted...25 mil a year

this is being reported now because no one knows how much he wants now but they assume it's not going down much. plz halp

TIME TO RESIGN SANCHIZE AND DRAFT SOMEONE!

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Actually the NFL now has the most gender diversity in coaching of any major American sport.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...der-diversity/
    2 > 1, gotcha

538 is really running out of things to run statistical analysis on, good thing it's actually primary season now.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Dear Bregor,

Why is Caitlyn Jenner crying Asterisks in your post?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

NE vs ARI
    NE winrar

Carolina is solid, but I just have a feeling Cam is going to have an off day and Larry is just going to larry all over the larrying place.

I don't speak Spanish; this is still better than Simms by a country mile

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Baby Mario from Yoshi's Island would make for better commentary then Phil Simms.

25m a year for bradford is hilarious

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

fucking bradford, wasnt that asshole also the last #1 pick to get absurd rookie money? hilarious

GATTACA!

BG Level

he also looks like a weenie. where's brady quinn

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    fucking bradford, wasnt that asshole also the last #1 pick to get absurd rookie money? hilarious
    Like 50m for his rookie contract lol

it's his agent, prolly telling him he can't take less money because it'll make him look bad

cuz being as bad as romo isn't bad enough, apparently.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    NE vs ARI
    NE winrar

Carolina is solid, but I just have a feeling Cam is going to have an off day and Larry is just going to larry all over the larrying place.

I don't speak Spanish; this is still better than Simms by a country mile
    I was hoping for Denver (duh-- said hoping, not expecting, though I think it'll be closer than most are thinking) vs. Carolina, but after hearing that?

I want the Cards in. I want the whole world to bask in the glow of Larry Larry Larry Larry Larry Larry Larry Fitgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerald.

I want that guy doing the Super Bowl for ALL broadcasts. Screw the Ambian broadcasters we have now.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast